SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    2024 INDY Car season is underway
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 INDY Car season is underway Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Great race #1 at a track I had the pleasure to attend in 2004. Had my very first Bratwurst there. During the colors and National Anthem I watched as Bruno Junquera sat and ignored them. Glad he faded away.

I think R. Grosjean is just a prima dona and everything revolves around him. I mean of course, they should yellow flag because HE SAYS SO! What an absolute Wanker.

I apologize for beating my dead horse regarding the stupid drivel that comes out of Townsend's mouth. But. Powers tire charger was out too far away from the tire which interfered with Palou's exit? Watching all the other tire changers I saw they were all at the same distance from the tire. I hope he is dropped with the FOX contract.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1434 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I can see Townsend's point, but it's also an optical illusion due to the curve of the pitstop. However, Palou was getting absurdly close to Power's tire changer that helped him jump spots in pit lane.

Race Control has also been the most inconsistent this year on when a stalled or slow car will warrant a yellow being thrown, so Grosjean's only 80% drama queen.

I also loved Conor Daly shitcanning the ECR car that Carpenter and Rassmussen drove out of the leader's circle which use to be his car that he was fired from. If there were two teams that died tomorrow or being Indy 500 only teams, ECR and DCR are it, but I'll also admit that I've got some problem with Ed being Tony George's stepson who got in the IRL because StepDad did a Lawrence Stroll and made a team for him. It's not Ed's fault, but that stigma sticks around in my head.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Extended Highlights from Milwaukee 1 and 2:

It sucks that Power couldn't fully capitalize on Palou's dead battery, but as long as Palou comes in 9th or better he wins in 2 weeks at Nashville Not Quite Superspeedway.

Points So Far:

Standings

1 Álex Palou 525
2 Will Power 492
3 Scott McLaughlin 475
4 Colton Herta 462
5 Scott Dixon 443
6 Pato O'Ward 419
7 Kyle Kirkwood 384
8 Josef Newgarden 365
9 Alexander Rossi 350
10 Santino Ferrucci 339
11 Felix Rosenqvist 301
Christian Lundgaard 301

Here's hoping Foyt can keep Ferrucci next year along with signing David Malukas. I'd love to see A.J. Foyt with 2 drivers that can bring in results, but I'm not sure if Chevy has the resources to run Foyt as a 3 car team with Prema coming in next year just in case they still need Sting Ray's sponsor money.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Ferrucci has been a revelation recently. And yeah, he's got some talent and courage but he's a major accident waiting to happen.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8539 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Ferrucci has been a revelation recently. And yeah, he's got some talent and courage but he's a major accident waiting to happen.

^^ My guess and only a guess is since he does not have a contract for next year he is driving balls to the walls since he has nothing to loose Roll Eyes

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1434 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And unlike Christian Rassmussen, he's not wrecking other people or himself. This is also the first time in at least 10 years that a Foyt car in is the Top 10. Not even Sebastien Bourdais could accomplish that.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
And unlike Christian Rassmussen, he's not wrecking other people or himself. This is also the first time in at least 10 years that a Foyt car in is the Top 10. Not even Sebastien Bourdais could accomplish that.

I suspect a lot of that improvement is because AJ has stepped back from interfering in his advanced age, the technical link up with Penske, and Larry Foyt having a more reasonable approach and temperament.

Posts: 9792 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post