SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Bought my second Glock last week, a 19.

Had a 26, sold it a few years ago because the grip was just too small for my hands.
The 19 feels better.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 19 last week...added a Grip Force adapter and a custom engraved slide plate. Also ordered a 22 fishgill today. I've been bitten by the dark side in a bad, bad way.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
Bought my second Glock last week, a 19.

Had a 26, sold it a few years ago because the grip was just too small for my hands.
The 19 feels better.

Exactly what happened to me.
I carried a G26 for 10 years until I bought an XD9sc and sold the G26.
But I've since sold the XD9sc and carry an EMP now.
After lurking in this thread I finally bought a G19.
It has been working out very well as a house gun..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
Picked up a 19 last week...added a Grip Force adapter and a custom engraved slide plate. Also ordered a 22 fishgill today. I've been bitten by the dark side in a bad, bad way.

I just purchased a Grip Force adapter.
The reason I bought my G19 is I'm getting into 1911s and the Sig trigger is feeling too long and heavy.
But the G19 tends to point a little high for me with my natural grip.
I'm going to try one of these Grip Force adapters and see if it helps..

Thank you Maestro.
I have never heard of the Grip Force Adapter.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
It's never going to be a 1911, but the adapter definitely makes it feel closer to that angle. I bought mine specifically due to slide bite issues when shooting at speed, but it seems to "fill in" the grip right where I need it. It has completely changed my shooting experience with Glocks.

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
The grip angle doesn't bother me too much, but the slide bite on my high grip was the main reason I tried it. It feels great, especially after a little bit of sanding the edges (which the manufacturer recommends).

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
That looks really uncomfortable.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
It's not too bad...I sanded down the ridges at the top, so it's more comfortable than it was at first.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crescendo:
I really have nothing against this thread, but 4 months with a title of "You will buy a Glock"?

Hail and go forth -

Edited to corect my terrible spelling Frown

4 months? Looks more like two YEARS, unless there was a title change.
Newbie here, to this forum. Had Glocks, then traded them for M&Ps, just felt so much better ergonomically. Or "in my hand" .
I still think Glock is the benchmark for utter reliability, and now the Gen 4 might feel better "in my hand" , BUT there seem to be some issues challenging their claim to absolute perfection.
Is that true?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
BUT there seem to be some issues challenging their claim to absolute perfection.
Is that true?
You actually don't understand that calling a pistol "perfection" is marketing?

Seriously, shouldn't anyone old enough to own a handgun have gathered enough experience in the physical world to realize there is no such thing as perfection when it comes to machines? Everything can break, all devices have deficiencies. Everyone knows this, right?

Hello?

McFly?

Picture of Nightwizard40
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Have to agree, shot one of my friends G Lock...not gonna have have one!

Posts: 2011 | Location: Central AL | Registered: November 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
BUT there seem to be some issues challenging their claim to absolute perfection.
Is that true?
You actually don't understand that calling a pistol "perfection" is marketing?

Seriously, shouldn't anyone old enough to own a handgun have gathered enough experience in the physical world to realize there is no such thing as perfection when it comes to machines? Everything can break, all devices have deficiencies. Everyone knows this, right?

Hello?

McFly?

And you don't appreciate sarcasm, I guess.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be fair, the written word is absent inflection, intonation, all those things that speak more clearly than the actual words themselves, sometimes.

I do know it is marketing, but I was curious as to whether they had actually slipped a rung or two down the ladder of reliability.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
And you don't appreciate sarcasm, I guess.
No, sadly, I was born lacking the Sarcasm Gene. I also cannot see the color yellow and frequently confuse the numbers 9 and 17.

posted Hide Post

Smile

posted Hide Post
Just having some fun. I really don't want to start off by tweaking the nose of the big dog.
And I am seriously curious if the Gen 4 Glocks have in essence, taken the company back a step.
Glocktalk is too emotional and polarized. Having somewhat accidentally stumbled across this thread, on this forum, was hoping to get a more rational opine.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't sweat it. 'sup with the white t-shirt with the 17 on it?

posted Hide Post
Just a test. Glad you passed.
Sir

posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that the Gen 4 Glock is for people that hated Glocks.

Count me in that category. Tried to like the Gen 3 17, 19 , and 26. I just couldn't.

Got the gen 4 17 and loved it. Got a Gen 4 19 last week and loving it.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO

Posts: 385 | Registered: April 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post