SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
For me, this thread could be titled "you will keep buying Glocks!"

My latest, a gen3 G20SF, my first 10mm and an absolute blast!

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

The Glock 20 is perhaps the most controllable 10mm pistol yet developed.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Groovy
posted Hide Post
I had thought that this post was not worth reading until last weekend when I tried a G26 Gen 4 and I think I want one. My last Glock was a 1996 Glock 19 that I sold because I didn't need something that filled the same role as my P228. But now I may have to try the new Glock 26.
I still reserve the right to tell people that I only bought one due to peer pressure.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I once thought the G19 would be the only Glock I'd ever need.
Two months ago a G23 somehow found it's way into my life.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Groovy:
I had thought that this post was not worth reading until last weekend when I tried a G26 Gen 4 and I think I want one. My last Glock was a 1996 Glock 19 that I sold because I didn't need something that filled the same role as my P228. But now I may have to try the new Glock 26.
I still reserve the right to tell people that I only bought one due to peer pressure.

You have stumbled into a very expensive thread. Two years ago, I was satisfied and had all the handguns I would ever need. Arthritis started to worsen and I was already beginning to see issues with DA on my DA/SA Sigs and the thumb safety on my 1911's. I've pretty much stopped shooting DA revolvers.

I now own a Gen4 G34 (2011) and a Gen4 G19 (2013). Great guns and no transition issues. I'll probably be able to shoot them until the day they plant me. Very soft shooters. Forget all the Internet crap about the "problems". The G34 has the original "defective" RSA/ejector. No reliability issues or BTF. Same with new G19. They gobble up ball, +P+ and mid-range reloads. Eject to 3 o'clock in 2 1/2 foot circle.

Hmmm. If I have to sell my 1911's should I get a G30? Nah. With a safe full of 1911's and Sigs why would anybody want to buy a Glock? Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Groovy:
Perfectly acceptable

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Well put 600 rounds through the new Gen4 OD G17 earlier this week when it was bone-stock and another 300 through it today after I switched out the sights and a lighter trigger connector.

Boring and 100% reliable. I experienced absolutely zero cases to the face, so hopefully that issue has been fixed by Glock. My earlier Gen4 17 started ejecting cases to the face after the 700 round mark. Fingers crossed.....

I also added the medium beavertail to it and almost like it better than the naked grip.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Also, I'm not sure I like the new matte finish on the slide. It's not the same as the old phosphate matte finish on my older gen 2 guns, as it seems to wear much quicker. I like the shiny Teflon finish better.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Which connector do you use agony? I just swapped out the Ghost Rocket for a Glock minus connector.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just bought another Glock. Damn it. Damn it all to hell.

I ordered Comp Tac Minotaur Gladiator holster. Hope its worth the price - it came highly recommended.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Which connector do you use agony? I just swapped out the Ghost Rocket for a Glock minus connector.

Yeah, I've been less than pleased with the Ghost connectors that I've used over the past couple years.

My primary carry Gen2 G19 and Gen3 26 have the OEM (-) connector which has worked great for hundreds of thousands of rounds without a hiccup.

My gamer G34 and G17 have the Ghost Rockets with the user adjustable reset and Glockworx reduced spring kits. Very light pull and super short reset, but earlier this month during a 3-gun match my 34 failed to reset a couple times. It kinda scared me, so I just put the OEM (-) 3.5# connectors back in to both of them.

This new OD G17 has a Glockworx V4 2# connector with the stock spring set. It feels really close to the (-) connector, but doesn't have as loud a reset although the click feels the same as well as the length.

I think in the end, I'll eventually put the plain old (-) connectors in all my Glocks and leave the OEM springs in too. That way they all feel the same.

posted Hide Post
I just put in a NY1 trigger spring in and kept the OEM connector. Took all of 2 minutes - another reason to like glocks. Although I have yet to shoot it, I do like the trigger after dry firing for a while. Hope to get to the range soon. This is a carry gun.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19. I then accessorized it for no other reason than to antagonize my liberal co-workers with the pictures.

Posts: 49 | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You will buy a Glock..."

I will TRY to buy a Glock...

I've had a WTB ad for a Glock 23 Gen 3 or 4 running in the Classifieds for a while with no response, no doubt because I want to buy FTF in Illinois. I'm trying real hard to avoid things like sales tax, dealer fees and shipping costs, because money has been real tight for me.

So far, no luck.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just be patient. It took me about 4 months of casual looking followed by 2 months of dedicated searching to locate a G19 Gen 2 that wasn't either beat to hell or grossly overpriced.

You might also see if there are any Illinois-specific gun forums out there, as that might help you target your WTB ad to folks in your state. And if you haven't already, post a WTB ad on the Illinois section of Armslist.com.

You can also search on Gunbroker for sellers located in IL.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeattleDude
posted Hide Post
Yup, I gave in.

After 12 years since I shot last Glock, I have decided to give it another try.

I bought G19 Gen4 and let me tell you, it has improved a ton. It feels much better in my hand and it shoots very well too.

I just ordered a set of Trijicons for it to replace stupid plastic sights.

I think this one is a keeper.

Posts: 611 | Location: W.WA | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue -

Thanks for the encouragement. For now, I'm sticking to SigForum, but I'll probably sign up at Glock Talk. It's a matter of trust as much as anything. We all know how tight a ship Para runs, and I'm not comfortable outside the forum.

A member sent me a link to a listing on Armslist, but the listing seemed somewhat vague (don't know a better way to put it) so I passed.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NewtoSig - there's one in Dallas at a local shop. Email me if you want the location.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sugarwater:
NewtoSig - there's one in Dallas at a local shop. Email me if you want the location.

As stated, he's looking for a FTF deal in Illinois, to avoid sales tax, shipping, and transfer fees.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, saw that, was stating it just in case it peaked his interest. I have no gain in it.

New- Good luck in your search.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post