SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
My winter carry rig is ready.

Gen 4 G19 + TT Gunleather sharkskin trimmed belt and high ride pancake holster.

I have the same holster for my G26 gen 4 as well.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, VERY nice outfit, SVTNate.

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G35 and love it. Great range gun.

Posts: 220 | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
Finally bit the bullet and bought my first Glock today, an FDE G19

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I added three Glocks to my collection so far this year.

I picked up a Gen4 34 a few days ago......I thought that would tide me over for a while but when I picked up the pistol the gunshop had a few sweet looking Gen4 FDE pistols in the case along with a 3rd Gen 24 and 17L! Eek I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the long slide 24 and 17L!!!!

I thought I would be done buying Glocks for a while but now I am contemplating buying three more of the damn things! Eek Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I can't abide guns that don't function reliably enough to trust for CCW...
I'm done with the finicky nature of 1911s.

I'm running back to what has always worked for me GLOCK!

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Theres just something about a Glock that makes them hard not to appreciate. Can it be their simplistic genius? Their innate accuracy? All the accessories? How easily they customize? Maybe the reliability factor? I must ponder like Aristotle over this and get back to Y'all Smile

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107592 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJM
posted Hide Post
There just happens to be a 17L for sale locally. If I had the scratch, I would be, buying a Glock. When I was shooting Glocks, I could never find a 17L, now that I've transitioned to another platform, I find one staring back at me through a thin, shiny piece of glass.

Posts: 1070 | Location: Buying more ammo at Walmart... | Registered: December 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The gods are punishing you for your unfaithfulness.

posted Hide Post
Well, I have not named it, but I did buy a G17 recently. This is not my first Glock, as I owned several in the 2002-2005 time period, in .40 and 10mm. I discovered SIG DAK and the short trigger option in late 2004, finding that combo gave me better scores on my employer's duty pistol qual course, so I switched. By 2011, however, the snappy .40 recoil, plus the higher bore axis of SIGs, meant that my aging, aching right wrist
started to really hurt during training.

Coincidentally, the firearms training unit submitted a proposal to the chief, that would change policy to allow 9mm as an alternate duty pistol cartridge. (We have been all-.40 since 1997.) This prompted me to buy the G17, to revert to a lower bore axis, and move to a lesser-recoiling cartridge. Moreover, all else being
equal, I shoot long-stroke DA better with the
right hand, and SA and Glocks better lefty. (It
is GOOD to be functionally ambi!) With the
prospect of my left hand possibly becoming my
"primary" hand, for duty pistol purposes, this
seemed yet another good reason to buy a Glock.

Well, the 9mm proposal was not signed by the chief, but I reckon the G17 will stay. We can carry 9mm Glocks on our own time, as well as for back-up purposes, and I am in the twilight of my policin' career, anyway, so PD regulations will soon be irrelevant.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Let's just say that parabellum is right and I will own a Glock. Assume it will be a Model 26.
Should it be a Gen. 3 or Gen. 4 and with what features, e.g. trigger pull, sights, extensions, barrel, etc.? I am a 1911 and Sig fan and have never owned a Glock. This thread has pushed me to consider buying one.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fiddlers, the G26 is a great little pistol. I figure that now that I have a G17, a G26 is on my short list. I have not yet decided upon 3rd or 4th Generation, myself.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Although Glocks were always on my radar, and I was aware of the "Glock perfection", they always appeared a bit "fugly" for my taste. You understand, myself being a 1911 kind of guy.

Once the Gen4's arrived, my tatse for the Glock became more appetizing. Picked up a Gen4 G19 in 01/12, and came over to the Glock side.

Still not beautiful by any means, the Gen4 upgrade was enough to sway my decision on the purchase.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought and sold three Glocks. I now carry a 1911.

The Spartans do not enquire how many enemy there are; the Spartans merely enquire WHERE they are.

Posts: 7 | Location: Dallas, GA | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently purchased second-hand (not much used) G17 gen 4 as my first pistol.

So far all works fine, no jams.
Although, recently during cleaning i saw some kind of scratch (or I don't know what is that- not visible well, had to use good light on it) on the inner part of the slide.

I would love to hear any opinions, if I should be worried about it or it's pretty normal... :>

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austerity
posted Hide Post
I eezox'ed my carry Gen 3 26, 3 treatments and ran 300 rounds of FMJ through it at the range. Not a single issue of course, and visual increase in wear. Gun feels like it's sliding on butter, and the clean up (once again with Eezox) was a breeze.

------------------------
"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

Posts: 1228 | Location: Evans, GA | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austerity
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to hear nny opinions, if I should be worried about it or it's pretty normal...

Pawelm - is that a serious question? That looks like, at best, a cosmetic scratch. No, it won't hurt a Glock.

------------------------
"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

Posts: 1228 | Location: Evans, GA | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austerity:
Pawelm - is that a serious question? That looks like, at best, a cosmetic scratch. No, it won't hurt a Glock.

I couldn't find out what part of gun or magzine could scratch the slide at that point so it interested me.
Was serious; thanks Smile I'm new with handguns.

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiddlers:
I am a 1911 and Sig fan and have never owned a Glock. This thread has pushed me to consider buying one.