SIGforum
Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4160079094

August 04, 2022, 04:40 PM
sigfreund
Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it.
Sa ... weet!
Thanks for sharing. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
August 04, 2022, 05:45 PM
RichardC
Nice targets, got2have1.

August 04, 2022, 06:45 PM
got2hav1
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Nice targets, got2have1.

Thanks, I'm still working at it. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3
August 16, 2022, 12:06 PM
got2hav1
I had my CZ457 Varmint scoped but had not shot it until today. I converted this from .22WMR to .22LR and added a MTR CZ barrel. Scope is a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20 X 40mm with medium D3 rings. Spent a few rounds getting the scope dialed in. Switched over to some serious ammo ( Center X). Shows some potential so time to practice. Made a nice looking package. All shots at 50 yds.
Also had to sight in the CZ455 now outfitted with a Lothar Walther SS barrel. Breech gap is set at .047". It chamber all rounds tried and extracted everything. The scope on this one is a new Clearidge 6-20 X 40mm . It also shows some potential in fact both shot about the same. See targets upper half of both targets were used to sight in. Again Center X was used on the lower half.
I love to shoot both these and my VPT457. Going to have to have a shoot out soon. To much fun!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

August 16, 2022, 12:28 PM
sigfreund
Nice results. Thanks for the update.

I am enjoying my Ruger 77/22 very much, but I would be happier with a chassis type stock and unfortunately the rifle was discontinued long enough ago that evidently no one wants to support in that way. I therefore keep thinking I “need” something different to scratch that itch. I have a couple of expensive options in mind, but also keep telling myself that I’d never do anything to use their capabilities and should lower my sights (NPI) a bit—especially when seeing what these rifles are capable of.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
August 16, 2022, 01:28 PM
got2hav1
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Nice results. Thanks for the update.

I am enjoying my Ruger 77/22 very much, but I would be happier with a chassis type stock and unfortunately the rifle was discontinued long enough ago that evidently no one wants to support in that way. I therefore keep thinking I “need” something different to scratch that itch. I have a couple of expensive options in mind, but also keep telling myself that I’d never do anything to use their capabilities and should lower my sights (NPI) a bit—especially when seeing what these rifles are capable of.

It's a deep rabbit hole for sure. I doubt very few of us can take advantage of what CZ,Tika or Begara has to offer. If I can ever clear a 2500 ARA target I'm going to wall hang it! LOL. Big Grin

August 16, 2022, 05:22 PM
sjtill
I'm away from home for a while, but look forward to a shoot-off between my MTR, the 457 Lux, and the Ruger 10/22 with Kidd barrel.

August 16, 2022, 05:47 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm away from home for a while, but look forward to a shoot-off between my MTR, the 457 Lux, and the Ruger 10/22 with Kidd barrel.

Be sure to post the results. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato
September 21, 2022, 09:15 PM
sigfreund
Any other contributions?

6.4/93.6

— Plato
September 22, 2022, 11:23 PM
sjtill
I’m back home now, Sigfreund. Will try to get to the range next week.

October 11, 2022, 11:48 AM
got2hav1
Update on the CZ 457 VPT. I swapped out the stock 16.5" barrel for the LW 20.5" barrel I had on my 455 boyd stock. Set the barrel screws @ 35 in. lbs and the action screws @ 25 in. lbs. The headspace is set at .045". Today has been a great day to shoot in NC. No wind, 57 degress and sunny. This is the first time I have tried RWS R50 in this stock/barrel combination. It produced several 5 shot .4" groups at 50 yards and a new personal best of .334"
So RWS looks good, now to find some!

October 11, 2022, 06:36 PM
sigfreund
Inspiring! Smile
Thanks.

Creedmoor Sports says they have R50 in stock:
https://www.creedmoorsports.co...n/rimfire-ammunition

6.4/93.6

— Plato
October 11, 2022, 06:42 PM
got2hav1
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Inspiring! Smile
Thanks.

Creedmoor Sports says they have R50 in stock:
https://www.creedmoorsports.co...n/rimfire-ammunition

Thanks for lead...I'll get some.

October 17, 2022, 11:23 AM
jcsabolt2
Checkout some of "MarkandSam AfterWork...22lr at 1000yards" as they had an extensive project on pushing the limits on what a .22LR and .22Mag could do including hand loading ammo. Linked above is just one video.

He does not agree with using "standard velocity" ammo, think he covers this is another video. With the extended ranges he shoots and HITS, I would tend to listen to the man. Anyone who can consistently nail targets well beyond 1,000 to beyond 3,000 yards with any caliber rifle tends to know what they are doing.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf