SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Are you a Gucci or simple carbine owner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a Gucci or simple carbine owner? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I am really digging the Saint.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I am really digging the Saint.

Go on...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It’s surprising a great little carbine for the money. The backstory is we started buying them at work. I bought one to teach with. I set it up as we issue it. The build is one of the better lower end style carbines. The recoil impulse is one of the better in that category. It is properly gassed, properly staked, and extremely reliable.

I just slapped a EoTech on it, padded BFG sling, and light. Just add ammo.

Oh and the groups at 50 are impressive for any service grade AR.

Color me impressed. And that takes a lot for someone that is usually Gucci.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
LMT Defender 2000

Would that qualify as "Gucci"? Cool

Modern LMT is in the Gucci tier. If you’re talking the old M4 plastic hand guard models, I don’t think so as they were reasonably priced. I wish I could get a 14.5” M4 style LMT upper to pair with my old Defender 2000 lower.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple here.
16" Midlength
Fixed front sight, MBUS rear
Padded Vickers sling
Vortex Strikefire II
Still need to get a light for it

The 12131 karma rifle is still in plain configuration, haven't decided how I want to equip it yet. It'll probably stay pretty simple/basic as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
LMT Defender 2000

Would that qualify as "Gucci"? Cool

Modern LMT is in the Gucci tier. If you’re talking the old M4 plastic hand guard models, I don’t think so as they were reasonably priced. I wish I could get a 14.5” M4 style LMT upper to pair with my old Defender 2000 lower.

Newer one. Full rail mount, 16" (interchangeable) Barrel. That thing is laser accurate!

I did get really lucky on that (and most) of my purchases. My neighbor (honestly 40 yards from door to door) worked for 2 different Police Supply places, and I was fortunate enough to pick up some really great deals on guns, ammo and equipment. This LMT was one of about 50 that were "department turn-ins". Whatever department wanted to upgrade their weapons, and traded these in. So that means "used". Well, getting the pick of the litter, the one that I got must have been a secretaries gun because there was probably less than 100 round thru it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I have a LaRue set up for coyotes and P-dogs. Slimmer barrel, SWFA scope (thing is YUGE), OD green larue furniture, larue trigger, magpul bipod. Will soon have a can of some sort.

For the longest time my only AR was an LMT defender 2000, all bare-bones with just a fixed rear sight and a magpul CTR stock. And sling.

HD pistol is an 8" 300Blk with a raptor charging handle and RDS. Needs a light.

I still need a 20" and a 14.5" 5.56. and an AR-10 thing and a 9mm PCC thing.

I really like ARs.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Super simple. Stock except a JP rifles trigger and an Aimpoint.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post