SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I just bought a G19 and a G43...

I did the exact same thing. 19 about two months ago and I liked it so much I bought a 43 Friday.

Posts: 184 | Location: Great Falls VA | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well Para was right. I finally ordered a Glock. G20 Gen4 for wilderness carry. I decided I wanted the 15 rounds of 10mm instead of the 6 rounds in my revolvers. Cherry---Popped.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Well Para was right. I finally ordered a Glock. G20 Gen4 for wilderness carry. I decided I wanted the 15 rounds of 10mm instead of the 6 rounds in my revolvers. Cherry---Popped.

Great choice! You are gonna love it. May I recommend Underwood 180gr gold dots at 1250ft per sec.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I have read good things about that ammo. You prefer to Buffalo Bore?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh hell yes! Just buy some and shoot it. You will have a shit eatin grin for a week.

If it's for out in the woods get the extreme penetrator or full metal jacket rounds. If you need to aerate a larger 4 legged creature you will want the additional penetration.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Glocks are ugly, have goofy grips, and, are ugly.
I have owned,a lot of guns in the last 30 years, probably at least one from each of the most popular brands. I've CCW for most of those years. A ccw gun, to me, is a tool, not a show piece. It has to work every time, no doubts.
I bought a Glock 22 about 15 years ago, and sold it a few months later... and bought a 23. Been carrying them ever since.

All of my guns were lost in a boating accident.

Posts: 12 | Location: N.E. Ohio | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You sound conflicted or trollish or something.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my Sigs, and my P229 Legion is my carry gun. I will eventually have a G20 gen4 and a G19Gen4 (and probably a G26 gen4 to be a BUG).

My wife has decided she doesn't like her little single-stack Walther CCP. I'll have her shoot a PPQ (again) and a G17 and see what she thinks. Perhaps also a VP9.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aesposita:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I just bought a G19 and a G43...

I did the exact same thing. 19 about two months ago and I liked it so much I bought a 43 Friday.

I bought both slightly used but in great condition. Both came with rubber Talon grips which I highly recommend. The G19 came with a G17 magazine with an X-Grip which is nice. The G43 came with Pearce +1 mag extenders on all three mags which makes it fit my hand perfectly. The only other concealed carry gun that felt good to me as well was the Shield but I went with the G43.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
quote:

Oh hell yes! Just buy some and shoot it. You will have a shit eatin grin for a week.

If it's for out in the woods get the extreme penetrator or full metal jacket rounds. If you need to aerate a larger 4 legged creature you will want the additional penetration.

Excellent. Just what I needed to know. Thank you.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I am looking at two potential carry loads for North Cascades bear country. Anyone have thoughts on these? Thanks.

https://www.buffalobore.com/in...product_detail&p=219

https://underwoodammo.com/shop...n-full-metal-jacket/

posted Hide Post
I like the Underwood. Clean and hard hitting. The guy stands behind his stuff from what I hear. Can actually get him on the phone.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new 21SF, and the frame is off to Tactical Texture and Triggers in North Dakota. Mike did the work on my primary carry G30SF and a G19 (recontour, retexture, remove finger humps, mag release scallop) and I've never seen higher quality work at any price.

When it comes back, I'll have a local custom coating place CeraKote either just the slide, or the whole thing, and install a set of the new Trijicon HD-XR sights I got. I am undecided on a color scheme, but it's just a bedside gun/range blaster, so I might go crazy with the color scheme. Camo, a battle-worn look, not sure yet. No black/silver, no black/OD green, no black/FDE... been there, done that. Something more colorful this time around.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quijibo:
Ugh. Glocks are ugly, have goofy grips, and, are ugly.
I have owned,a lot of guns in the last 30 years, probably at least one from each of the most popular brands. I've CCW for most of those years. A ccw gun, to me, is a tool, not a show piece. It has to work every time, no doubts.
I bought a Glock 22 about 15 years ago, and sold it a few months later... and bought a 23. Been carrying them ever since.

They may not be the most attractive gun but as you said, they just plain work. Razz I love my 19 and 43.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem comes when you cant stop buyimg Glocks! Im addimg two to the herd this week.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently added a G19 MOS, and a dual-illumination RMR. My employer's rules mandate iron sights for duty and personal carry, on and off the clock, but retirement is not so far away, and I need to start trying, and training with, the green triangle and red dot options. When I have settled upon a specific optical sight, I may have a slide milled, for a lower mount.

I already know I like Gen4 Gl9 pistols, already having a pair of them.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
The problem comes when you cant stop buyimg Glocks! Im addimg two to the herd this week.

Yeah...I just picked up another G19.

It's wrong to pass up a good deal.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
You know this thread has now been up for 8 years.

Guess what? I still don't own a Glock.

That would be like me dating the local vagrant town drunk vs my Prince Charming (my Sigs & 1911's).

Why would I settle for a "Golf Cart" (black boring yet reliable Glock) when my Mercedes Sports Car is already on my property?

Sorry Para, this is one fortunate woman who has never fallen for the Glock Hype. Smiling.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
You know this thread has now been up for 8 years.

Guess what? I still don't own a Glock.

That would be like me dating the local vagrant town drunk vs my Prince Charming (my Sigs & 1911's).

Why would I settle for a "Golf Cart" (black boring yet reliable Glock) when my Mercedes Sports Car is already on my property?

Sorry Para, this is one fortunate woman who has never fallen for the Glock Hype. Smiling.

So why bother posting?
Are you a glutton for punishment?

I own multiple firearms.
Some yugos, some "Mercedes", but the ones I trust my life and the lives of my loved ones to are Glocks, Kahrs, and other polymer striker pistols. .

If God forbid I'm involved in a justified shooting, would I rather give up a polymer pistol to the po-po, or WG Sig or classic S&W I may never get back?

YMMV, obviously... Roll Eyes

BTW, it ain't over, you still might "buy" a Glock when you come to your senses..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
Oh, now don't you worry your pretty little head about it, darlin'. You just leave the thinking to the men and you'll be just fine.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post