SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
^^^
Couldn't agree more with your comments... Oddly here in Northern CA 9mm glocks are currently scarce. 26/19/17...I've seen some 34s.
Later this year I hope to find a 26 again perhaps I will luck into a 2.5 gen with the smooth finger grooves.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocknroll:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
(image deleted in reply)

Many of us shoot the 26 better than the larger Glocks. IMO the G26 is one of the best handguns made. MG

I agree. My 26 is my EDC and I can't miss with it. Also carry a 42 as a BUG. Thousands of rounds with both and not a single failure with either.[/QUOTE]

I second that; fired my new model 30 today. It had less muzzle flip and a different recoil feel (subjectively) than my model 21. Groups were a bit large, but double taps seemed easier too.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
With the G26 the infamous Glock hump fits right into the palm of your hand. I am one of those people that can't get past the Glock grip angle. I was thinking about trying a Timberwolf frame but when you add it all up I can get a VP9 for the same price. The aftermarket support for Glock pistols is so extensive that it makes a lot of sense to have one.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
.....The aftermarket support for Glock pistols is so extensive that it makes a lot of sense to have one.

Thursday, I was at my LGS to pick up parts for my daughters cleaning kit. I strolled by the Glock counter and there was a "previously owned" Glock G21 gen4 in the case. After a close inspection it went out the door with me. Friday, I took it to Glock in Smyrna and had them look it over. They replaced the trigger bar with the new model and gave me a new magazine because the armorer did not like the feed lips on one of mine, all for no charge. They also added the Glock night sights for $57 and change. All done, in and out in less that 20 minutes. Great aftermarket support I say.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Well look what happened....I bought a Glock. Never thought I would. But I shot a buddy's Glock 42 last week and just had to have one. So now I do. Nice little gun Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, yeah.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Another one followed me home..

Gen 4 17 grey.
I modified a black beaver tail and installed it, I just needed to keep my grip down under the slide.
Just at 360 rounds thru it now. Great shooter as they all seem to be. Smile

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that grip mod! Would you mind posting a picture from the rear of the grip?

I would greatly appreciate it!

quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Another one followed me home..

Gen 4 17 grey.
I modified a black beaver tail and installed it, I just needed to keep my grip down under the slide.
Just at 360 rounds thru it now. Great shooter as they all seem to be. Smile

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:
I like that grip mod! Would you mind posting a picture from the rear of the grip?

I would greatly appreciate it!

Sure thing. It was easy to do. There is a "grip force adapter" made to do the same thing but I had these parts on hand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much!

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the battlefield green as a xmas present to myself. It is not a coating, cut the frame in half and it would still be green.

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Battlefield green here as well, G17

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Glock 19s around here are either gen3 special versions and/or are uber over-priced. Gen4 g19s are nearly nonexistent.

I walked into Cabelas and there was a Gen4 g19 with night soghts in the used guns - good condition but no case, and just one mag for $399.

I mulled it over a bit, but couldnt resist in the end. The gen4 g19 fits me better than any other gun. Definitely my idea of "perfection"

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing I've noticed about the Gen 4 Glocks in the 19/23 size is, I get a way better purchase on the grip during my draw.

I'm digging the Gen 4 in the 40 cals without a doubt.

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Glock 19s around here are either gen3 special versions and/or are uber over-priced. Gen4 g19s are nearly nonexistent.

I walked into Cabelas and there was a Gen4 g19 with night soghts in the used guns - good condition but no case, and just one mag for $399.

I mulled it over a bit, but couldnt resist in the end. The gen4 g19 fits me better than any other gun. Definitely my idea of "perfection"

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gen4 g19s are nearly nonexistent.

As was pointed out to me on this forum several years ago, it's a common trait of Glocks in general for around this time of year. Most of our distributors have little to no Glocks in any form except occasional GAP models, a few in 40S&W and the usual handful in configurations for Iron Curtain states. I've been on the hunt for full-on Gen4 9mm Glocks for the last several weeks, but pretty much anything a distributor receives in from Glock these days is already allocated and spoken for from pre-sale agreements. So even though it's down a couple of mags, getting a used G19G4 for $399 this time of year is not a bad deal at all.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:
One thing I've noticed about the Gen 4 Glocks in the 19/23 size is, I get a way better purchase on the grip during my draw.

I'm digging the Gen 4 in the 40 cals without a doubt.

quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

FWIW, Top Gun Supply always seems to have G19 Gen 4's available at the going price. ($539 with three 15 round mags) I bought mine from them about a year ago. There are also other online sellers that have them in stock most times.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
As was pointed out to me on this forum several years ago, it's a common trait of Glocks in general for around this time of year. Most of our distributors have little to no Glocks in any form except occasional GAP models, a few in 40S&W and the usual handful in configurations for Iron Curtain states. I've been on the hunt for full-on Gen4 9mm Glocks for the last several weeks, but pretty much anything a distributor receives in from Glock these days is already allocated and spoken for from pre-sale agreements. So even though it's down a couple of mags, getting a used G19G4 for $399 this time of year is not a bad deal at all.

When is the best time of year to find one?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

When is the best time of year to find one?

Apart from LE dealers, every commercial gun dealer is buying Glocks through a distributor, places like Davidson's, Big Rock and Lipsey's. If an order is large enough, they can negotiate with a distributor to have the guns drop shipped directly from Glock. While this can happen any time during the year, there's typically a large concentration of orders placed at the beginning of the year that coincides with all of a dealer's orders for guns from other manufacturers. Most of this activity occurs after SHOT with the large buying shows that happen in the immediate weeks that follow after Vegas. What I found out since working at the shop is that some manufacturers will hold back a lot of their guns so that they're assured of having ready inventory to start fulfilling these new orders for the calendar year. From discussions with our rep, it sounded like SIG did this right around SHOT when I tried to get updated availability and pricing for restocking and a couple of customer special orders that I wanted to place. It would not surprise me if Glock does something similar, since this year there's very few Glocks available from wholesale for dealers to buy.

In theory once all of these orders have been placed, new batches of Glocks should start rolling into shops later this month or at the beginning of April...unless the dealer was late in getting their orders in the queue, or picked the wrong distributor(s) to go through.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by megawatt:
I picked up the battlefield green as a xmas present to myself. It is not a coating, cut the frame in half and it would still be green.

I do like this shade better than Glock's previous limp two attempts at green (OD).

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW, Top Gun Supply always seems to have G19 Gen 4's available at the going price. ($539 with three 15 round mags) I bought mine from them about a year ago. There are also other online sellers that have them in stock most times.

True. I like stumbling across a decent deal when i dont expect it, though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post