SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are you a Gucci or simple carbine owner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a Gucci or simple carbine owner? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Which model? Are you going to tape a streamlight polytac on for a weaponlight?

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t know the model. It’s the 16 inch front sight block model. I actually plan on outfitting it the way my agency issues it to patrol guys. Vortex Spark and Streamlight TLR-1HL

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37072 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
What's the cliche, I reject your reality and insert my own?

Simple = adapting to the rifle's limitations.
Gucci = adapting the rifle to my limitations.

It doesn't really matter either way as long as the goal is to improve.

Based on my criteria, I voted no.

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simple = adapting to the rifle's limitations.
Gucci = adapting the rifle to my limitations.

I like that. Well said. Maybe not THE way to look at it, but a nice way to perhaps put a big chunk of the question into perspective.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the KISS principle.
The more you add, the more that will go wrong.

I have an LMT Defender 2000 as my Work Gun. Heavy lil sucker. So the more I add, the heavier it gets.

Light, sling, red dot.
Same for my HD AR.

If I was going back overseas, or was playing with Night Vision again, an APTIAL / IR Light-Laser is almost a must have.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
It’s like a sling condom, right?

Always tarp your load.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

That's not the definition of "Gucci".
Wilson Combat, BCM, etc are Gucci carbines.
PSA, S&W, Anderson, etc are mil spec simple carbines and for the poors.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
In the middle. A few more options than a bare bones carbine, but not full-on Gucci.

Light
Sling
Optic
BUIS
Medium extended charging handle
Stubby vertical foregrip (used more like a hand stop)

This me as well . . .

Mostly me as well, but there are a couple that have more.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Split the difference maybe?

I don't think I qualify as a "gear queer" but I do add a few items to any rifle that may be used.

The work gun was bought as a stock RRA Entry Tactical (their name) carbine. It had a basic 6 position stock, and fixed irons with a mount "handle" that was useless as a handle but a good rear sight.

I removed that, and put in a BUIS rear sight, Aimpoint Micro red dot, removed the stock hand guard and installed a quad rail. I added a stub VFG, Surefire flashlight, and upgraded to a BCM medium size charging handle (easier to use and grip than stock). Lastly I added a sling mount on the rear buffer plate, because it didn't come with one and we are required to have a sling to use the rifle on duty.

I consider those all upgrades and functional ones. I thin a red dot optic is a worthwhile upgrade on any gun. Same with a larger charging handle and VFG. I consider a light a MUST HAVE on any gun that may be used for defensive purposes.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like this?

"JMAC Customs has announced the release of their HRD MLOK handstop in anodized Gucci Green.

https://attackcopter.com/2023/...stop-in-gucci-green/

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

Like this?

No, that's an actual handstop.

I'm talking about a short vertical grip like this:
https://bravocompanyusa.com/bc...ok-compatible-black/
or this
https://bravocompanyusa.com/ta...vertical-grip-black/

Used more like this:

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Stubby foregrips are the shizznit. I too use it like in the picture.
It's also handy if you're walking or standing for long periods of time. Having two vertical grips lessens fatigue.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone will come along to inform us that C Clamp is the debil.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37072 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I like medium-simple:
ALG triggers, Geiselle charging handles, and a Fastfire red dot.
Solid and reliable.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm Gucci. 2 LMT MRP quadrail M4geries w/ Trijicon MROs. Geiselle triggers, BCM charging handles, enhanced LMT bolts. One is DI and the other is a Piston.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I identify as a Dolce & Gabbana carbine owner. My pronouns are Kate Spade and Prada.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of both and the full spectrum in between.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2313 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

That's not the definition of "Gucci".
Wilson Combat, BCM, etc are Gucci carbines.
PSA, S&W, Anderson, etc are mil spec simple carbines and for the poors.

The next line-
LMT Defender 2000

Would that qualify as "Gucci"? Cool

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I bling no more than to NM level with AR

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6291 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post