SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Member 18DAI Has Passed
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member 18DAI Has Passed Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hello Katie,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am also a longtime member of the previously mentioned Smith and Wesson forum. I always attempted to read all of your father’s posts there. He was truly an amazing expert on 3rd generation S&W pistols that I was interested in. He would take the time to answer even questions from a novice S&W owner like I was originally. I always appreciated his input and overall knowledge.

I too have lost my dad and miss him very much. Bless you In your journey to connect through his writings. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
63! wow too young, RIP John.

"April 21, 1961 - March 9, 2022"
He died a few weeks short of 61. Frown

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John’sDaughter:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Katie, I think it’s a great idea to connect with your dad by connecting with those who knew and appreciated him. You don’t need to be a gun expert to participate here. Maybe stick around and see what he liked about this place. We can be abrupt sometimes but we’re not a bad bunch. This community has been involved in some remarkably inspirational activities. We’ve all helped and been helped. Feel free to be friends with your dad’s friends.

Thank you! That means a lot. I was worried people wouldn’t appreciate me distracting from the gun discussion

We are family here Katie. I think when you go through and read your father's posts you will see how this is a forum like no other place on the internet and you have a chance to see how much he was valued here.

In the last few years I have not been as into guns or shooting as much, I still stop here and read something a couple times a day. There are discussions about everything under the sun.

Since he was family, by extension you are family. Hopefully you stick around after you finish reading his posts.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

Feel free to email me if you'd like; my email address is in my profile.

Honestlou, she may not be able access your email. Her membership might be too new and members that registered after a certain date (I just don’t know the date), cannot access member profiles.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Welcome Katie!

I didn’t know your dad from anywhere other than this forum but I always enjoyed reading his posts and look forward to yours as well.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Katie! You can see we appreciated your dad, and we’re happy to have you with us.

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, Katie! I spend some time over on TheHighRoad forum and see that some of your father’s posts there have been made a permanent fixture in their Revolvers section - great info from a knowledgeable yet humble man.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
We are family here Katie. [snip]

Since he was family, by extension you are family. Hopefully you stick around after you finish reading his posts.

Exactly! Do stick around, ma'am. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Katie, your dad was a very good man, and this forum is a family, stick around, this is the best place to be.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:

Feel free to email me if you'd like; my email address is in my profile.

Honestlou, she may not be able access your email. Her membership might be too new and members that registered after a certain date (I just don’t know the date), cannot access member profiles.

You're right, thanks. I had forgotten about that. I'll ask Para to send her my email.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John’sDaughter:
You’re not insulting my intelligence at all! I honestly appreciate the advice and have considered it. I will email you!
Katie, being a new member here you won't be able to see the email addresses in members' public profiles. (That's an anti-scam measure.)

Instead: Put your email address in your public profile so established members can reach out to you.

To add an email address to your public profile page, which only members registered on or before 03/22/2022 can access: Click Go -> Personal Zone -> Profile -> View/Edit Complete Profile, put a valid email address in the Display Email field, then click Save at the bottom of the page.

To avoid being scammed (and survivors are a prime scammer target): If somebody does email you, claiming to be such-and-such a SIGforum member, best to confirm it with them here in this thread.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
60 is was too young. He will be miss. Prayers for him and his family.

Posts: 1040 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Wow, way too young, I, like others really enjoyed reading what he had to say.

My prayers are with his family.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I always looked forward to his posts especially about the 3rd gen S&W.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this as he was a valued member here with great information to offer.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, this thread is nearly two years old.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post