SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The sad fact of the matter is, SA, Inc just blows. I won't call them Springfield Armory because Springfield Armory is an armory in Massachusetts. They closed their doors in 1968 and now, it's a national historic site. SA, Inc started life an a military surplus store in Illinois. If they called themselves Elvis Presley, that would be as valid as calling themselves Springfield Armory.

Their quality control blows. Their Grip Zone blows. SA, Inc blows.
Couldn't agree more, and really the HP isn't all that great anyway, I've had 2 of them , terrible triggers and not particularly accurate. Also had 1 S.A.1911, inside machine work looked like it had been done with a file and chisel

Posts: 23 | Location: st louis | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
https://www.springfieldpremiere.com/

anyone have anymore scoop on this??

------------------------------------

Where are the girls ?

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested in a detective size. I’ve had a number of HPs over the years and the only have a FEG at this time which I’m happy with

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
My FEG clone will be just fine.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Part of me hopes everybody is wrong and it's not a Hi-power, but rather a reasonably priced mil-spec M1 Carbine. I know it's probably not, but I can dream!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Argentine one that "bald1" posted a picture of is a nice sized Hi Power compact. I always wished that FN Herstal had also made them, including a stainless steel version.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a BHP but I bought it before there were a plethora of pistols with hi-capacity mags. I think there was the BHP and a couple S&Ws back then. And I wasn't about to buy a S&W. But today, there are dozens of superior pistols with higher capacity than the BHP's 13 rounds. My BHP is a beautiful gun, but I would not buy one today.

rambo

Posts: 243 | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Part of me hopes everybody is wrong and it's not a Hi-power, but rather a reasonably priced mil-spec M1 Carbine. I know it's probably not, but I can dream!

SA Inc made beautiful forged M1 Carbine receivers about 20-25 years ago. I understand that they were machined by LMT. That was actually SA Inc's 2nd go at M1 Carbine.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have 3 P35 variants as is, so the only thing that would interest me would be a railed version. Heresy to most I’m sure, but a BHP with grippy slim grips, “detective” slide, and a TLR7sub light would be a nice carry piece.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glider:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The sad fact of the matter is, SA, Inc just blows. I won't call them Springfield Armory because Springfield Armory is an armory in Massachusetts. They closed their doors in 1968 and now, it's a national historic site. SA, Inc started life an a military surplus store in Illinois. If they called themselves Elvis Presley, that would be as valid as calling themselves Springfield Armory.

Their quality control blows. Their Grip Zone blows. SA, Inc blows.
Couldn't agree more, and really the HP isn't all that great anyway, I've had 2 of them , terrible triggers and not particularly accurate. Also had 1 S.A.1911, inside machine work looked like it had been done with a file and chisel

I agree with this. The HP was a remarkable pistol in it's day but today, I see it as more of a nostalgic just kind of nice to have gun.

With that in mind, I'm not buying such a gun from SA.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

You need to shoot a HP worked over by Novaks. It'll make your heart go pitter patter.

Indeedy - I’m a recent Novak BHP owner. Granted, the price of admission was likely higher than whatever SA is about to unveil; but, thus far, it’s been worth it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind, that Mec-Gar makes an excellent 15rd BHP mag. I'm too tired to check right now, but the 'mousetrap' version from FN may also be 15rds now.
Pachmayr used to make a 15rd version also, IIRC. You'd have to hunt 'em down. That, along with the HP's svelte front-end and dust-cover, still make it a very, very packable pistol...espcially IWB.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Whatever’s coming, looks like we don’t have long to wait. Social media post by SA bears this coming Monday’s date:

It'll be a Hi Power. Look at the "clock" displaying 19:35 next to the picture of John Moses Browning. The Hi Power was introduced in 1935 and designed by J.M.B.

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STS:
It'll be a Hi Power. Look at the "clock" displaying 19:35 next to the picture of John Moses Browning. The Hi Power was introduced in 1935 and designed by J.M.B.
John Browning died in 1926. Initial design work on the High Power was Browning's. The work was completed by an FN engineer- D. Saive.

SA, inc. appears to be incapable of a original thought.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Knowing Springfield's long history of selling rebranded clone guns made overseas, I wonder if this is just another rebranded BHP, perhaps with some fancy cosmetic changes made by one of the many companies that built these things.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
Knowing Springfield's long history of selling rebranded clone guns made overseas, I wonder if this is just another rebranded BHP...

that's what the smart money is betting at this point

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is this is a foreign made, probably Turkish, HP clone that Springfield has acquired the rights to import and put their brand on.

This approach seems to be SA's bread and butter.

As a guy with deep roots in Illinois, I just can't bring myself to support SA these days.

As I find most of their products mediocre, it is not hard to avoid them.

I recognize others will have other opinions and make different choices. To each their own.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Here ‘tis:

https://www.springfield-armory...guns/sa-35-handguns/

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Made in the USA with a stated MSRP of $699 according to the SA website, FWIW. Looks like it comes with an SA-branded Mec-Gar 15-round mag (judging by the “Made in Italy” marking).

posted Hide Post
https://www.gunsamerica.com/di...with-a-modern-flair/

they will not have a problem selling a bunch of these

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post