Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Macro Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any truth that the next P365 iteration will be belt-fed out of a backpack!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Why would "optics" matter? They're not getting rid of the smaller versions to sell this one. Either people buy it or the won't. Is there any valid reason for people who don't feel the need to own this gun to be bothered by it's presence in SIGs portfolio? If there is, I'd like to hear it.

They wouldn't have developed this permutation of the P365 design unless they had market research showing demand for it. SIGs market research has been pretty spot on with the whole P365 line. I wouldn't be betting against them.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
<snip>

I get the angst. Sig is its own worst enemy. The optics of making a tiny gun and then continually making it bigger seems idiotic. In this case it is not though. This gun is ground breaking. With one FFL purchase you can have a tiny pocket gun or you can incrementally make it all the way up to a 17+1 gun. One fcu.

<snip>

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Well that'll just be oh-so-swell runnin' with 10 round magazines. I'm thinking SIG isn't really thinking about what this REALLY does for us behind the Iron Curtain.

But it does sorta makes the statement, "Who needs a chunky P320?"

Why would anyone buy that version knowing they were limited to a ten round magazine when other version suit the need so much better/

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well half the opinions on this thread are about optics. Did you read the posts? Let me summarize. It’s a small gun that Sig is making much bigger wtf. Optics.

If you just look at the gun with zero bias it’s a G19ish sized gun with 2 extra rounds, built in comp, optics ready, and very slim. If it was called a Sig 487 nobody would be bashing it for being the largest macro 365 ever built.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Well that'll just be oh-so-swell runnin' with 10 round magazines. I'm thinking SIG isn't really thinking about what this REALLY does for us behind the Iron Curtain.

But it does sorta makes the statement, "Who needs a chunky P320?"

Why would anyone buy that version knowing they were limited to a ten round magazine when other version suit the need so much better/

Probably for the same kinds of reasons why we continue to sell neutered 10-round G19s and G19Xs to NEW gun owners far more than the comparable profile G48. This is supposed to be the age of the carry-friendly form factor, yet the larger "double-stack" Glocks still rule our gun sales, even amongst those who never stocked up on the standard cap mags for any of those guns prior to their banning. Frankly I thought more buyers would look harder at the G48, but so far a month+ into the ban, this just hasn't happened.

Some I guess just want a bigger, more confidence-inspiring form factor in a gun, and I wouldn't bet against SIG at some point making a version of the Macro for us behind the Iron Curtain as well, especially if Springfield does the same with the Hellcat Pro. SIG already makes 10-round mags for the XL and X P365s (we got our first neutered XLs a couple of weeks ago).

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only read through page 1, but it’s good to see I’m not alone in spring madness here. Everyone was dying for smaller. Subcompact is too big! Need a MICRO! Cool got it. But now it’s too small! Make it bigger! No, even bigger!

I can understand that SIG sees they have a winner and are gonna milk it for all it’s worth. But c’mon people.

Imagine people were like: the P230/232 is awesome but it’s a bit small. Let’s make it bigger! Now let’s make it in .38 super and 10mm! FFS.

Seriously though, if they release it in diamond plate rainbow finish, I’m in!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I checked one out at the local store. I'm not into the comp upper but I could see myself getting one of the grip modules and some mags.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
This is one of the most bizarre discussions I’ve seen about handgun models.

“Did you see that‽ Now they’re offering strawberry-flavored Cheerios! I hate strawberry flavored cereals.”
“Oh, no. Did they discontinue the normal kind?”
“No, that’s still available. But I hate strawberry!!!”
“Well, why don’t you just buy the regular kind and not the strawberry-flavored kind?”
“Because I hate strawberry; they ruined the line.”
“Um …; can’t you just ignore the strawberry ones?”
“No!!! Don’t you understand‽ I hate them.”

Roll Eyes

I am, BTW, following this thread only because I will be curious to see what people will think of the “Macro” when they have it in hand. The histrionics are making that a little tough, though.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still stand by my observation that if it had started big as the Macro and then shrunk it there would be zero angst. This is not a bad thing. At all. One gun to do it all. One FCU that is.

