Notify
Tools

P365 Macro Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I normally like the Honest Outlaw videos but that one was like nails on a chalkboard. Too much back and forth with the camera woman. Plus I totally think coming from the custom shop does nothing, nada, zero to the fcu. I have 3 and they are indistinguishable from the normal factory except color in some cases and flat trigger. I doubt they give any extra attention to these.

It cleans up the trigger over stock with the TiN treatment, but it’s very similar to the trigger difference between a regular P226 and a Legion P226. About the same as a good polish job.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds reasonable. I guess I’ve been lucky though because my non custom shop triggers feel the same. They feel like a good striker trigger that doesn’t really need anything done to it.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bean:the salesman could not manage to close the slide by hitting the slide release. He had to grab the slide to unrack it.

I can drop the slide on my Macro with the slide stop/release. But these are often sticky on new guns irrespective of maker, and tend to loosen up with usage.

Posts: 29 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bean:
For those that got one, is the slide extremely tight on the frame?? I saw a youtuber have the same problem. Went to my lgs and. the salesman could not manage to close the slide by hitting the slide release. He had to grab the slide to unrack it.

Got one in the shop today and I could not release the slide with the magazine inserted. Remove the magazine and the slide released no issue.

I’ll say that I really really like the way it felt.

For 17+1 the thing is tiny

I put my 43 with pinky extension on top of the 365 Macro and well here you go.

I’ll have some sort of 365 17+1 itineration.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it’s great Sig is doing this and I almost ordered one when I got the email from Sig but I love my 365X and I already have 15rd mags for it and I just put a Holosun 507K on it and my custom TT Gunleather holster should be here this week so I decided to just stick with what I already have.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled the Macro at the gunshow yesterday. It did feel good in the hand. Cheapest price I saw was $879. I can't afford that. My opinion is if you already have the 365XL, it isn't worth buying the Macro. Just wait on the 17 rd mags to be available. I'm sure it will be a while before they release the Macro grip module. Maybe Wilson will get one out.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
This clearly isn't meant as a concealed carry gun, but as a duty gun for people with small hands. SIG will sell a ton of these to law enforcement agencies. Wouldn't surprise me if they came up with larger grip modules like they have for the P320/P250.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
This clearly isn't meant as a concealed carry gun,.

See Black92's picture above with a G43 overlaid (a fan favorite for carry) and there's not much difference in size except maybe the thickness by a bit which doesn't show in the picture. I'll admit I've not handled one, but it seems to fits as a carry gun. Hell, I carried a G19 until I got my G43. I guess I should hold my opinions until I can get my mitts on one. None of the gun shops I frequent around here have any in stock and it's the price point that keeps me from seriously pursuing one.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
This clearly isn't meant as a concealed carry gun

Carried mine yesterday wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt. Now I am a bigger guy but it carries much easier than my P320 Compact or X-Carry.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
This clearly isn't meant as a concealed carry gun, but as a duty gun for people with small hands. SIG will sell a ton of these to law enforcement agencies.

I think it is a great CC gun. Could certainly do without the comp portion of the slide in my opinion.
I don’t really see it becoming a primary duty weapon for any agency. Individual officers in departments that allow them to choose what they carry, maybe. Not a chance any department of note will have the 365 Macro as their primary duty weapon.
Plain clothes, non traditional, bike uniform, polo/khaki, class B stuff sure it will be approved for that.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
That is like saying “the Glock 19 clearly isn’t a concealed carry gun”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E_Rock81:
I like it a lot. It’s like a p320 full size slim. I’ve always had problems with gun grips being too thick so this is a welcomed addition. I’ll wait for the non-comped slide version though.

The grip size is a lower profile than my G48 and the barrel is shorter than the G48.
A non comped 4.25” slide with thumb safety and the optic plate independent of the rear sight would be just about perfect with this improved Macro grip.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Put another 100 through it today, all defensive rounds, and zero issues.

The guy that was running the range was interested in it so I let him shoot a mag through it. He was surprised how quick the follow up shots went.

Overall I'm very happy with my Macro.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somebody is going to run this in a match and realize its just as fast, maybe faster, than its bigger counterparts. If I find one, that somebody may just be me. lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
I handled the Macro at the gunshow yesterday. It did feel good in the hand. Cheapest price I saw was $879. I can't afford that. My opinion is if you already have the 365XL, it isn't worth buying the Macro. Just wait on the 17 rd mags to be available. I'm sure it will be a while before they release the Macro grip module. Maybe Wilson will get one out.

I'm a fan of the 365 platform, but for almost $900, I'll pass on the macro.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Somebody is going to run this in a match and realize its just as fast, maybe faster, than its bigger counterparts. If I find one, that somebody may just be me. lol

Don't look for the P365 Macro to take the competition world by storm anytime soon.

What do you think the P365 Macro is? A Glock 26 wanna-be? Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. No, I don't think it will take the competition world by storm. I shoot most matches with what I consider real guns. I do have a Shadow 2 and while it's a real gun, it's a real gun without a firing pin block which relegates it to range use/matches to me.

Most of my match guns are what you consider normal carry or duty guns. That was my point.

I think race guns are cool and fun to shoot but I don't own them nor do I personally want to.

That video looks like a must watch for me. lol

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ha ha. No, I don't think it will take the competition world by storm. I shoot most matches with what I consider real guns. I do have a Shadow 2 and while it's a real gun, it's a real gun without a firing pin block which relegates it to range use/matches to me.

Most of my match guns are what you consider normal carry or duty guns. That was my point.

I think race guns are cool and fun to shoot but I don't own them nor do I personally want to.

That video looks like a must watch for me. lol

Even among normal carry/duty guns, the P365 for competition would be pretty low in the pecking order compared to pistols like the P320, Glock19, M&P 2.0, etc. for most people that are looking for maximum performance.
I'm sure Max Michel could show up at a local match and beat most people but you'll never see him shoot for a major title with one for good reason.

I enjoyed the video as well. The G26 is an amazing little pistol.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess you really are missing my point. I have found that the smaller circumference of the 365X's have led to a weird inversion of expectations. I am shooting the X versions of the 365 just as faster and perhaps faster than my G19 or 320 (I don't shoot these much anymore). For people who like to compete with their carry guns this is a no brainer.

My match guns usually are G19's or CZ75 compacts usually P01. I don't compete for any reason other than getting better and getting better with guns I might find myself using in real life.

The Macro is going to be a great carry gun for guys who like G19 sized platforms. Not many people prefer thicker guns for carry. If you can run a Macro as fast as a G19 it kind of becomes silly to carry bigger. If you can't then carry the bigger gun. I am in the first category though and I would bet many will find themselves there as well.

Gamer types will never gravitate here.

When this gets out in a lot of hands I think it will compete very well with every gun you mentioned. The only disadvantage is barrel length and I don't really think that is a big disadvantage. We shall see.

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Ugh... why 700 bucks? Is there a "standard" version that's closer to the 500 dollar price point of the standard 320/365?

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post