SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Yesterday, I picked up a 43 for my oldest on her 22nd birthday. She went out of state to spend the day with her boyfriend (kid actually has a good job in Georgia) and I came to realize she needed one of her own.

Here at the house she has access to mine in the safe etc. She is trained and we go to the range (not as much as dad would like).

So yesterday, a 43 followed me home, a box of ammo for practice, box of carry load, and a coupon for a range day with dad Smile
^^^^^^ Good birthday present.... By the way you can adopt me and my birthday is next friday the 26th. ..................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Congrats...

Love 'em or hate 'em, I feel every collection should have at least one Glock in it..

Thanks!

I've got a health problem I'm working on, if I can get it taken care of, my next move is a Concealed Carry Permit.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm, I don't mean to interrupt the party, but I have a question about plastic holsters.

Do they mar the finish on a pistol, or protect it like leather does? I don't want to mess up my new G-19.

Specifically, I'm looking at the Blackhawk Serpa. If anybody is using one, how close to the body does it hold the gun?

Thanks for any info I can get.

And by the way, Glocks don't need breaking in. I wiped mine down, lubed it very lightly, loaded it and put it on the nightstand until I can get to the range where I'm expecting Glock Perfection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newtoSig765,

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you carry any kind of Glock in a Serpa. Just the opposite. The Serpa is a shit design, but especially when combined with a Glock, I wouldn't feel safe about it, especially if you're drawing in a hurry. I can't believe they're still making that piece of shit, honestly.

I have carried Glocks in a variety of holsters. I think wear on the muzzle end of the slide is going to happen especially with kydex unless it's the really smoothed texture. Anymore, I carry mine with Stealthgear holsters - very comfortable and they don't wear on the pistol that I've noticed.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you carry any kind of Glock in a Serpa. Just the opposite. The Serpa is a shit design, but especially when combined with a Glock...

Thanks. I was afraid of that, as low-priced as they are. Strange that it is the FBI issue holster for the 17 and 19.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
I just picked up a new 45 today with the Ameri-glos, haven’t had a chance to hit the range yet with it, hopefully Sunday. I’ve always had 19s (probably 20 over the years) was never a fan of the 17 grip size but I really like the gen 5 style without the finger grooves. It feels great in hand, hopefully it’ll preform at the range like my 19s

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I shot the 43X yesterday and right out of the box it shoots point of aim at 30 yards.

I think I'll keep it.

I think I want the 19X now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.
My range gun is a Glock.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The FBI originally did issue SERPAs. Now, the FBI has banned them.

quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
I don't think anyone here is going to recommend you carry any kind of Glock in a Serpa. Just the opposite. The Serpa is a shit design, but especially when combined with a Glock...

Thanks. I was afraid of that, as low-priced as they are. Strange that it is the FBI issue holster for the 17 and 19.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
The FBI originally did issue SERPAs. Now, the FBI has banned them.

quote:
quote:

Yep. ^^^
The "problem" with the Serpa is the release button for the holster and the way the finger aligns to the trigger as the gun is being drawn out of the holster. The trigger finger almost "slaps" the trigger. A little more problematic on a single action.

The FBI is issuing a Safariland ALS holster. The agents can change to something different after the academy, but need to qualify with that holster.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I thought they were issuing the ALS but wasn’t certain.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I thought they were issuing the ALS but wasn’t certain.

They are. Matter of fact, I think that the Serpa is not allowed in the DOJ.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
We got new Gen 5's a couple of weeks ago at work. They traded our Gen 4's toward them ($250.00 credit) and the vendor allowed us to buy our issued pistol back for $300.00 (NS, three mags, Tupperware box). I jumped on my G17, but believe it or not, a few people in the office didn't buy theirs. I asked if I could buy more than one but was told no.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the Serpa, guys! I was not aware the FBI had banned them, but after viewing a couple videos on htem, it makes sense.

I also looked at the ALS, and it seems to be too bulky for concealed carry.

I may have to stick with leather and pay the higher price.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The ALS is a great retention system and very easy to use.
There are lots of modular parts to create the right holster for you.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also looked at the ALS, and it seems to be too bulky for concealed carry.

Yeah, the ALS is a rather bulky holster for concealed carry, unless you're wearing a Parka. It's made more for a range holster/duty holster.

OWB / Belt holster that you can conceal easily? Leather isn't bad, but don't rule out Kydex. There's more than a few OWB holsters that you can conceal easily:

https://www.highnoonholsters.c...ex-holsters/baseline

https://blackpointtactical.com...tandard-owb-holster/

IWB? My first choice for that is Kydex!

Is it going to mar or scratch the finish? Over time, Yes- unless the Kydex is lined with something like leather or felt. However, leather over time is going to wear on the finish of a gun too. Leather also retains moisture, so don't store your gun long-term in a leather holster.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check out Stealthgear.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Umm, I don't mean to interrupt the party, but I have a question about plastic holsters.

Do they mar the finish on a pistol, or protect it like leather does? I don't want to mess up my new G-19.

I carried a G19 in a IWB kydex holster for about five years. Yes it will wear the Glock finish. I’ve recently switched to a G43x and use another IWB kydex holster and expect it to wear the finish in a few years.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland says the ALS won't mar the finish because of its lining. I'm trying to navigate their website to see about mounting options to carry flat-up against the body, but their website's a bitch for my old "computer" (my old brain, really).

I really appreciate all the suggestions!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Safariland's website is straight-up garbage. They're known for it.