SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upcoming Springfield Armory P-35 Hi Power Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I admit that gun looks nice and is better set up than I expected.

I'm pleasantly surprised it's made in America. I did not think SA had the capability to do that.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind having one. I tend to keep my Belgium made one in the safe partly because it's a family hand me down. It fits my hand really well and it has that classic look about it like a 1911,P210 etc. Be nice to try one..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m pleasantly surprised by this. It looks much better than I anticipated, I’d like to see one in person and handle before I pass any judgment but it looks like they got a lot of things right with it. Time will tell..

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t look too bad for a base model:

USA Forged Frame and Slide, Extended Safety, and a 5.5# Trigger with no magazine safety for $699 MSRP is a pretty good deal. Shipping with 1 mag is a little cheap, but compared to spending $400 more for a FN when they were new, it’s not bad.

I’ll wait for a Loaded or a TRP model, but not a bad start.

Posts: 4169 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this a true clone? Interchangeability of parts with FN pistols? Will it accept FN/Mec-Gar magazines?

If it's forged major components and made in the USA, then maybe SA, Inc has finally pulled their head out of their ass.

High Powers are not really rated for +P. If you stick to standard pressure ammunition, a High Power will last forever.

The barrel of the FN High Power was actually two pieces. The barrel tube was forged and the breach area was a casting. High Power frames were forged up until the early 1990s. Had it not been for the introduction of the .40 caliber chambering of the High Power (ick), FN would likely have continued with forged frames, but FN found that the .40 S&W cartridge beat the High Power frame so badly, the frame rails began to warp in short order. That's right- despite the perception, cast High Power frames are actually harder than the forged ones. Well, this new clone has a forged frame. Food for thought.

Show me a test of 10,000 rounds of +P ammunition of this pistol and then we'll know what we have here.

I do applaud SA, Inc for using USA-produced components. I was certain this thing would be from Brazil or Turkey.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this a true clone? Interchangability of parts with FN pistols? Will it accept FN/Mec-Gar magazines?

James said that the mags are compatible.
Sounds like many parts are interchangeable.

Posts: 1478 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I gotta say it looks sounds great and the price point is about 700 bucks less then I expected.

Supposedly all parts are interchangeable. All mags are interchangeable.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
I like what I see. There are several video reviews out there. I like the forged frame for the 9mm - but hey that's just me.

Price is very affordable..

What's old is new again - with improvements..

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I will have one!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too like what I see. No magazine disconnector, Segel style grips, modern thumb safety lever design, no bite hammer, etc.

But some tests don't show very good accuracy. My FN MKIII (with an Olympic Arms match barrel) and FM Detective (factory bbl) HPs are much better this that off a rest. Here's the gunsamerica test results from the link on the previous page:

These results from guns and ammo and american rifleman are more in tune with my guns:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16217 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

You need to shoot a HP worked over by Novaks. It'll make your heart go pitter patter.

Indeedy - I’m a recent Novak BHP owner. Granted, the price of admission was likely higher than whatever SA is about to unveil; but, thus far, it’s been worth it.

They do good work.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was a good decision not to sell all the High Power mags I have.

I am going to wait for the bugs to be worked out, but I will have one of these SA35 pistols. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Yeah I will get one too. I like the price point and what you get for the dollar.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It doesn’t look too bad for a base model:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FNrGy6T2AzY" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

^^^^^ "Unlike the 1911, the Hi-Power remains relevant today?" *cough* Srsly?

Anyway... Looks very interesting--particularly at its price point.

Just as I picked up a Sig P210A because it was my chance to own a modernized version of a legendary pistol that was, by all reports, every bit as good as the original, I might be inclined to snag one of these for the same reason.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He said no slide bite but nothing about hammer bite.

I sold my 75th anniversary BHP and my practical. I regret letting them go, so maybe ill be able to replace them now

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think that he mispoke and meant hammer bite as they redesigned the hammer.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I think that he mispoke and meant hammer bite as they redesigned the hammer.

Perhaps, but that would be one thing I saw that would concern me. That hammer spur looked like it was awfully close to the meat back of the web of his hand.

At their price point I'll be surprised if my one LGS that has an associated range doesn't have them for rent. This is one that, for the potential hammer bite reason, I'll want to try before I buy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'll be darned. Made in America, nicely engineered to be true to the original

no magazine safety and no ugly disclaimer roll marked on the slide.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I really didn’t want to want this gun….

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me as well but now I kind of want one. Its been 19 years since I have had a high power in my collection. The last one I had was a matte stainless one. Was a beauty. This has me really intrigued

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post