SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Until recently my self-defense gun was a Sig P226 Stainless Steel Elite in 357 Sig with custom stainless steel grips. She was my EDC home or away, and kept watch beside my bed while I slept.

Now, my self-defense gun is a P220 Legion 10mm also with stainless grips. It's boomier.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
G34 and G41 for the bedroom and office, G19 or G43 carry

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They used to be one in the same, my P229. But then the P320 took over EDC. Then my buddy offered up a TLR-3 for free. As my hand held flashlight always seemed to dead, I took it and put it on my SP2022 (the P229 is non-railed), which now does nightstand duty.

So even though they're both SIGs, and both polymer framed, I answered different cuz of the striker/TDA difference.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
P938 for daily carry and a IWI Jericho 941 on the nightstand. My 938 is always accessible as a backup in the dark.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Same.
Normal work day (slacks) P11
Weekends, casual works days P320C

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My nightstand gun is a Gen 4 Glock 34 with night sights and a light on it.

Generally I'm carrying something striker-fired (Glock/M&P/SIG) when I'm out and about.
With that being said, I find myself sometimes breaking out the DASA guns to carry.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Totally different.

I don't really understand the the obsession some have with having the same gun for all uses.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
GP100 in the nightstand Detective Special as a carry.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same, I change what I carry periodically and usually that is what goes on my night stand

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Totally different.

I don't really understand the the obsession some have with having the same gun for all uses.

Question (Thread title): How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols?
Question (Poll question): How similar are your nightstand pistol and daily carry pistol?
Nowhere did OP say anything about "all" uses. Wink

Btw, while you might have your reasons to choose your guns to suit your situations, others also have their own reasons for their situations. How is that "obsession"? Sounds more to me like you are the one who is obsessed with other folks' choices. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Different.....but same.
My daily carry gun is a P01 and my nightstand gun is a Sig P220. Other than the decockers being in different spots they are essentially the same manual of arms.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W9mmShield for both applications.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Mine are similar in that they are striker fired; VP9 for the nightstand, and P320SC for carry. But for summer, it's usually a 340PD.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC P239 9mm
Nightstand Browning HP 40S&W

Posts: 91 | Location: Dallas \ Ft Worth | Registered: September 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of notarex
posted Hide Post
Winter: Manurhin MR73 for both
Summer: S&W 642 - MR73 stays in the nightstand

Posts: 498 | Location: NH | Registered: August 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night Stand=P229 SAS
EDC=P239 SAS

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
HK P30sk in the nightstand (10+ 1 loaded up with +P 124gr Gold Dots).

CC is my .380 LCP2 or Springfield XDS .45.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night Stand: Sig P229C
Carry: Kahr PM9

Very different guns but both work well for their intended usage.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night stand = G41 w/TLR2
Daily = G19 or G26

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Lately (last few months), my G19 Generation 5 has been filling both roles. It is carried in my R. Grizzle Country Boy OWB holster, and a soon to be delivered Crossbreed Super Tuck. When not carried it resides in my old Pistol Pal gun vault with a five button Simplex lock on my nightstand.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post