SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No Doubt. Glocks are a different animal. Sigs are special. I have both! Love them

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kurt1305:
I bought a G19. I then accessorized it for no other reason than to antagonize my liberal co-workers with the pictures.

You're doing Gods work, son... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
New- Good luck in your search.

Thanks! Something should show up eventually.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
New- Good luck in your search.

Thanks! Something should show up eventually.

It took me 6 to 7 months to find a decent Gen 2 G19.
I found it on Texas Gun Trader .
Perhaps the Land of Lincoln has a website like that.
Found the Gen 2 G17 at a gun show and traded a Gen 2 G22 for it.
I was very fortunate, both are in great shape..

newtoSig765 I know you want FTF in Ill.
But I've found some pretty good deals on Gunbroker, but my FFL only charges me $15 for inbound transfers.

Hope you find what you need..1LL

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
My wife just bought a 34 . . . Does that count?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
My wife just bought a 34 . . . Does that count?

Only for her...
Time for her to contribute to this thread.... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
BUMP: Because I Miss seeing "You Will buy a GLOCK" On the first page of "SIG-Pistols" it hasn't been there in awhile.

SO I will say it again... Smile

I still like the Glock 19 best.
Goldylocks and the three bears... good "Just Right".
If I'm honest with myself its' prob the best CCW for me.
While I own others...
The G19 could easily be the only handgun I'd own.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

Got this one for $350, back in April, forgot to post it. I love the 2nd Gens. I traded it for a years worth of yard work though. But I still get to shoot it pretty much whenever I want.

This is back in my possession.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ram229
posted Hide Post
+1 on the G19. I posted in this thread before and I will say it again... the G19 is quite possibly the best there is. I know it is for me. All I have done to mine is added some XS Big Dot 24/7 sights. Love it.

Posts: 1188 | Location: CT | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Haven't bought a Glock in a bit--a G21 Gen4 about 5 months ago--but did try to do my part in seeing that three NIB examples found new homes yesterday. Nice to finally have Glocks back in inventory.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I just ordered big dots for my GenIII 19 pictured here with my sons Gen4 19 FDE.
I'm in my mid 50s they should help my old eyes to find the target for CCW... Eek

Sevenplusone... nice GenII still my favorite generation...

Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

It took me 6 to 7 months to find a decent Gen 2 G19.
I found it on Texas Gun Trader .
Perhaps the Land of Lincoln has a website like that.
Found the Gen 2 G17 at a gun show and traded a Gen 2 G22 for it.
I was very fortunate, both are in great shape..

newtoSig765 I know you want FTF in Ill.
But I've found some pretty good deals on Gunbroker, but my FFL only charges me $15 for inbound transfers.

Hope you find what you need..1LL

Nice Gen 2 Glock 17. One of my favorites.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
BUMP: Because I Miss seeing "You Will buy a GLOCK" On the first page of "SIG-Pistols" it hasn't been there in awhile.

SO I will say it again... Smile

I still like the Glock 19 best.
Goldylocks and the three bears... good "Just Right".
If I'm honest with myself its' prob the best CCW for me.
While I own others...

Ditch those finger grooves and I'm all in with your assessment... Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I just ordered big dots for my GenIII 19 pictured here with my sons Gen4 19 FDE.
I'm in my mid 50s they should help my old eyes to find the target for CCW... Eek

Sevenplusone... nice GenII still my favorite generation...

I did install Ameriglo Cap sights on my G30S, and they are OK.
The night sights still have some glow on my Gen 2 G19.
The Gen 2 G17 has steel stock sights.

But I'm looking forward to your input on the Big Dots..
I've thought of using them on several guns the last 5 years but never did try them.

Picture of ram229
posted Hide Post
I have had the Big Dots on my G19 for over a year now. Very quick to get on target and althoug I have heard of that they can be very accurate at long distances I have only brought mine out to about 25 or 30 yards. Very bright in the dark and easy to install yourself.

Posts: 1188 | Location: CT | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BeerManNOLA
posted Hide Post
So I put another hundred rounds through my 19G4 this weekend and it continues to be great. However, I did notice one minor issue. Have any of you experienced "Glock Knuckle" or something similar? The trigger guard bites into my middle finger knuckle and it makes shooting annoying after a while. I was curious if anyone has experienced this and how you corrected it.

Thanks.