They even did the price right. The built in comp isn’t for everyone but that’s an easy fix to just pick up an XL slide.

When people start shooting this 1 inch thick gun that is 17+1 as well or better than bigger options I think it will make this discussion seem trite.

The 365 shoots way better than a micro should shoot. I suspect the full-size version will be a very fast shooter. For my medium size hands the smaller grip means I get a really good grip and really good control of the gun.

This gun will stand on its own just fine. The fact that for a 30 buck grip module and a mag you can make it tiny as well is a great bonus.

Cue the rainbow finish guys though lol.

Posts: 7469 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:

When people start shooting this 1 inch thick gun that is 17+1 as well or better than bigger options I think it will make this discussion seem trite.

With the skinny slide and grip, the P365 will never shoot as soft as a P320, G17, G19 for the vast majority of people. I will also go out on a very large limb and say the P365 will not hold up as well when subjected to higher round counts. If you're suggesting the P365 Macro is a viable replacement for a G17/G19/P320 as a light duty substitute for some, then I agree.

I predict this version will be the least popular version of the P365 by far once the hoopla dies down.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All I know is that the Mini Mega Macro is gonna be the sweet spot in the line-up!

Now, some of you boys and girls are confounded by the complaints and sarcasm. That's fine. You just be good little consumers and lap up whatever they're giving you.

After all, it's not as if SIG has had any other designs besides the P320 and the P365.

I believe it was Ron Cohen who said quite a few years ago that he wants SIG-Sauer to become known primarily as a rifle producer. Many of us scoffed at that, but we see evidence of that direction now.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
the Mini Mega Macro is gonna be the sweet spot in the line-up!

Can't you just hear Phil Strader saying that now? Big Grin

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do wonder about high round count longevity of these smaller pistols. On the other hand I totally disagree that bigger pistols will be faster. Totally disagree. (and I’m talking this gun vs g19 sized guns, not a CZ Parrot, apples to skinnier apples lol) This macro is G19 sized in every basic way except grip circumference. You are assuming that is a bad thing. I think for every hand there is a perfect size where the curves defining control and size cross. That is different for everyone. I think smaller hands aren’t getting any benefit from a grip that is too big. When these get out there I almost guarantee that many probably smaller stature shooters will find they manipulate and shoot faster with a gun that fits them better. The recoil characteristics from the same sized barrel and slide aren’t going to be worse by much. We can argue bigger heavier guns have less felt recoil but lighter slides have less reciprocating mass but there’s a comp and and and. Bottom line it’s a 9mm in a nearly identical format other than being thinner and slightly lighter. Yet with a grip shape and circumference that many will find appealing. Times will improve for many. They will for me I bet. I already shoot my X gripped ones as well as my Glock.

We shall see. (I agree it won’t sell as well as the 365)

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I predict this version will be the least popular version of the P365 by far once the hoopla dies down.

I believe the SAS will hold that title, dealers around me have had trouble moving them even when they drop the price to dealer cost.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SAS is a definite love or hate situation. I think they will sell pretty well. At the stated price it’s a cheap way to build a Spectre Comp.

$349 bucks for an FCU, plus $499 for the comped slide from Sig (which is crazy but there it is), you basically getting the barrel, RSA, grip module, and 2 17 round mags for free. That math makes some sense. I bought my Spectre Comp for 1099 I believe. I felt a bit like a chump doing it but now I know I was a chump. lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

I believe the SAS will hold that title, dealers around me have had trouble moving them even when they drop the price to dealer cost.

It's that way for us. All other P365 variants sell far better than the SAS.

