SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Or like me you'll buy a Glock 23 and eventually sell it because you find you shoot 1911's a whole lot better. A few years later you'll buy a Glock 17 that jams on you multiple times with factory magazines and ammunition that works perfectly through your Berettas and end up trading it straight-up for a Beretta 950BS that's worth about half the Glock. No biggie because you never shot the 17 very well anyway and the Beretta hasn't really left your pocket since the day you owned it.

(Glocks are excellent guns or they wouldn't be as popular as they are. They are NOT for me.)

Posts: 178 | Location: SoCal | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only if it is sold at 75% or more discount. Owned a 23 for 6 weeks, swapped it for a Springfield 1911....Fired a Glock .45 this week, 6 inch group at 20 yds. Fired Kimber right after and fired 3 inch group...Why would I want a Glock?

I carry because I am too old to fight

Posts: 16 | Location: southern WV | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SP20
posted Hide Post
I never really liked glocks, didn't spend much time looking or researching them. That is until I decided I wanted a 10MM. Long story short the G20 seemed to be the 10 I should get and a few days ago I found one. Got it home and disassembled it, etc, etc and kept thinking I really didn't like the grip. Today I pulled it out of the safe and found that the grip wasn't as bad as I thought. Soon as I can find some ammo I'll get it to the range. Soooo, is it a get married first and then fall in love kind of thing? Big Grin

Rob

Posts: 445 | Location: Eagle County, Co | Registered: March 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
In the realm of Tactical Tupperware I have:

I still want them to make a single stack compact .40 & 9mm

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
I pick up my newly issued GLOCK 22 in the morning.

(We'll see.)

At least, I didn't have to buy it.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vellcrow
posted Hide Post
A Glock 17 was my first handgun back in '91.

A Glock 19 is my current, and last, handgun.

Yes, I have come full circle in 18 years.

------------------------------
"Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

Posts: 504 | Location: Manor, TX | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
I have a 17 and a 19.

Love affair? Nope.
Late night fondling sessions? Nope.
Anything wrong w/ them? Nope.
Will I hold onto them forever? Nope.

I have absolutely nothing against Glocks, it's just that I like my other options a lot more.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Maybe. Here's why. I have to repeat what others have said- it doesn't fit my hand. I don't mean "feel" or anything like that. I mean literally "fit." Hell, my litle finger hangs 1/3rd off of the mag baseplate of full size 220s so we are talking meat-hooks here. And those finger grooves are too little for my sausage-fingers. Now MAYBE if I found a babied Gen-I or decided I have enough box-stock stuff to get custom work done (then a Gen 2-3 sent off to Robar, for example, may work...)

Other than that, what's to hate about a hunk of steel and plastic that makes boom when you want it to?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh...

You will buy a Glock...

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I'm not the hugest fan of the .40 cals as the trigger backlash gets pretty uncomfortable for me after a few mags. If I worked at it diligently, I could probably get past it.

But I consider the G19 to probably be tied with the 228 is the all-around top service pistol choice where concealment may be an issue, but where you need more than a pocket gun. The G19's size/weight to power ratio is great, reliable, portable, etc etc etc.

I like 1911's and P220/226/228's, but probably my top choice serious use/hostile enviro handgun would be a Glock 34. It never hiccups, it shoots straight, has excellent capacity, I'll be surprised if it doesn't easily last 75K+ rds, toughest finish, it's comparatively inexpensive, easy to maintain, and it came that way out of the box (only an upgrade in decent sights is really necessary). And I can shoot it accurately at speed than just about anything else. That Sevigney guy might be onto something (tho, I know he can probably clean house with a crossman pump pellet pistol).

If .357 SIG ammo was cheaper, I'd be really interested in trying a G35 w/ conversion barrel (and see how the trigger feels). That could well be the ultimate full size duty gun.

That being said, the G's will never replace my SIGs, especially the stainless models.

BOSS

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Had a G26, carried it for over 10 years.
Bought an XD9sc and sold the Glock.
Mostly for the grip angle.
The Glock grip angle isn't comfortable in my hand... Frown
But the XD9sc is now a night stand gun.
I carry my P239, P229, or LCP..
Sometimes all three at once.......... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I have a 17 for IDPA/IPSC and a 19 for carry and love them both. Nothing will replace my Sigs though!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I bought an XD45. That's as close as I expect to get to a Glock. I'm not the bandwagon type.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh...

You will buy a Glock...

I have to say, your 10mm brainwashing is proving more effective on me. Although THAT seems to lead to a SW 610 AND a Glock. WinkDamnit. I think you got me.
But sigfreund has me Jonesin' for a 357SIG.
Damnit.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
I used to sleep next to my Glock...

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1737 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock.

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh...

You will buy a Glock...

So I am guessing you are about to start Glockforums.com? Big Grin

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be a Glock-only owner/shooter. About four months ago I "discovered" Sigs. I now own three Smile

I've had the following Glocks at one time or another: 17/17L/19/22/23/35 (Gen 1/2/3). Wish I would have kept the Gen 1's, but I kind of cycled through the various models. I currently still have a 17/19 (Gen 3) which I don't think I'll get rid of.

They fit my hands well enough and I'm pretty darn accurate with them. Besides that I'm happy to say (as any gun owner would be of any gun(s)) that they have all been 100% out-the-box all the time. Cleaned some religiously and others whenever I felt like it (and that didn't include lubricating them either). Still 100%. Pretty impressive I think.

I used to LOVE them, still do to some degree, but now owning three Sigs (and wanting more), I can see definitively where I want my collection to go (and that's UP of course) Smile

P228 (KF), P226 Navy, P226 Combat TB, P220 Carry

Posts: 300 | Location: Seattle | Registered: December 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
My G32 in .357 Sig: I hereby dub thee "Zombie Slayer!"

"comfortable grip".... My Glock came with a free easy chair!

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Whenever I get the urge to buy a glock all I have to do is shoot one and the urge goes away.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

----
My Glock is green, should I see a doctor about that?

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post