SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 564
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Glocks just aren't for everyone.
True, true.

You'll end up with one anyway.

More than likely several.

Buying one Glock is like eating only one potato chip.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Hey has anyone bought the 41 lately?

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

1KPerDay has one, IIRC.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, over 1500 rounds and no failures. Get one.

Last one in the row.

quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:

Posts: 1026 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G19 was my first pistol, Traded it straight up for a W.German 220. Thats when I realized what a trigger should feel like. I have pre ban magazines for my state so every few years I buy another Glock for my mags, take it out shooting and sell it shortly after. I don't know if the cycle will ever end.

Posts: 7 | Location: SoCal | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buying one Glock is like eating only one potato chip

That I can understand. Only with me it's M&P's. (I'm up to seven)
Almost that bad with Colt 1911's too!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 710 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might be putting your pity in the wrong place. I don't like Glocks because I don't like the way they fit my hand. I don't like Glocks because they are unappealing to me. I don't like Glocks because I believe there are better handguns out there for my needs.
This might suprise you as well. I don't & have never owned a Sig handgun!(I have their rifles though) Put that in your chicken & cluck it! Big Grin I've fired many over the years but like other firearms of that design, I never cozied up to the DA/SA trigger system. I can shoot them well, just don't like them. Like Glocks they are great handguns but unlike Glocks they are pleasing to the eye.
Perhaps the fool you pity might be looking back at you from your mirror.
There's something for everyone. Glocks just aren't for everyone.

Have you ever SHOT one?
A Glock that is...
If you've read thru the 311 pages of this thread, you'll find many that bitched about the grip angle and such of the Glock, found they shoot Glocks better than other beloved handguns..
It happens and has been thoroughly documented in this very thread you've posted in... Eek

quote:
That I can understand. Only with me it's M&P's. (I'm up to seven)
Almost that bad with Colt 1911's too!

Oh OK, you're an M&P guy....
You like gussied up Sigma pistols...
I'm glad that works out for you... Wink
Yet I still pity you, perhaps even more now.. Roll Eyes

Sigma, the Glock wannabe..
S&W Military & Police pistol, even more of a Glock wannabe..
How many military and police agencies adopted the M&P?
How many use Glocks?
Oh snap.....

Whatever works for you is fuckin' A with me Bro...
But why bother posting here if you haven't bought your Glock yet?

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Fan-boi's... they're like yelling at a cloud. Eventually it'll go away but another one will always come along. Enjoy your glock, your opinion & the last word.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 710 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Enjoy your glock, your opinion & the last word.
So, you're saying you think you'll get a G19 first?

I think that's a great choice.

Posts: 108117 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
This weekend I plan on buying a G20SF or G20gen4. I wonder why Glock doesn't put the extended slide release on the 41 from the factory.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fan-boi's... they're like yelling at a cloud. Eventually it'll go away but another one will always come along. Enjoy your glock, your opinion & the last word.

It isn't about being a fan-boi, I've never been a Glock or fuck you kinda guy.
But you're the only that posted in a 'you will buy a Glock' thread..
I cherish my West German Sigs too.
But being anti Sig, that but makes me a Sig fan-boi in your eyes.
Which is it, Glock fan-boi or Sig-fan-boi?

It isn't about getting the last word.
I'm happy that your seven Sigmas meet you needs..
Hell for some a Hipoint may be their weapon of choice.
I say good for them, like I stated good for you..
Although I find it unfortunate that many say an M&P needs Apex parts to make an acceptable trigger.
Much like the XD line needs a Springer or PRP kit to take the sponginess and slop out it's trigger, been there and done that.
I like good a stock trigger with a decent reset out of the box.
One can do a 25 cent trigger job if they want, that cleans that stock trigger up a bit.
So does running a few hundred rounds thru it, much like any firearm.
But you don't need to start replacing parts, even thought they are under $20, to make an acceptable trigger...

But please be so kind to break your self imposed code of silence and answer the question.....
HAVE YOU EVER SHOT A GLOCK?
Or are you one of those that picked one up, had memories of reading all the things us fan-bois rave about them, and put it back down in disgust?
I find it odd how many people people dislike Glock pistols only because of those that do like them..

Please feel free to retort, I won't think any less of you for breaking your vow of silence.. Wink

Posts: 4387 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wassa "fan-boi"? I don't bother with fancy accessories for my Glocks, so I don't know nothin' 'bout it.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Wassa "fan-boi"? I don't bother with fancy accessories for my Glocks, so I don't know nothin' 'bout it.

Apparently me and anyone else that has a positive thing to say about a Glock pistol.... Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I should be insulted? Well, I forgive him, as long as he posts pics of his new G19.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Have you ever SHOT one?
A Glock that is...
If you've read thru the 311 pages of this thread, you'll find many that bitched about the grip angle and such of the Glock, found they shoot Glocks better than other beloved handguns..
It happens and has been thoroughly documented in this very thread you've posted in... Eek

Yep, I'm an example and had to eat some crow and apologize prior.

The beaver tails changed things for me and my opinion of Glocks as well as sticking to 9mm in them and foregoing 40sw. I didn't like the Glock fan-bios either but given the state of the current Sig Sauer I understand why they like them so much.

My last 2 Sig pistols had to go back to the mfr. one was fixed with smith work, the other had to be replaced, and that took a heap of effort to get them to do right. The Glocks otoh, go bang bang, dry, wet, with any ammo. They also are are less expensive, and the mag prices are fucking killer. Changing triggers from serrated to non-serrated, I think I paid $10 or $12. Sig charges double for that or more if you want to get rid of their short trigger. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The biggest benefit is being able to go subcompact, compact, and full size, all light weight, all same controls. Accessories out the ass, holsters out the ass. And when deciding on a new platform to migrate to, was too hard to ignore. The other mfr I wanted to buy from (HK) just didn't have the access available that I'm accustomed to.

Again, beaver tails changed that pesky grip angle thang for me. YMMV.

Para should be getting a check from them Wink

I did stand in awe just two weeks ago when I shot a 26 from 25-30 yards, aiming at a piece of 2-3" PVC and started seeing pieces of plastic fly off from hits on the first magazine. I'm sold on them and sold all other pistols I owned. My story is a lesson in never saying never. I was a diehard, card carrying Sig Sauer DA/SA .357sig aficionado for twenty years.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12739 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my epic pistol journey I keep circling back to Glock. Get attached to something new or different for a while but the Glock is always lurking in the shadows and waiting. They just plain work and shoot very well. I always liked the way a Glock looks: cold and menacing, all business. Some say a Glock has no soul. It does but it is a dark one.

Darth Sarge

HK, Glock, Walther and SIG are my choice in handguns.
Weapon Shield CLP for all pistol care.
It is a hell of a lot easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the morgue...

Posts: 4405 | Location: Pgh, Pa. USA | Registered: April 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Sarge:
I always liked the way a Glock looks: cold and menacing, all business. Some say a Glock has no soul. It does but it is a dark one.

Darth Sarge

Helped by Hollywood. Ever notice that all the BG's carry Glocks now? Cold. practical and efficient works for me, too.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9226 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I am a Sig fan boy, yet eventually I too bought a Glock, a G20.

May the Sauer forgive me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17495 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now shows like The Following, Person of Interest and Intelligence have the FBI, NYPD and "federal agent" characters carrying them as well. Their product placement has become prominent (or so it seems).

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I am a Sig fan boy, yet eventually I too bought a Glock, a G20.

May the Sauer forgive me.

This describes me...a Sig fan boy who buys Glocks Smile

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post