SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You have to make a shot at 30 feet....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You have to make a shot at 30 feet.... Login/Join 
posted
Perp is holding a gun to your wife's head 30 ft. away in your kitchen in low light conditions. You believe he will kill her. You are armed with a 9mm semi-automatic from your nightstand.

What gun would it be? How confident would you be in the gun and for what reasons?

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends on if my wife pissed me off that day.
It may be a shotgun with 00...
"Oops!" Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you have to make the shot?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starter pistol???

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What gun" is NOT the issue, not even close.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8769 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Which movie is this?

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Non that I know of. My thought was based on the criteria for the FBI hostage team back when they selected the Springfield Custom model. Also, anyone who writes anything has an agenda. Mine, was the idea that someone expressed concerning their carry pistol saying, "they wouldn't be concerned with the size of the groups." Made sense in context, but if it was your wife, conditions weren't ideal, and you had a narrow window, then it becomes more important than number of rounds.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
What is she doing in the kitchen in the middle of the night?

Is she eating my Oreos? Because god help her if she’s eating my damn Oreos again. I told her I was saving those for lunch tomorrow.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the perp is eating your Oreos. Maybe the perp wants your wife? Maybe they both are eating your Oreos. Problem is, you have to make a quick decision. If your first thought is what dating site will I get on first, then your wife is a gone pecan in more ways than one.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nah, I’m safe. I got divorced in order to avoid hypothetical situations like this.

Well that, and the motherfucking Oreos.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Which movie is this?

48 Hours is the first one that came to my mind.

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bureau drawer gun is a SIG.
Of course I can make the shot.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Which movie is this?

I was thinking “Shoot the hostage” from Speed.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
If you can’t make a precise shot at 10 yards your issue isn’t your equipment.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which movie is this?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the "Chack-Chack" speech an option in this scenario?

And how many oreos are left? are they double stuffed?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Knights Armament SR-25 with the scope set on 17 power.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My S&W Model 66 Combat Magnum in single action. I can shoot the Oreo out of her hand at that distance.

Posts: 6632 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Which movie is this?

I was thinking “Shoot the hostage” from Speed.

Beat me to it Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Knights Armament SR-25 with the scope set on 17 power.

Show off

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post