SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What was your first SIG and when?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first SIG and when? Login/Join 
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 (West German), 1991 (KB), U4551xx.

(Wish I still had it!)

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
P226 40 w/Cocobolo Checkered DOB 2012 in 2016 Railed w/TLR3 - Added 357 Sig Barrel and still have it.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 in 40 S&W, bought in 1997.I still have it.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a P220 .45 bought new in 2002, and yes, I still have it. I’ve accumulated a number of SIG pistols since then but that late German-made, rail-free P220 is still my favorite SIG and in my top 2 or 3 favorite of all the handguns I own.

Posts: 312 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first was a 230. Sometime in the late 80's. It's long gone though.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My first was a P229 in 40 S&W. It was a West German one, bought in 1993/94. I sold it a few years later, just didn't like the trigger. Within a month or so, I purchased a P220, 45, also West German which I still have.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3387 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was stationed at Fort Richardson, AK. and the PX sold firearms there. Went to the gun counter and they had a complete display cabinet filled with every Sig P model that was available.

Saw a P229 in .357 SIG listed as a CPO gun. Bought it for “I think” $450.00.

First Sig I ever bought. Absolutely shot the snot outta that gun. I bought 6 more Sig pistols there before I retired and came home.

quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
Given the name of this terrific place to hang out I thought this topic would be interesting. What was your first SIG, when did you purchase it, and do you still own it?

My infatuation with SIGs began while I was in high school. I purchased a P226 a few years later in 1993 and I do still own it.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
P230, it was my Mom's. Shot it first when I was in high school. Was a long term loaner in my early 20's. She asked for it back in my mid 20's, I bought it from her in my early 40's. It's a terrible gun to shoot, horrible for carry, weighs too much, under powered, and awkward. Still it's one of the prettiest guns I own and has a special place in my heart. A love/hate relationship if you will.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20749 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought my first Sig at an auction in 2006. It was a big duck decoy auction with some misc firearms thrown in, including 2 pistols. First pistol was a S&W Model 4006 40 cal. Me and an older gentleman went back and forth on the bid and I got it for $325. I was pretty happy. Next up was a Sig P226, marked West Germany. Original box, 1 mag still wrapped. I opened the bid at $200 and I was the only bidder. I about lost it when I won the bid!! I've still got it and shoot it about every time I go to the range.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a P226 circa 1991. I didn't shoot it very well and subsequently sold it to my brother, who still has it. Not too long after, I bought another one and still have it, and a bunch more Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
P245. Carried it to watch Pierce Brosnan in a JB movie in Shelby, NC 22 years ago. Wish I still had it.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the year, maybe 98 or 99.

The store had a P225, P226 and a P220 in 9mm in stock. I decided I was leaving the store that day with one of them.

I've always wanted a 226. On this day however, I was stuck on the P225 and that's what I bought.

My first range trip with the pistol was below par. I brought my Beretta Centurion to the range also.

I was shooting lights out with the Beretta but all I was all over the target with the Sig. I couldn't explain it. I've never shot a pistol so poorly before.

All subsequent range trips with the 225 were much better.

On one trip I rented a G34. The results I had shooting the 225 and the G34 were very similar between both pistols, good and consistent, nothing spectacular.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 620 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 45 in 1992. A gift from my wife. I was working in Juvenile Corrections with little juvenile drug dealers, and they cared little for their own lives and none for the rest of us. I had been carrying a 38 snubby off duty, but after a couple of major assaults on staff, I got the P220.

Later I joined a PD that carried the P220 on duty. You could carry your duty weapon off duty but there were four pages of rules and regs to follow. If you carried a personal weapon with a concealed carry permit. One page. I carried my personal SIG. LOL.

I added a couple more SIGs later, and never looked back. We later converted to Glocks, I was a firearms instructor and armorer, but still shot the P220 in Service Auto competitions and won...

"You can tell a lot about the character of a man, by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him."

Posts: 14 | Location: Central Oklahoma | Registered: November 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 9mm in 2007, after a challenge from a certain annoying brother about owning 'nothing but tupperware'. Like so many of my guns, I really should take it out for a spin more often.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
A Sig P226 E2 40S&W. Purchased ~2011
Excellent handgun.

Posts: 515 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JIMBO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sixteen years ago, Christmas, 2005, my wife gifted me my very first Sig:

Along with a Milt Sparks VM2 in which to carry it:

Now there is an astute, sensitive spouse who listens to the Christmas likes and wants of her family members! Huge kudos to her. I have spoken to a few spouses who have said,"I would never know which one he would want so I don't risk it," whether it's a gun or watch or whatever! I say, risk it ladies. I think it's the spirit and love that often gets lost in the fray of black Friday sales and deals. I encourage everyone to love and appreciate family and friends we have and love in these turbulent times. Happy holidays to one and all and be safe !

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...

Posts: 534 | Location: Beautiful Montana | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My first Sig was my two-tone P239/9mm purchased while stationed at Ramstein AB, Germany (‘97-‘01) from the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club for $425USD (no tax) in Nov ‘97. I still have it, and will not part with it. Had the SSP and SRT and a couple other things done to it about 10 or 12 years ago. My younger daughter gave me a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig for Christmas several years ago for it.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a P226 with the non-railed frame and one-piece steel slide, purchased for my by my father for my 16th birthday in the dark days of the AWB.

Of all the guns I've let go over the years...that's one I'm very glad I haven't.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
P229R in .40 S&W, 2000, still have. It is now a four caliber pistol as a friend built up a 9mm slide for it, I bought a 22lr conversion kit for it to start my son on it, and I picked up a .357 Sig barrel for it. These days, it is typically configured in .357 Sig or 9mm.

Posts: 6869 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P226, sometime in the mid 1980's.

Left the blazing dumpster fire of of taxes, corruption and tyranny that is Illinois, for freedom in Florida.

Posts: 12 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: February 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post