SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of arturius
posted Hide Post
Apologies Brother Wink
No sullying of name intended!

Experience is the teacher of all things.
Julius Caesar

Posts: 840 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, you were right once again. I drunk the kool-aid and bought a glock 26 with night sights.

Posts: 425 | Location: TX | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted Hide Post
Fugly, really??? I cannot be the only one who thinks that Glocks are very elegant, simple. No flash, no extra lines, not a bilboard.

The straight lines make it look very clean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crni4:
Fugly, really??? I cannot be the only one who thinks that Glocks are very elegant, simple. No flash, no extra lines, not a bilboard.

The straight lines make it look very clean.

I agree 100%.. I think the simpleness is what drew me to them in the first place.

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Got a failzero g17 recently.....really, really like it...

Store where I work got a failzero g19 in today....I see that in my future...

Only thing that may stop that is if there is a failzero g26 on the way...talo said there would be 5 total failzero models so I have hope

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
I'am starting to get the urge to get Glock in 10mm. Guess the 29SF will be next. Will make a nice camping gun

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
I don't find Glocks ugly at all. I actually like the "all business" look.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I rented 3 pistols at the gun range a couple years ago, all in .45ACP, as I never really had any experience shooting that calibre. The guns were a brand new S&W 1911, a Ruger P-something, IIRC - a full-sized .45, and a Glock subcompact. Can't remember the number.

Of all three guns, I shot the baby Glock the best. I drilled my first two shots dead center, and had to stare at it for a bit before my eyes would believe it. Funny how I shot a subcompact better than two full-sized guns.

That being said, I do think they are ugly (but I think A-10s are beautiful airplanes, too - to each his own). If I ever 'go plastic', I will probably get an XD or H&K Subbie... They are good weapons, though. I just like the aesthetics of the XD & HK better...

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
Hounddog's Glock/A-10 comparison provokes a thought: if the A-10 flies like the Glock shoots, I'd prefer the Warthog over the most beautiful plane made -- which the A-10 ain't.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
There are just a few simple observations to be made about a Glock handgun and they were posted early on. For those who keep hitting this thread, I think there is a Glock forum out there somewhere. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to unsubscribe from this dog...

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe he's referring to the thread and not the forum. sse, I've deleted your subscription to this thread.

Posts: 107733 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
sse, it's called "Stop sending this notification."

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
As an old pilot, I remember the V-tail Bonanza when it was first introduced in the late '40s. It was dubbed one of the 10 most beautiful inventions of the year. Still is, in my book.

Picture of mr-mom
posted Hide Post
One can teach an old dog new tricks.
Age = 70
Handguns = Sig, H&K & Kimber
Haven't touched one of them in the two months since
I bought my first Glock, a G19. There's nothing wrong
with an ugly gal that puts out when you want, how you
want, and doesn't bitch!!
mr-mom

"Put your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark." Lazarus Long - TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE

Posts: 9 | Location: Minnesota Lake Country | Registered: December 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pantera1994
posted Hide Post
I agree with mr-mom. Glocks may not be the most aesthetically pleasing handguns to look at, but they are simple, tough, and just plain work. I'll never be without a few in my collection.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brokerexecs
posted Hide Post
I didn't like Glock for a while until I decided to see what all the noise was about. Funny thing it's, it was this forum thread that sparked my interest. I own a glock 17 gen 4 and will soon purchase a gen 4 31.

13Bravo-Field Artillery
1/158 IN. D. CO
Army 07-08'-Afghanistan
MK-19 Grenade Launcher

"SIG will be replacing its company slogan from "To hell and back reliability" and "Reliability. First time, every time" to "Life is like a box of chocolates..." -Ghostrider_RSA

Posts: 170 | Location: Arizona | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr-mom:
One can teach an old dog new tricks.
Age = 70
Handguns = Sig, H&K & Kimber
Haven't touched one of them in the two months since
I bought my first Glock, a G19. There's nothing wrong
with an ugly gal that puts out when you want, how you
want, and doesn't bitch!!
mr-mom

Welcome to Sigforum mr-mom!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4836 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
This thread is awesome! Glock's seem to bring out the best and worst in gun people..

Then once "those" ppl realize that glock's are great, its sweet revenge..lol

We need our own sub-forum on this sight....(dont ban me bro!)

G21SF is my next purchase.. Hopefully by the end of next week..

I handled one today and It was only slightly fatter than my G22. I owned a G20 a few years ago and stupidly sold it, but this new SF frame is a great improvement, and still an option.

Glock's do it all for ME.. All sizes and all calibers.. All the same, which is a good thing.. to me, that is.. + I can buy as many as I can hide, they all look the same to my wife too...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dirknar,

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brokerexecs
posted Hide Post
My next buy will be a glock 31 gen 4. There are a couple on gun broker for 550 +/-.

13Bravo-Field Artillery
1/158 IN. D. CO
Army 07-08'-Afghanistan
MK-19 Grenade Launcher

"SIG will be replacing its company slogan from "To hell and back reliability" and "Reliability. First time, every time" to "Life is like a box of chocolates..." -Ghostrider_RSA

Posts: 170 | Location: Arizona | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G23 love it. great for shooting at range and cc

Also you can make it a 357 sig or 9 mm

air assault

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post