Personally I detest that foul Meprolight Bull's-Eye sight; I put one on one of my G19s years ago only to discover just how debilitating it had been to the usability of the Glock.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think smaller hands aren’t getting any benefit from a grip that is too big. When these get out there I almost guarantee that many probably smaller stature shooters will find they manipulate and shoot faster with a gun that fits them better. The recoil characteristics from the same sized barrel and slide aren’t going to be worse by much. We can argue bigger heavier guns have less felt recoil but lighter slides have less reciprocating mass but there’s a comp and and and. Bottom line it’s a 9mm in a nearly identical format other than being thinner and slightly lighter. Yet with a grip shape and circumference that many will find appealing. Times will improve for many. They will for me I bet. I already shoot my X gripped ones as well as my Glock.

We shall see. (I agree it won’t sell as well as the 365)

When you say "smaller hands", are you talking about normal sized people or the Munchkin/Midget/Carny sized folks?
I dumped mine because I couldn't come close to dropping the magazine without shifting my grip.

-- George Orwell

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The entire P365 was designed for concealed carry. Therefore it was designed to be narrow. As we see SIG is playing with the other dimension, but the thin stays in. Even this version is designed for CCW as tall as it is. So their willing to sacrifice some level of shootability to maintain that narrowness for concealment/comfort reasons.

Well, sort of. Adding the comped slide is a way making the gun softer shooting. It would be interesting to do a shoot comparison between the P365 XMacro vs a stock, uncomped G19 to see which is actually softer shooting. Of course the XMacro is giving up velocity to the Glock.

quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

With the skinny slide and grip, the P365 will never shoot as soft as a P320, G17, G19 for the vast majority of people. I will also go out on a very large limb and say the P365 will not hold up as well when subjected to higher round counts. If you're suggesting the P365 Macro is a viable replacement for a G17/G19/P320 as a light duty substitute for some, then I agree.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’m 5’8” and wear medium gloves. It’s like I said, not every hand is the same. If the 365 is too small for you you won’t shoot it faster. In my hand I don’t touch the mag release without conscious effort. The reduced circumference is just about perfect. I have toyed with trying the WC grip but haven’t yet. This grip fits me better than my favorite all time pistol, the CZ75 family. I can wrap my mitts around a bigger percentage of the circumference. That equates to more control even though the gun is smaller.

I’m not the first person to notice or comment on this phenomenon. In the future when nanobots make your ammo as you need it and there is no requirement for a magwell the grip shape/size will not be anything like a G19. The grip size/shape is universally dictated at a minimum by the magazine. Make the mag smaller (or nonexistent) and the grip will change. Pretending that a bigger grip is better across the board is a ludicrous statement. If you got bear hands bigger works for you. I still suspect that unencumbered by magazine restraints it would still be smaller than you suspect.

As for theComp it works. On a timer I am shooting my 365 X as fast as my G19. Any difference is negligible or goes back and forth depending on the run. That’s a experiment of one but I didn’t believe it at first either.

The only thing that doesn’t work as well for me is with the standard 365 grip module I have to shift my grip on mag drops or it hangs up on my palm. On the X I have no issue.

Would love to see someone try this our back to back on a timer. I think the results would clearly surprise some folks.

As for loss of velocity (.9 inch) that doesn’t even register on my give a shit meter.

posted Hide Post
I wish this had been released earlier in the spring when I was shopping for a hot summer carry option to wear with light weight shorts. I was looking at a 365X and XL, or a G43x. I ended up getting a smokin' deal on the 43x that already had upgraded sights and the S15 mags for less than a 365xl so that's what I chose. Looking back, getting the XL and then eventually a macro sized module and mags (when available) would have been a less costly option, as I am now also looking for a late fall/winter option that is a bit larger. Had I gotten the XL, I could have the slide length I want and also be able to swap modules to go even smaller or larger on grip depending on my intended purpose and time of year. Interesting stuff from Sig- each new release doesn't make it a perfect option for everyone, but when you are able to swap and mod with only ONE FCU...it becomes a very flexible and customizable option for anyone. Maybe I'll give my 43x another summer and see what Sig does next, haha. Either way, I still also want a 320, and a....oh, nevermind.

Posts: 11 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 14, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post