SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

Just figured I’d start posting the new acquisition pictures in batches, since there appears to be no cure for this disease. Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Ok. I’ve added Glock number 2 to the heard. A very nice 43X. But that’s it, no more. I can quit any time I want Razz

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Glock 19X and a 21 gen 4 about 2 weeks ago. They are really nice pistols.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
This Tread made me go take a serious look at a glock 19, after I picked it up I knew I would never own one. Sorry but I will stick to my recent purchase of a w german 228, and my all ss 229 dak . The Glocks and there poor fitting plastic frames just don't do it for me.

That was march 26 2009.

I now have 9 Glocks and only 2 sigs both 365's
pretty funny when I finally broke down and tried a G19 and the rest is history.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Jumped back into the Glock ranks. G30s and G45 with Ameriglo's. Both seem to be assembled as one would expect ( pure function ) don't look so bad either. Both came with 3 magazines ....... not to shabby.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This Tread made me go take a serious look at a glock 19, after I picked it up I knew I would never own one. Sorry but I will stick to my recent purchase of a w german 228, and my all ss 229 dak . The Glocks and there poor fitting plastic frames just don't do it for me.

That was march 26 2009.

I now have 9 Glocks and only 2 sigs both 365's
pretty funny when I finally broke down and tried a G19 and the rest is history.

Takes a good man to admit he was wrong. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since my last post, in this thread, I have added a G42 and a G19x.

The G42 has effectively replaced J-snubs, much of the time, for deep-concealment needs.

My long hands shoot a G17 noticeably better than a G19, probably because the longer grip results in better stability, but a G19 clears the holster better, when my aging right shoulder is having a bad day. The G19x has the grip length for the stability I prefer, and clears the holster, like a G19. Win-win.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I feel the same about my G45, it's the best yet from Glock, and my Sig P320 X Carry rocks and is perfect...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
For those on the fence:

Glock announced Monday that the legendary actor, Air Force vet and martial artist Chuck Norris has signed on as their latest spokesman. Norris, 79, was reportedly picked by the polymer pistol maker whose U.S. operations are based in Georgia as he represents the same characteristics and principals for which the company stands.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...s-glock-as-spokesman

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
Well after years of telling myself I dont like Glocks a new G19 gen 3 followed me home yesterday.

I remember when this thread came out and I thought that I would never need to post here and Ill I needed was my P220St and maybe my 1911.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The prophecy fulfilled

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
I took it to the range today and it was good. I liked the trigger, the finger groves and the grip texture.

When I got home I washed my hands but they did not feel clean, I’m thinking more about my glock and less about my other guns. I wonder if I need another in 10mm.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Gen5 19 brings us to an even dozen

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Gen5 19 brings us to an even dozen

Bottom row third, fourth from left: what frame and slide?

Thx.

Ok, so those two are mix & match parts in the pic only to sight in a new set of Trijicon HDXR's on the Swenson slide using a g26 stock frame.

I built a P80 frame from Glockstore and had a Swenson slide & barrel for the build. I was shooting the G26 (stock model) in a match that weekend and used that bottom end to regulate the sights (which that combo with the KKM barrel was a laser beam!).
So it shot so well I was considering leaving the combo together. I've since changed everything back to the original configs.
Tell you what, that P80 build was a lot of fun and shoots great!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I originally purchased this Gen 5 Glock 17 as a graduation gift; however that didn’t happen.

I made the mistake of shooting it. Very nice trigger. Gen 5 could be the Glock that converts the masses.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I could really use a Gen 5 model 21 and 20.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
No.... I don't think I will.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:

Good call, I bought and then another and another until I had a small collection; now I don't shoot my more expensive guns hardly at all. I thought had to be better ...

... until I shot a friends a Glock

All that wasted money on SiG's, HK's and Kimbers!
(I'd change my name, but after 22 years it's too much trouble)

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
It's only a matter of time. The prophecy shall be fulfilled. Heathens and blasphemers are no exception.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig210-6
posted Hide Post
G22 in 1996.......later on 27, 42, 43, 30S.....
Light weight and just work. A bonus is the entry fee.
Still consider myself a Sig guy.
But carry Glocks.
Big deal. also like S&W wheel guns. VP9 etc..
Sue me...

Posts: 1954 | Registered: April 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post