SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikesrc:
NO
Hang on, Sunshine:

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I looked at a Gen 3 G34 at a local store, but I swear that my G19 has a better barrel fit, and MUCH better slide fit. Maybe I am expecting something that isn't true, but I thought that the extended versions were built more like target/competition guns.

Confused

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Must ... buy ... another ... Glock ...

Resistance ... is ... futile ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Maybe I am expecting something that isn't true, but I thought that the extended versions were built more like target/competition guns.
The G34 is just another Glumph.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
I looked at a Gen 3 G34 at a local store, but I swear that my G19 has a better barrel fit, and MUCH better slide fit. Maybe I am expecting something that isn't true, but I thought that the extended versions were built more like target/competition guns.

Confused

I know what you're saying but for me the G34 noticeably outshoots the other 9mm Glocks whether slow fire target or at speed. Others shoot the more compact versions better. Its just one of those things you gotta find out for yourself.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I was in the "feels like sh@# in my hand" club until I discovered these. This made the G19 feel great in my paws.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GeorgeFromPa
posted Hide Post
never owned plastic and never will

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 6999 | Location: Henryville Pa. | Registered: January 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeFromPa:
never owned plastic and never will

Yeah, I said that as well from July of '88, until August of '99. Now it's all I shoot. Well!

Best,

Dave

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1032 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The G34 is just another Glumph.

My hopes and dreams are dashed! One day I will probably get one.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
I know what you're saying but for me the G34 noticeably outshoots the other 9mm Glocks whether slow fire target or at speed. Others shoot the more compact versions better. Its just one of those things you gotta find out for yourself.

I can shoot my G19 gen3 in circles around my G17 gen2. I think most of it is the three dot night sights on the G19 vs stock on the G17 (they work for me better), and the better barrel and slide fit. I could be a wizard though.

Posts: 9966 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:

I can shoot my G19 gen3 in circles around my G17 gen2. I think most of it is the three dot night sights on the G19 vs stock on the G17 (they work for me better), and the better barrel and slide fit. I could be a wizard though.

Sights, finger grooves or no finger grooves, shape of the backstrap etc can all effect us differently.

When I was into .40 S&W my primary pistols were the G23 and G35. For some reason I favored the G23 and even felt the need to install Hogue wraparound rubber sleeves on the G35 for better control. I liked both but for some reason I just shot the G23 a bit better even though the G23 had a bit more felt recoil. With 9mm Glocks the G34 (and the G17 to a degree) are like "magic" while the G19 and G26 I have to apply myself more. Both slow fire target and shooting at speed. And even then they trail next to the G34. As always YMMV!!!

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My newest Glock, a Gen. II Glock 19. One hi-cap magazine, no box, booklet, dead Trijicons. I pick it up tomorrow evening.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
My newest Glock, a Gen. II Glock 19. One hi-cap magazine, no box, booklet, dead Trijicons. I pick it up tomorrow evening.

Nice find!

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AW_239
posted Hide Post
........ forgive me father for I have sinned...... got a Glock 19....... starting to like it...... thinking of carrying it over my 228......

Posts: 764 | Registered: January 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Share your pain...share it, and gain strength from the sharing...

Posts: 3676 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Waiting to take delivery of my long awaited G30sf this weekend. I can't wait!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AW_239
posted Hide Post
Does a Glock rub anyone elses middle finger?? Is there anything I can do for this??

Posts: 764 | Registered: January 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AW_239:
Does a Glock rub anyone elses middle finger?? Is there anything I can do for this??

I know that Cold Bore Customs can take care of that problem.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just bought my 2nd this year. Added a G22 RTF2 to the glock collection.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

It used to bug me when I first got my G19 (2 years ago). After practicing and getting some instruction with it, I realized I was wrapping my fingers too far around the grip of the gun, and the barrel was not in line with my arm. Since I changed my grip it has given me no issues.

If your hands are bigger and your middle finger knuckle sits right below the trigger guard, changing your grip won't help. You can either practice a bit and see if your finger gets used to it, or have it sanded off underneath. Depending on your ability to work with materials you might even be able to do it yourself. There have been a few people on here that have done an exceptional homemade undercut to the trigger guard.

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:

If your talking about the bottom of the trigger guard, on the side where the frame meets the guard, yes all of mine did.

I cut that area down and then sand smooth, creating and blending the radius. Works great.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post