SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm) Login/Join 
posted
https://www.thetruthaboutguns....20-xten-10mm-pistol/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone wanna bet it will be a Legion to drive up the $$$?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Im in!

Course that’ll make me need to get a 320 45 just so I can have a pair

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's admittedly a fascination with things that are trivial on my part, but I'm kinda curious to see if newer P320s in .45 have any parts that are somehow redesigned for parts commonality between them and the 10mms.

As for any details beyond the bare minimum needed for a tease, I guess we're going to have to wait another week or so.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
It's admittedly a fascination with things that are trivial on my part, but I'm kinda curious to see if newer P320s in .45 have any parts that are somehow redesigned for parts commonality between them and the 10mms.

As for any details beyond the bare minimum needed for a tease, I guess we're going to have to wait another week or so.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Would be awesome if the grip module was interchangeable with the P320 45, and possibly the FCU?

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot it yesterday.It was easy to shoot well. Before this, I'd never shot with a RDS. I will be a buyer.

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I refuse to stop whining.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Details please...was it a regular P320 or some fancy Legion or X-gun variant? Full size, compact, something different? Any idea if its on the .45 frame or if it's its own thing? I'm excited...been waiting a long time for this!

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Sweet! Details please...was it a regular P320 or some fancy Legion or X-gun variant? Full size, compact, something different? Any idea if its on the .45 frame or if it's its own thing? I'm excited...been waiting a long time for this!

I'll be guessing at some here. I'm not well versed in the 320. It was fullsize. It is named XTEN, so I'm going with X model. It was not a Legion. No word if the grip or FCU is compatible with the .45 yet.

It was hot out there, and lines to wait in to shoot different guns. So, they were trying to get people moved through there in a timely fashion. I asked no questions. Until I read that article, I didn't know it was 15+1. That got my attention!

Rick

posted Hide Post
Erh! Magh! Gerd! Tern Merimerter!!!

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick! I'm sure the details will come out in time. I'm just stoked that it exists at all!

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks nice and glad to see 15rd mags.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I bought a Glock.

A 15 round mag for 10mm should accomodate, what, 17 rounds of .38 Super? Someone's gotta take the lead in scoping out the conversion possibilities. Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
I bought a Glock.

A 15 round mag for 10mm should accomodate, what, 17 rounds of .38 Super? Someone's gotta take the lead in scoping out the conversion possibilities. Razz

I'm already on it. Having already converted a few Glocks to .38 Super, it should be easier now that I know where I can get the barrels made.

The rest should be a bit of tuning. Some day...

I can get about 40 rounds in a Kriss Vector magazine. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I wonder what they decided to do about the added recoil of the 10mm? It looks like a 5 inch barrel in the linked article. I am also assuming a full length steel guide rod and heavier recoil spring. That full size frame also looks like an X series frame, which would be new for that size FCU. Also noticed that there is no bump out at the back of the grip near the beavertail area like on the regular X series grip modules for Full and Carry sizes.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can get about 40 rounds in a Kriss Vector magazine. Big Grin

Eek Oh, the possibilities.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I wonder what they decided to do about the added recoil of the 10mm?

From the linked article: “[R]ecoil was very manageable.”

But that’s a good question when many of today’s shooters evidently can’t handle the recoil of the 40 S&W that’s nothing more than a down-loaded 10mm. Perhaps just shoot down-loaded 10mm ammo? That way it’s possible to boast of shooting that formidable round without actually having to deal with any (well, … much) recoil.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows what loads that we were shooting out of it? I had several thoughts running through my head. I only shot 5 rounds from it. I didn't have the weight of a fully loaded magazine. I could've shot 10 rounds, but I also wanted to shoot the P220 SAO 10mm, which was at the same table. Therefore, I got to shoot 5 rounds out of each. I went to Grayguns website, and see they sell a weighted grip. I was wondering if the 10mm P320 had a weighted grip? It felt well balanced, and recoil was light.

Rick

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220.10mm:
Who knows what loads that we were shooting out of it?

A point that occurred to me as well.

I haven’t researched the issue myself, but I recall Bruce Gray discussing that point back when they started to offer conversions of 45 ACP P220 pistols to 10mm. He recommended that ammunition loaded to the original full power levels be used sparingly. Just as when gun manufacturers started offering small, lightweight revolvers chambered for 357 Magnum, ammunition manufacturers started offering ammunition that was ostensibly the same stuff, but was in fact loaded to much milder levels. As the 10mm is available as a chambering in more pistols, I would expect that trend to continue and perhaps become even more common.

It will be hugely ironic if most people who buy the 10mm P320 end up shooting ammunition that’s not much more powerful than the hot stuff I fire from my 40 S&W P320.

As Scottie would say, “Ye canna change the laws of physics,” and more power = more recoil.

Although I’d need a 10mm P320 like another hole in the head and would probably be better served for any practical purpose with my 44 Magnum “Mountain Revolver,” I’m still intrigued by the concept. If I can’t resist the temptation (make them hard to get like you did with the 10mm P220, SIG), the first thing I’ll do is find and try the real deal in terms of what the cartridge was originally loaded to. Hopefully we’ll see some reviews before I spend the money.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post