Posts: 21 | Location: "The Big Easy", or "The Crescent City", or the more pedestrian "New Orleans, LA" | Registered: July 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeerManNOLA:
So I put another hundred rounds through my 19G4 this weekend and it continues to be great. However, I did notice one minor issue. Have any of you experienced "Glock Knuckle" or something similar? The trigger guard bites into my middle finger knuckle and it makes shooting annoying after a while. I was curious if anyone has experienced this and how you corrected it.

Thanks.

Welcome to the fourm and the YWBAG thread.

I had a Gen 3 G19 that I just couldn't get a comfortable grip on because the finger grooves didn't line up well in my hand.
I had a guy at a gun show undercut the bottom of the trigger guard.
It provided a little more room for your middle finger and allowed a slightly higher grasp on the grip.
It did help a bit, but I ultimately traded that Gen 3 for a WG Sig P226 and went on the search for Gen 2 G19 - no finger grooves.
Took several months but finally found one.

You might look into getting your trigger guard undercut and see if that helps..

Stock...

After the undercut job...

or you could try this... Wink

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1. But only if it had to be. Wink

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BeerManNOLA
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info 1LowLife. I had considered doing something similar if necessary, but only on the right hand edge as that's where the trigger guard is biting me. I also tried a different grip, similar to a golf grip, where my weak hand index finger laces between my trigger finger and the middle finger. This has the effect if pushing down the location of the knuckle that's catching on the trigger guard while still keeping a solid grip, but I haven't tried this enough to see if it's a reliable alternative. I'll give it another shot this weekend and see if I can get away with keeping the frame mod free. If not, I'll start looking for a dremel and correct that polymer as necessary.

Posts: 21 | Location: "The Big Easy", or "The Crescent City", or the more pedestrian "New Orleans, LA" | Registered: July 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
On the big dots. I had em on another gun and liked them just fine
Point of aim was no different groups were the same

The finger grooves of my gen 3 are going to get removed.
That will make it as close to a gen 2 as i can get.
I had a few gen2 19s and liked them except my pinky would get beat up by the
Open front strap. The mag base fix with the additional fill cured that.

Gen 2 in northern ca are hard to find

Still are but I found one look down the thread a bit to see what I found.. today..
Amazing.. just when you think ... ya think.. that was my first problem Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

posted Hide Post
Atlanta PD bought 2,300 Gen 4 G22 Glocks.

Back to GLOCK News / Press Releases >
GLOCK Secures Atlanta Police Department as Newest Law Enforcement Customer
Smyrna, GA — July 17, 2013 —

Department switch to GLOCK marks first pistol manufacturer change in approximately 70 years

Today GLOCK, Inc. announced that the Atlanta Police Department (APD) ordered and started receiving 2,300 GLOCK 22 Generation 4 pistols. The APD is transitioning away from a Mass.-based polymer-framed pistol manufacturer with whom they have had a long-standing relationship, dating back to the 1940s.

The APD’s decision to break their previous 70-plus year pistol relationship and transition to GLOCK pistols is particularly important, based on its conviction that GLOCK is the best pistol for its officers to carry. The APD orchestrated a full year of extensive testing to ultimately choose the GLOCK pistols due to what they considered best-in-class product reliability. By choosing GLOCK, the APD is helping support the local economy and the approximately 400 metro Atlanta residents that are employed by GLOCK.

"We believe GLOCK offers a trusted, superior firearm for our officers," said Atlanta Police Chief George N. Turner. "They are industry leaders, and with headquarters here in Cobb County, we’re expecting superb customer service. Making sure our officers are provided the best equipment possible is in keeping with our mission of creating a safer Atlanta by reducing crime, ensuring the safety of our citizens and building trust in partnership with our communities."

The department-wide transition to GLOCK from the Mass.-based pistol manufacturer has already begun and will continue through April of 2014. The APD Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team has adopted the GLOCK 21 Generation 4 pistol, due to mission-specific requirements for the .45 ACP.

"The long-anticipated transition of APD into GLOCK pistols is a significant win for GLOCK and the APD," shared Josh Dorsey, GLOCK Vice President. "We are very excited to equip our local agency with GLOCK pistols, and anticipate a growing relationship in the future."

GLOCK is the preferred firearm of law enforcement across the United States, with approximately 65 percent of agencies using GLOCK pistols. GLOCK contributes millions of dollars annually to non-profit organizations that support law enforcement and military personnel.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post