Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Macro Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I think you are paying the extra for the slide. The separate optics plate location and the compensator cuts. If they eventually sell a non comped version I expect it will be close to the price of an XL.

lol, don't think of it as an expensive 365, think of it as a cheap Spectre Comp 365.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ugh... why 700 bucks? Is there a "standard" version that's closer to the 500 dollar price point of the standard 320/365?

Nope.

You are paying extra for the internal comp.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I don't compete for any reason other than getting better and getting better with guns I might find myself using in real life.

Nothing wrong with that.
Shooting competition is a great way to develop pistol skills if that's all you're after.
In my years of shooting IPSC/IDPA, I was a little more competitive in nature. Wink

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of my buddies are the same way. They love the high end 2011's, comps, gas pedals, parrots, czechmates, etc. Race guns are boring to me, I get the appeal but there is none for me. I like the divisions that are practical. To each his own. The Macro will compete very nicely in those.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think how the Macro would be classed would decide it competitiveness. If you stick it in open because of the comp and optic, it obviously wouldn’t fare as well as production or SSP.

The thing about playing the game is you have to play the game.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea the comp could be a killer. I think if rational minds rule the day , the integral comp on a large scale production gun would be considered stock not open.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
They just need to sell the Grip Module and magazines so people can convert their P365XLs.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yea the comp could be a killer. I think if rational minds rule the day , the integral comp on a large scale production gun would be considered stock not open.

I think in local matches you could probably get away with it in SSP.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am honestly not interested until I shoot one. Even then, I don't see how this does anything interesting.

Personally, I think SIG should take that 17 round magazine and squeeze it into the SIG P210 Carry (with an ambidextrous safety).

Posts: 39 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
They just need to sell the Grip Module and magazines so people can convert their P365XLs.

Wilson needs to make grip modules and of course they’ll sell the mags.
Now we just wait!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Durus
posted Hide Post
This is probably going to be my new EDC, once I have more rounds through it. It is much more comfortable to shoot than my other carry options...that being said it's not like shooting a 228 or 226.

Posts: 199 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: August 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Which raises the obvious question: How long before we see models with 3.9", 4.4" and/or 4.7" barrels? Razz

It's a great position for SIG to be in. There are moments, however, where it reminds me of a dog or cat taking off at full speed and having the hind legs come around the side of the front legs because the front legs aren't moving fast enough to keep up.

Ah, well. I need to get myself down to the range and see how a P320 Compact and a P365XL actually compare when shot side by side.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is thinking about adding a Sig Sauer manual safety to a 365 macro, it is much more difficult to accomplish compared to doing the same
modification to the other P365 models. The
polycarbonate frame on the macro model is thicker
than the other models. After much careful cutting
and filing to reduce frame width of the macro frame
I was finally able to get enough space between the
Safety paddles and the frame to allow the safety to
operate. Not a fun project!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I thought it would be easier than it was. It works but I have since decided to use my Macro as a donor. Donor slide, donor fcu, donor mags. I just put it all in a Wilson Combat grip module with the appropriate baseplate on the 17 round mag and it’s basically a Macro that can go smaller and feels better in my hand.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I had no intention of buying a 365 macro. As I told a co- worker this week. I already have a 320 xcompact and a 320 Xcarry. And I have larger hands so there was no need to get one.

Then I made the mistake of handling one at a guns tore in a neighboring town. I just fell in love with the grip and ergonomics. I ended up getting a LE version. No comp, suppressor sights, magazine funnel and a extra mag. I have a Holosun he507x-gr that I think will mount to it. Just ordered a gcode phenom stealth for it. I think it should carry even better than the xcompact. So I guess I drank the kool aid

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I guess I drank the kool aid

Don't feel bad. So many people have blasted the Macro only to go "hmmmm" once they handle it.

I"m very happy with mine and ditched my P320 X-Carry in favor of the Macro.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy shooting the Macro and have a number of them that have performed well.

While shooting a 365 Macro this afternoon, the gun stopped working properly. It was feeding cartridges, the striker felt like it was releasing, but the round wasn't firing. The cartridge had no mark on the primer. The trigger pull weight also felt lighter.

Initially, I thought I might have a broken striker. I then switched slides with my carry gun, and it still wouldn't fire. I switched to the lower from my carry gun, and everything functioned properly.

Back at home, the Wheeler gauge said the trigger pull was now two pounds lighter. After removing the FCU, we can see part 29 is broken, and I believe not depressing the firing pin block. Will call Sig in the morning.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
What is part 29?

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safety lever.

posted Hide Post
Pistol is on the way back to Sig for repair. Based on the FCU serial
Number, it was a recent manufacture TacOps (with 500 or less rounds on it).

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post