SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought another Glock, a Gen5 Glock 17 this time. I'm still not a fan of the forward serrations but oh well.

I just need to put some Ameriglo Agents on it and start ordering new holsters!

Waited a hour in line to get into the store and then another 45 minutes to fill out the paperwork and run the background check. With my GSSF coupon, it was $435 OTD.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
^^^

What store has an hour wait to get in the door?

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Keith's, one employee per customer in the store.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
^^^

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prior to my signing on with SF, I was Glockless. And happy.
Now: G19 G23 G48 G26. And happier.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

I have to agree. They should be called the "Rabbit Gun", as they seem to multiply like rabbits.

Really?
Even more so than Sigs? How many Glocks do you have?

I have a 220, 239 x 2 (9mm, .40 & .357 sig barrels), M11 A-1, P6, 229 (.40 & .357 barrels, and yet I need more:
-220 in 10mm
-1911 caliber TBD
-And a few others for future yet to be established desires

I had a P220 and three P229's. I now have no SIGs and have a Gen 1 17, two Gen 2 19's, a Gen 4 19, and a G42. I had a Gen 3 RTF2 G22 and a Gen 3 RTF2 19 LAV in poop brown. I still want to snag a G48 and a G45, may pick which Gen 2 19 I like better and try to turn the other one into one of these. Glocks multiply more easily than Sigs for me, by far.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:
^^^

What's reasoning behind that? Thefts or one on one customer service?

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
China virus.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

quote:
^^^

What's reasoning behind that? Thefts or one on one customer service?

posted Hide Post
I've driven by many times and seen the line out and around the building at Keith's, but I didn't know it was ONE person in at a time. Wow.

You know, I'm a huge fan of Oregon Rifleworks over in Tigard. Nowhere near me, but one heck of a great store. Same with Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply on McLaughlin in Milwaulkie. Those are my tied-for-#1 stores in the area.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a gen4 g34 last week. Looking forward to getting out to shoot it.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Wow, didn't realize places were still locked down like that. Other than face diapers, it's pretty much business as usual here (Roseburg).

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine bought a new Gen4 G22 40S&W at Academy Sports for $599+ tax, and a Winchester value pack (100rnds) of 165grain, its still in the box & unfired, 3-15 round mags, back straps and everything else it comes with.

He wants $600 for the gun & ammo ... is it worth it?

TIA

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Buddy of mine bought a new Gen4 G22 40S&W at Academy Sports for $599+ tax, and a Winchester value pack (100rnds) of 165grain, its still in the box & unfired, 3-15 round mags, back straps and everything else it comes with.

He wants $600 for the gun & ammo ... is it worth it?

TIA

Why is he selling it?
Does it have night sights?

If you're wanting a finger grooved Gen 4 G22 I'd say yes it is worth it.
Being I don't care for 40, only advantage I can see buying a G31 barrel for and running 357sig thru it.

If you already have a gun that runs 40, that G22 isn't a bad price, with the ammo, in this market.
If you don't already have a 40, its a bad time to get into needing another caliber of ammo to buy.
1 box of 40 WWB 100 pak ammo alone seems to be running $75 or more online..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newshawk
posted Hide Post
I finally bought a Glock...the only thing is, it's made in Brazil and says Taurus G2c on the side! Roll Eyes

* Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands.

Jeff Cooper, LtCol, USMC, 1920-2006

Posts: 58 | Location: Green Country, OK | Registered: April 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newshawk:
I finally bought a Glock...the only thing is, it's made in Brazil and says Taurus G2c on the side! Roll Eyes

My condolences.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
ordered a 43X MOS for myself, up to 6 months. Ordered two 43X guns for work, up to 12 weeks.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Chowser, What’s the purpose of the two 43X’s at work?

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
Chowser, What’s the purpose of the two 43X’s at work?

SIGH. I was against it, but the chief made me order them for our prosecutor and mayor/safety director.

I'm not sure how he's justifying it but he's the chief.

When they come in, I'm just going to hand them to him (on bodycam) and walk away. Mad

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a peanut butter G19x. My daughter said, “That’s not a Glock.”

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Looks like I just bought one of those too.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post