SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanrifleman.o...sic-modern-american/

Many iterations of the High Power design had caveats suggesting limited or no use of +P 9 mm Luger loads, but the forged SA-35 is fully +P-rated.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I didn't already have my fully upgraded and refinished (Dusk II by CCR) BHP from 1989, I would have looked close into getting one. My CCW is an SA EMP in 9mm. Fine pistol.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:

Many iterations of the High Power design had caveats suggesting limited or no use of +P 9 mm Luger loads, but the forged SA-35 is fully +P-rated.

Interesting article; I noted he ran almost 800 rounds, one stoppage. As a side bar, when I finished there was a photo/link to the EAA offering of the Turkish copy. The SA version appears much nicer, and the price point was only $171 higher.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The more I learn about these, the more excited I am to get one. Per the guns and ammo youtube review, there's no MIM on it. That's pretty amazing these days at this price point. I also really like the updates that SA made to the design...they're subtle visually, but add to the shootability, which is what I care about more than anything. Those sights looks nice, and I'm glad they dumped the mag safety. A hammer that doesn't bite you is a good thing, and the minimized roll mark styling looks classy, as well. I also like that they went with a blued finish, and those grips set it off very nicely, and look much more comfortable than the originals.

I really hope some of these turn up locally at or below MSRP!

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nra-life-member:

This review says hammer bite is still a concern, breaking the skin after 200 rounds. So improved but not eliminated. So I suppose a new hammer would be needed for my big paws

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for them to become available. I WILL buy one. Big Grin

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ok so ….
-No MIM
-All forged
-Made in the USA
-Good sights
-MecGar Mags

How the hell is this coming in at the mid $6 bills mark?????? What am I missing????

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
How the hell is this coming in at the mid $6 bills mark?????? What am I missing????

Shhhhh! Don't ask...I don't want them raising the price before I can get one!

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
This is one I’ll be trying for sure.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to have to pick one up, eventually.

I never buy the first year of production but in about eighteen to twenty-four months I think I will be in the market for one.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cslinger raised a really good point as to how these pistols will be in the $600-700 range with them being what they are. I've been wondering the same thing and can only come to the conclusion that the forgings for them maybe come from other countries that can produce them for substantially less than could be made here in the good old USA.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
I've been wondering the same thing and can only come to the conclusion that the forgings for them maybe come from other countries that can produce them for substantially less than could be made here in the good old USA.
It may be the raw forgings are made abroad and then machined in the USA, but in that case, SA, Inc is, in effect, lying to us. I wouldn't put it past them.

Tonight, I looked around at High Power prices and I was shocked at what the FN pistols are bringing on the secondary market. If these new pistols work and prove durable, they can only be considered a bargain for someone who wants a High Power. Nevertheless, no one likes being lied to or being told half-truths.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
They will sell a ton, one of which to me. Stunning firearm at an very affordable price.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
I've been wondering the same thing and can only come to the conclusion that the forgings for them maybe come from other countries that can produce them for substantially less than could be made here in the good old USA.
It may be the raw forgings are made abroad and then machined in the USA, but in that case, SA, Inc is, in effect, lying to us. I wouldn't put it past them.

Tonight, I looked around at High Power prices and I was shocked at what the FN pistols are bringing on the secondary market. If these new pistols work and prove durable, they can only be considered a bargain for someone who wants a High Power. Nevertheless, no one likes being lied to or being told half-truths.

I too am skeptical about SA's made-in-USA description.

Their 1911 Mil-Spec is made w/ Brazilian components made by Imbel. Their discontinued 1911 GI was the same. The models that were completely made in Brazil will have "Made in Brazil" stamped on them. They usually have serial#s starting w/ WW or N.

The ones made w/ Brazilian components - including forged frames - but finished in Geneseo, IL have serial#s starting w/ NM. These have enough work and parts done in the US to avoid "Made in Brazil" stamping. Some buyers in the market for entry-level SA 1911s make a point of finding ones w/ NM serial#s.

The Mil-Spec and GI 1911s cost around $700-800. I think before it was discontinued (long before Covid), at its lowest, the GI still ran around $600. Now SA is able to produce their SA-35 w/ cold forged frame, slide, & barrel domestically for under $700? Confused
Are they selling them at cost?

I know price is determined by what the market will bear, but given:
  • the venerable appeal for the BHP
  • the high cost of used BHPs
  • the higher cost of domestic production
  • SA's successful track record of selling guns made in Brazil & Croatia
It doesn't add up to me that the SA-35 will have street price in the low $600s. It would be like Colt re-introducing the Python for under $1K.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
The more I learn about these, the more excited I am to get one. Per the guns and ammo youtube review, there's no MIM on it. That's pretty amazing these days at this price point. I also really like the updates that SA made to the design...they're subtle visually, but add to the shootability, which is what I care about more than anything. Those sights looks nice, and I'm glad they dumped the mag safety. A hammer that doesn't bite you is a good thing, and the minimized roll mark styling looks classy, as well. I also like that they went with a blued finish, and those grips set it off very nicely, and look much more comfortable than the originals.

I really hope some of these turn up locally at or below MSRP!

My suspicion is that if these guns truly are MIM free, it's an economy of scale thing and they're not going to invest in the likely extremely expensive injection molds until they know that demand can pay for them. The early guns may, therefore, be the ones to get.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Forged steel frame, slide, hammer forged barrel, no MIM parts and a $699 MSRP.

And to think that I was starting to believe the trolls who have been telling us this couldn't happen in modern handgun manufacturing. So, tell me again how a gun made like the SA35 would have "...an MSRP well over $1K IF it could even be made..." Wink Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
So seeing the Springfield Armory sold out the 2A and we hate them unconditionally and forever critics, plus the abundance of cost-of-production experts we have here, one can only conclude that these new HP clones are being mass produced in a Chinese slave-labor camp. Razz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
So seeing the Springfield Armory sold out the 2A and we hate them unconditionally and forever critics ...

I guess I missed that episode. What did Springfield do?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
My suspicion is that if these guns truly are MIM free, it's an economy of scale thing and they're not going to invest in the likely extremely expensive injection molds until they know that demand can pay for them. The early guns may, therefore, be the ones to get.

I agree with this. They introduce a gun. They do it right from the beginning. After a few years, the penny pinchers start finding ways to save money. What can we MIM? What can we buy from India? It might be better to get an early gun with all forged parts, than wait for the penny pinchers to ruin it.

And I thought the Springfield/Brazilian Imbel connection was long gone and dead? Are they for sure STILL using Brazilian made frames? I have a Mil-Spec Defender that I bought for like $449 and it has a NM frame...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read this morning that SA is one of the main customers of Dasan in Korea, they reportedly got away from Imbel ca 2010.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post