SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Since they're still listed as available according to Glock's website, I've been assuming they were still in production. Have they stopped making Gen 3's?

No. They're very popular.

Especially in CA, where a gen3 Glock is basically the only Glock we can buy new.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
So I guess Glock decided nothing new for this year? That's a disappointment. They must have a big inventory of Gen 4s to get rid of before they introduce the Gen 5s that most people are hoping will have notable improvements on. Heck, I'm still seeing new Gen 3 pistols for sale. Eek

How much more can they improve on Perfection?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
For starters, better more durable finish, no BTF, and no finger grooves. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't know why everyone expects to see a Gen 5 in the short tetm (let's say 2-3 years.) They already said they weren't putting the M versions (new FBI spec) into general civilian distribution.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed... it's the Gen II See my post above.
Wink

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Dun did it. Shiny new gen4 g21.

Matter of time now before the next one follows me home.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I guess Glock decided nothing new for this year? That's a disappointment. They must have a big inventory of Gen 4s to get rid of before they introduce the Gen 5s that most people are hoping will have notable improvements on. Heck, I'm still seeing new Gen 3 pistols for sale. Eek

Gen3s won't disappear anytime soon, unless the evil locales (re: California) ban them outright. Meanwhile the rest of us can continue to enjoy them as well. As for the anticipated Gen5/4.5/whatever...Glock tends to operate on its own timetable and is not a slave to teases on the show circuit. When it's ready they will let us know...and we'll have them go live shortly thereafter.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:

Agreed... it's the Gen II See my post above.
Wink

My 20+ year old G19 is still completely original, including the recoil spring. Smile

I like what the Gen 4s offer overall including the grip texture but they just have too many little nit picks against them for me to invest in a G17 or G34 right now.

It's ok if Glock takes a little time to release the Gen 5, but it seems a little bizarre to me that they have people showing huge interest in the "M" style pistols but have no plan to release them to the public. I wonder if it has something to do with remaining hopeful in being able to concentrate production for a government contract, whether protesting the Army decision or having hopes for a different contract.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
I always used to laugh at this thread, especially after trying (and not liking) my buddy's G19. But the other day I tried out a G30SF. Even though it's a .45 it shoots softer than my P228. Feels great in the hand too.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
My 20+ year old G19 is still completely original, including the recoil spring. Smile
Here's Glock's test for the RSA being replaced. A Glock factory tech showed me what they do.

Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Berg:
I always used to laugh at this thread, especially after trying (and not liking) my buddy's G19. But the other day I tried out a G30SF. Even though it's a .45 it shoots softer than my P228. Feels great in the hand too.

I also recently shot the G30SF is an excellent shooting gun. I will be picking one up here in the next few months.

Come on over to the dark side, we have cookies... Cool

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Remember that 'forklift upgrade' I said I wasn't likely going to do?

Yeah. I did it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sixgunner455
posted Hide Post
Not yet, but there's a 42 in my house. My wife likes it and the 43 and 26 we borrowed before. Probably soon there will be at least one that I buy for her.

And a 19 is about the same size as my 3913, and holds twice as much ammunition.

Probably soon.

Posts: 1685 | Location: Here be Dragons! | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Here's Glock's test for the RSA being replaced. A Glock factory tech showed me what they do.

Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA.

Thanks for sharing that Para. I tried it just to see what it was like to do the test, but I was certain it would easily pass. The trigger pull did feel a little funky when pulling the trigger with the slide back as you described though. While my Gen 2 G19 has been with me for decades of human years, it's only an infant or at most a toddler in "Glock years" with only about 1500 rounds through it. Needless to say, the slide snapped back into battery smartly when completing the test. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
I may be about to pull the trigger on a new Gen4 G20.

I have two questions first -

1. For a guy that wears size XL or XXL gloves, is there any advantage to choosing the SF model? (The answer to this may seem obvious but people here have likely fired both, while have only shot the regular frame version before).

2. Is the chamber of the Gen4 models supported well enough to be rid of the 'Glock Bulge'? (Since I reload nearly everything that I shoot I am concerned about this affecting my spent brass).

Thank you.

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
I may be about to pull the trigger on a new Gen4 G20.

I have two questions first -

1. For a guy that wears size XL or XXL gloves, is there any advantage to choosing the SF model? (The answer to this may seem obvious but people here have likely fired both, while have only shot the regular frame version before).

2. Is the chamber of the Gen4 models supported well enough to be rid of the 'Glock Bulge'? (Since I reload nearly everything that I shoot I am concerned about this affecting my spent brass).

Thank you.

A Gen 4 with no back strap is the same as an SF frame on a G20/21/29/30.

Can't answer the chamber support question since I don't own, or like, Gen 4 Glocks.

Good luck...1LL

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

Thanks for sharing that Para. I tried it just to see what it was like to do the test, but I was certain it would easily pass. The trigger pull did feel a little funky when pulling the trigger with the slide back as you described though. While my Gen 2 G19 has been with me for decades of human years, it's only an infant or at most a toddler in "Glock years" with only about 1500 rounds through it. Needless to say, the slide snapped back into battery smartly when completing the test. Smile

+1
I often wonder what they would do to my Gen 2 G17 if I sent it to GA. I got it before jumping into the Sig pool so now it gets left at home mostly.
That test makes for an odd trigger pull but mine passed too. Good to know.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe Glock recommends replacing the recoil spring assembly every 3,000-5,000 rounds. A lot of people never change them.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
Thank you.

The chamber issue (.40 kabooms) was resolved a decade or two ago with an appropriate design change. Can't remember details, but I saw a pic of the old/new chamber design a long time ago. IIRC, that was also due to failure to clean in a timely fashion, allowing lead buildup near the chamber.

Not sure what the bulge is about, since my Gen4 Glock nines don't bulge the brass. Regardless, resizing clears up any normal case sizing issues.

Also, don't worry about using lead reloads in the poly barrels. Another urban myth. My Gen4 G19 and G34 clean up better than my Sigs and 1911's. Use a hard cast lead bullet and stay with mid-range loads (or under). In other words, same as for your other handgun lead reloads. Regardless of gun or loads, I clean/inspect and lube after every range session.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I'm loving my 43. I sent it to the mother ship and had night sights installed. My P220 was my EDC for a very long time. Now, I can't seem to leave the 43 at home.

Posts: 483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post