SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Liberty, Freedom,
Rights...and GunFire!
Picture of GunFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will buy a Glock
Picked up my 1st Glock yesterday. A NIB G19 Gen4.

Also picked up a S&W Shield 9mm and a Beretta 92FS Italian.

These are my presents from my wife for our 19th wedding anniversary (can't wait to see what the 20th brings).

BTW, I got her, her wish list... a beautiful pearl necklace, pearl earrings and a very nice pair of diamond earrings.

Off to the range next weekend!

Posts: 1721 | Location: Spetsnaz 2/9/2006, then GunFire --> > > | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunFire:
quote:
You will buy a Glock
Picked up my 1st Glock yesterday. A NIB G19 Gen4.

Also picked up a S&W Shield 9mm and a Beretta 92FS Italian.

These are my presents from my wife for our 19th wedding anniversary (can't wait to see what the 20th brings).

BTW, I got her, her wish list... a beautiful pearl necklace, pearl earrings and a very nice pair of diamond earrings.

Off to the range next weekend!

Sounds like a very happy anniversary!

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both on your 19th anniversary.

Sounds like you both made out like bandits. Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've had several Glocks over the last 25 or so years, I really wanted to like the 21 as its my favorite round but after buying and selling several I've decided just can't like it ... Then 4-5-6 years ago I got a 19 and I really like it (and still have it) ... Last week I picked up a 43 Talo for ccw. It's got a 5.5 pound trigger and shots well for me. Yesterday I picked up a comfortable IWB holster. I wore it all day and this afternoon I went to a movie with my son and forgot I had it on until I was paying for our drinks & popcorn ... It's another keeper.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The g 19 and g 43 are great guns, and good choices for carry, my 43 has True Glow TFX NIGHT SIGHTS as well as a Green Crimson Trace laser guard, Ghost 3.5 trigger, I have several carry guns, but find the 43 the easiest to carry, especially in the Summer weather where I wear less clothing, my IWB holster is a Clinger Stringer No CANT holster which I find the best all around holster for EDC, I wear it appendix style so it works whether sitting driving or walking, I'm glade you are happy with your GLOCKS, but my heart still is with Sig, I'm not a one brand kind of guy, love them all...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
I'm not a one brand kind of guy, love them all...

Ditto that ... I sometimes regret my choice in my form name but have been using "kimberkid" on forms since the 90's and then I was practically a Kimber only guy ... Not so much anymore.

I thought about the ghost trigger in my 19 but decided if I ever had to use it in self-defense I didn't want to be perceived as a trigger happy gun-nut, so I leave it stock and loaded with Speer Gold-Dot H/P's which is the same ammo the cops here use and many of our officers here also carry 19's ... needless to say the 43 also remains stock.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

I thought about the ghost trigger in my 19 but decided if I ever had to use it in self-defense I didn't want to be perceived as a trigger happy gun-nut, so I leave it stock and loaded with Speer Gold-Dot H/P's which is the same ammo the cops here use and many of our officers here also carry 19's ... needless to say the 43 also remains stock.

I carry my 19, had a ghost trigger bar and custom fitted trigger bar put in by the Ghost Guy during the gun show, he did my 17 and 19.

The connector and other work don't reduce the trigger pull they make it much much smoother (unless you have the NY setup it will reduce pounds) The improvement is significant, the Glock Crunchiness in all three is gone.

Have no problems with it in a carry, it's not a major modification and the trigger bar is a normal glock trigger setup he just replaces the stock one with another glock unit until he finds one that works the best, remember these are all mass manufactured items so some tolerances are allowed for in production, not all are 100% perfect or alike.

My 19 is improved significantly with the new connector, not doing it is your choice and i'm not dismissing that choice as bad or good, just saying what I've done and observed

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

My 19 is improved significantly with the new connector, not doing it is your choice and i'm not dismissing that choice as bad or good, just saying what I've done and observed

Thanks for the info ... I'm probably just being paranoid!

Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
Congrats gunfire..

Glock 17L
Glock 19
Glock 26

SIG P220ST
SIG P225
SIG P229

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
.....oh if only The Big G would offer a .45 ACP carry model and put the GAP to pasture.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
.....oh if only The Big G would offer a .45 ACP carry model and put the GAP to pasture.

Glock 30S

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 4 G30 that I shoot as well if not better than all the others. Somehow the short chubby guy just points perfectly. I wish I shot my G21 as well.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post

2nd Gen Glock 17L & 3rd Gen 26
Benchmade Griptilian

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
I have a Gen 4 G30 that I shoot as well if not better than all the others. Somehow the short chubby guy just points perfectly. I wish I shot my G21 as well.

Agreed, I have a 30-S which shoots match grade groups. It shoots so well my son has "borrowed" it. I just ordered a second one for myself.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Nice combo, and pretty much all you might need in defensive handguns...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
Nice combo, and pretty much all you might need in defensive handguns...

Yep ... I had traded into a 17L a few years back and a buddy wanted it worse than I did ... kinda wish I'd kept it but as is, my 19 and 43 serve my purposes well enough.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:

Agreed, I have a 30-S which shoots match grade groups. It shoots so well my son has "borrowed" it. I just ordered a second one for myself.

Well, that was quick!
Got the call this morning the Blue Label 30S came in.
Now to put the night sights and Talon Grips on.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
^^^^

That's a sub compact and the only Glock I've ever had to be unreliable (G30sf).

Of course, I'm speaking of a G19 sized model only in 45 ACP...not GAP.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
G30S...

That's a sub compact and the only Glock I've ever had to be unreliable (G30sf).

Of course, I'm speaking of a G19 sized model only in 45 ACP...not GAP.

Never an issue with my G30S, slightly different than a G30SF.

Like the rest of my Glocks, it ate any and every round I put thru it.

The 9 rd mags make it perfect for carry.IMHO

And VERY close to the same size as my Gen 2 G19..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
does anyone know where I could find a gen 2 glock 19? I want to buy one just because I have never owned or even shot one.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post