SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The FBI?? Eek

OK, yeah, that makes sense, since the FBI is using the G17M and G19M, which are, of course, gen 5 pistols.

So, I guess Timney won't be responding to my query Big Grin

I'm glad to hear this trigger is manufactured by Glock. I imagine production for it is stateside at the Smyrna facility.

That being the case, how do we account for this?:

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
I'm also wondering how the timneytrigger name is on the specs for the Glock trigger. ??

Watching the Mr. J. Glock video that Para posted , starting about the 8 minute mark, JG goes into some detail about both the Timney and Glock trigger and how both sort of operate the same ,but to me , some major differences in how the operation happens.
1. the hook over the trigger bar cross bar on the Glock not on the Timney.
2. the trigger return springs are totally different in style and operating positions.

I would be surprised if Timney had anything to do with the design or mfg. of the Glock trigger.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That screenshot came from GT. As we all know, they always get it right. Razz

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I saw that too and was wondering about the Timney connection.

But I have used TXPO's posts in the past to get stuff past administration and when I told them this is a Glock factory part, I got approval to install it in my duty gun.

It was much easier than getting permission to install the Kagwerks lever. I had to make videos of my grip interfering with the gun during classes just to get approval.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like my admin. I asked for a while to install a Grip Force beavertail backstrap on my issued Gen 3 Glock, because the web of my hand was getting chewed up every time I went to the range. Nope, no can do. Just suck it up and deal with the blood.

It wasn't until the Gen 4 factory backstraps came out that they relented. Turns out using the rear pin to hold a plastic beavertail in place wasn't, in fact, a terrible idea that was going to get me killed. Big Grin

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, TXPO's word is gold. Designed by Glock with input from a federal law enforcement agency. The screenshot? Just one of life's mysteries.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Part2 of J Glocks trigger review

[I][/I]

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thank you.

However- at the 18:20 mark Roll Eyes Youtube no longer allows showing removing a slide from a frame? Roll Eyes

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There are tons of firearm disassembly videos on YouTube, and new ones being posted daily by folks like ForgottenWeapons.

(Also notice how Johnny Glock himself gives the camera guy who makes that claim a bit of a blank stare and a noncommittal "K..." after he says that. Almost like: "I don't think that's accurate, but let's move on.")

The only restrictions YouTube's firearms policy has on showing firearm disassembly/reassembly is they prohibit videos showing how to install parts or accessories that convert a gun to full auto or simulate full auto fire:
https://support.google.com/you...answer/7667605?hl=en

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So this trigger brings a question up in my head. For years most PD’s would only authorize “DAO” strikers (ala Glock technically) when did the change occur where that GENERAL idea fell by the wayside and guns like the 320 for example, were allowed?

This new Glock trigger got me thinking about this being fully tensioned “SAO”.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Im missing something, or my eyesight is off...

It's pretty much the norm for people wanting to improve the Glock Trigger is to polish it, Correct? How may times have we talked about the $.50 trigger job?

Looking at the "Performance Trigger" picture on The Glock Store, Brownells, and in the videos posted by Johnny Glock, it doesn't look like it's polished at all. Hell, at least smooth up where the trigger bar and connector meet.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eight more posts and this thread with reach 11K. Other than the new performance trigger, any word of something coming down the pike from Glock at SHOT?

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Nothing new. Just the trigger and everything they released a couple months ago.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Crossing my fingers that they're working on something, just waiting for the right moment after SHOT is old news.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Eight more posts and this thread with reach 11K. Other than the new performance trigger, any word of something coming down the pike from Glock at SHOT?

The latest announcements were:

A) The Gen 5 G20/G21,
B) The Performance Trigger, and
C) The commercial release of the G47 and resulting discontinuation of the Gen 5 G17 MOS

See https://us.glock.com/en/press-...expanding-perfection

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Rogue. Life has been in a flurry lately, so I lost track of much beyond the Gen 5 20/21 release and the trigger. Digging the G47, but I have a Gen 5 G17 MOS already.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, my.

A slight modification to the trigger housing of the GPT and...

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
ordered direct from Glock on the 16th. No email from Glock, but got an email from Fedex something is coming from Georgia so I'm assuming it's the trigger.

My duty frame is out with TXPO for some grip work.

If I like it, I'm going to get one and try it in my gen3 32.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Stuck it in my personal Glock 45 and dry firing. I'm used to it already, only blew through the wall twice. Will put some live fire in it tonight. My Wheeler says 5lbs. I ordered another one from Primary Arms to put in my duty gun.

Not minority enough!

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Anyone else want a G47 complete upper to swap into a G45 or Gen 5 G19?
That would make for some great modularity.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post