SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How similar are your nightstand and CC pistols? Login/Join 
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Totally different. In fact, they're the exact examples the OP gave, a P226 and a G26. Although, I do carry the P226 on occasion.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I carry a P239 in 357 Sig; my nightstand has a P227 and the wife's nightstand has a GP100 in 38 spl

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Glock 41 w TLR on nightstand
Glock 26 Gen4 for carry

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My home defense gun is a Ruger P89 that I shoot really well. I usually carry a G43.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Not even remotely the same, other than caliber. EDC is 99% a 1911 4.25" or 5" and nightstand is an H&K Mark 23 with an Osprey Can and a 5.56 SBR close by.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G34 is usually in the gun vault beside the bed.
Carry gun changes occasionally. G19, beretta centurion, p320 and sometimes the g34 gets carried. I always have my p380 in the pocket as a backup.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I voted "same pistol" - Springfield XDM 9mm - but there are a couple of caveats. One (minor), for nightstand duty it has a light mounted on it where it doesn't for CC. Two, as soon as I get around to picking up a good railed 1911 in .45, that will inherit the WML and become the nightstand gun.

I also usually keep either an AR or a shotgun leaning beside the bed. The pistol is really just in case things happen too fast for me to grab the long gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Expert308,

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
They are the same, because they are the same gun. I don't have a "NIGHT STAND GUN". I take whatever pistol I'm carrying that day, and I snap a light on it. It's usually a 2.0 Compact. Sometimes, if I work late, I just put my Gen5 G17 with light on the table.

^^^ This, without all the Glock stuff. Razz

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night Stand: S&W Governor W/ all 2 1/2" .410 shells (Winchester PDX1)

EDC: Sig P229 /.357 Sig

Donald Robinson

Posts: 7 | Registered: June 22, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Nightstand. Walter ppq 5” with tlr1.

Carry p365x with rmr cc

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I carry a 4.25” 1911 EDC, that’s what’s beside the bed.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I posted before, but since this thread has been resurrected, G17 in the night stand & G19 or G19X carry. Sometimes I'll switch up with a P226 or M11-A1 for carry, but mostly it's the G19.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FNX-45 carry
FNX-45 Tactical with light and sight nightstand
Both with 230gr. jacketed HP

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Staccato C2 to carry and a Staccato P on the nightstand…although they’re both actually on the nightstand at the end of the day.

Aside from size and a 16 round mag vs a 20 round mag in the gun and a Surefire vs. a Streamlight, functionally identical.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What a difference a few years makes. Since I last answered this my carry and hd set up have been re evaluated.
I shoot a 5" M&P in competition, keep the 4.25" with wml on the nightstand and carry the 3.6" compact.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 for EDC. Glock G30 for nighttime home defense.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I may have already said it here... simple...

Sig P239 in 357 sig... by the bed and then four others in various places around the home.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G17 by the bed and a G43 for carry. Close by I have a Benelli. I also keep a S&W .380 Shield in the kitchen.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Same gun.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Ditto - same pistol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post