SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys can quit whining now….lol (Sig 320 10mm) Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Consistency on other 320s seems to have improved as production ramped up. It's been a bit since I've come across a post here talking about how different factory triggers on the other 320s can be from each other.

Then again I'll certainly look closely at slide fit when I get a chance to go shopping for one.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well I'm sorry to hear that. I've been excitedly looking forward to these for a long time, so hopefully these are just teething issues. I'm waiting for a compact model, anyway, so hopefully by the time that's released they'll have had time to work that stuff out.

Also, Sig is it too much to ask for just a plain nitron version, without the flat trigger and X-grip? If I wanted a blocky grip that felt like a Glock, I'd just buy a Glock. I'm not thrilled about paying extra for these "upgrades" out of the box, then having to spend more money for the parts to "downgrade" the gun to how I wanted it in the first place. I want one of these enough that I'd probably pay the $800 for the "X-version" anyway, but it's an ongoing frustration that I have with Sig in their marketing before substance approach to everything these days.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I wanted a blocky grip that felt like a Glock, I'd just buy a Glock.

Have you held one of these yet? Every video review I've seen on YouTube says it feels better than a Glock. The grip on the X-Ten is redesigned from the X-grip on the regular P320s. They look much better without the wide bump out over grip next to the beavertail.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Also, Sig is it too much to ask for just a plain nitron version, without the flat trigger and X-grip? If I wanted a blocky grip that felt like a Glock, I'd just buy a Glock.

There are probably very few people in the world that despise how a Glock feels in the hand more than I do.
I’ll say the X Grip feels absolutely nothing like a Glock. It feels very nice actually. I have a 320 9mm with the Wilson grip and this does not feel as good as that but does feel better than the standard 320 grip.

I had a Glock 20 SF for awhile and this thing is way more
Comfortable and does not feel like a huge block in the hand.

I realize that this is just one example looking forward to getting more in to compare. I have not come across a 320 in .45 so I can’t speak for them but I have not come across a 320 in 9mm that was even close to being this sloppy.
I went out and checked every 320 in the case just to be sure and not one had any slop that was even close to being a concern.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

Also, Sig is it too much to ask for just a plain nitron version, without the flat trigger and X-grip? If I wanted a blocky grip that felt like a Glock, I'd just buy a Glock.

There are probably very few people in the world that despise how a Glock feels in the hand more than I do.
I’ll say the X Grip feels absolutely nothing like a Glock. It feels very nice actually. I have a 320 9mm with the Wilson grip and this does not feel as good as that but does feel better than the standard 320 grip.

I had a Glock 20 SF for awhile and this thing is way more
Comfortable and does not feel like a huge block in the hand.

I realize that this is just one example looking forward to getting more in to compare. I have not come across a 320 in .45 so I can’t speak for them but I have not come across a 320 in 9mm that was even close to being this sloppy.
I went out and checked every 320 in the case just to be sure and not one had any slop that was even close to being a concern.

I concur about the X Grip and Wilson being a big upgrade over the stock P320 grip, especially the Wilson.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ok, saying it feels like a Glock may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't care for the squared off X-Grip. It's too blocky and flat on the sides, and as a result doesn't contour naturally to my hand. I have a gun that came with one and ended up swapping it out for the standard grip and don't regret the change one bit.

I'm probably a minority, but my favorite grip is the standard large grip module. I like having some curve in the palm swell.

I hadn't noticed that they deleted the bump on the side by the beavertail. That does look like an improvement. I'll definitely pick one up and handle it the first change I get. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local shop says one might show up Monday if tracking is correct. I plan to check it out...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I'll wait a bit before getting one. I want to see some first hand reviews for a while.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
I think I'll wait a bit before getting one. I want to see some first hand reviews for a while.

Plus, the way Sig operates these days, we are likely to see multiple variations of this gun.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Since I'm still whining, I'd like to see Sig release the grip module separately so people can upgrade their 45acp P320's to the X series grip. Or maybe Wilson Combat can make a new series of grip modules for it in the Full and Carry configurations. What else can I whine about?

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not having a thumb safety as an option?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Yes! That one too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paten,

posted Hide Post
I have a manual safety .45 FCU. Hello, Wilson? Come in, please! Razz

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

This.

My intended use would be open carry in a belt or chest rig for back-country stuff, but all my other SD guns all have frame safeties. I just want it for consistency.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw my first one over the weekend. The grip is amazing. It felt a touch nose heavy but it needs that 5" barrel. The sights were nice. I couldn't try the trigger due to gun show zip tie rules. Price was $849. I'll end up getting one.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Picked one up yesterday for $807.95 (+tax) and am very happy with it. Ran through a box of cheap 200gr target loads without a single hiccup and it was dead on accurate. It has been a few minutes since I have shot either, but it felt a little easier to shoot than the 220SAO-10 or my RIA 1911-10. Maybe “more forgiving” is a better description.

Now for a holster search!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Talked to SIG CS today. They said there is serious discussion of having a thumb safety installed on the current iteration as custom shop/performance shop or whatever-they-call it, option. Stay tuned. But no time-table.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I really like mine.
It is going to be a woods gun and will be carried in a chest holster or a Hill People front pack.
I have small hands but it fits my hand well and the recoil is manageable.
I tried swapping the FCU into an M17 and it fits. I was able to dry fire it and everything seems to function.
However, if you put the standard FCU in the X-Ten frame, you can't fully insert the 10mm magazine.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:

Talked to SIG CS today. They said there is serious discussion of having a thumb safety installed on the current iteration as custom shop/performance shop or whatever-they-call it, option. Stay tuned. But no time-table.

Thanks for checking. I'm tempted to believe, but (in the recent past) getting things like thumb safeties on models that don't have them through SIG's custom shop is..a bit less certain than hoping that SIG will simply put them on the market. Either way, am definitely keeping my eyes peeled.

Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
my LGS has one, handled it last week, much better than my glock, points well, big though def not a CC gun

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post