SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauer228:
I think 32 years after the fact is a lil' late to the party.

So what is your point? That they’re too late and therefore should just stay home and watch reruns of old movies? Really, what do you believe they should do? Not pursue the project at all and thereby let the cartridge continue its long, slow slide into oblivion rather than attempting to satisfy an expressed desire by many people for a SIG that’s chambered for the round?

Perhaps you get it, but I certainly don’t understand what you’re getting at other than, perhaps, that SIG should have jumped in when it was the cool thing to do rather than waiting until they thought that the market was right for such a pistol.

You ask: "What's my point" ?

Go back and re-read my original post. I clearly spelled out my point.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you keep trolling this thread, you'll regret it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you keep trolling this thread, you'll regret it.

As a member since 2003 and offering my opinion in this thread, you're saying I'm "trolling" ?
....really?

If it upsets you that much, I'll refrain from posting any further in this thread.

.....long live the 10mm

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, it has nothing to do with your registration date. I'm saying you're trolling the thread for the simple reason that you're trolling the thread. You're not making any sense and the only reason I can see for this nonsense from you, is to elicit a reaction.

Not another word.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, it has nothing to do with your registration date. I'm saying you're trolling the thread for the simple reason that you're trolling the thread. You're not making any sense and the only reason I can see for this nonsense from you, is to elicit a reaction.

Not another word.

Ok, I agree with you on a single point....
Not another word.

/Carry on

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you post once again in this thread, I am going to remove you from this forum. You are trying my patience.

One way or another, you're going to be quiet right now.

Banned
posted Hide Post
nvm

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're gone

posted Hide Post
Im loving the introduction of a 10mm, but id love it even more if it were in a P227 Dark Elite...... i can dream cant i?

Posts: 75 | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
That Lipseys announcement says shipping in March/April 2015 and all their listed models have adjustable sights. Could somebody at the Shot Show ask if that fixed sight model shown at the range on Monday was just a T&E pistol or if it is an actual model that will be shipping sometime later?

Posts: 3365 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
That Lipseys announcement says shipping in March/April 2015 and all their listed models have adjustable sights. Could somebody at the Shot Show ask if that fixed sight model shown at the range on Monday was just a T&E pistol or if it is an actual model that will be shipping sometime later?

LDD said in his report here -

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...720056173#9720056173

quote:
Well, first off, there was only one 10mm at Range Day. Not one model, one gun: the P220 SAO in stainless. It was a production model, with only factory QA test rounds down the pipe before it was put to work today.

I'm anxious to see if this holds true or what becomes available. This gun did not have the rosewood grip either but I'm guessing that is not a true indicator of whether or not this is a production configuration as it was shown there.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Just a small point I'd like to make, there are 111 models discontinued at this time in just the pistols section of the Sig Sauer site. I dont know how many long guns. I can't guess how many models Sig currently offers in pistols but it is many. Consider that sinse just the late 1970's and it would be fair to say they are a young gun manufacturer.

By contrast, Colt has been making guns for what 160 years or more and still can't get passed the same old offerings in a 1911. Cripes, most of their revolvers are no longer available

If one takes into account all the different models and variations Sig Sauer has made in the most popular defense gun calibers, it would be accurate to say there has never been a gun manufacturer so versatile and productive. Add to that, the P 210's, X guns and there is no company in the firearms industry who can even come close. Heck, Sig has even been fairly innovative in the polymer guns market.

It's only been in recent times that the 10mm guns have gained interest of shooters and they didn't let any grass grow bringing them to market.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:

quote:
Well, first off, there was only one 10mm at Range Day. Not one model, one gun: the P220 SAO in stainless. It was a production model, with only factory QA test rounds down the pipe before it was put to work today.

I'm anxious to see if this holds true or what becomes available. This gun did not have the rosewood grip either but I'm guessing that is not a true indicator of whether or not this is a production configuration as it was shown there.

March/April is really sooner than I expected, especially given Sig only had one of them for SHOT to show and I assume shoot. Time to start saving.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:

quote:

March/April is really sooner than I expected, especially given Sig only had one of them for SHOT to show and I assume shoot. Time to start saving.

I started saving when the thread first appeared in September

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April is tax time. For me that means: pay what I still "owe" from the previous year -and- pay my second installment on quarterlies. We never get ahead of the tax man. Mad Just paid first quarter, which drained my gun fund. Mad Mad

I will find a way to come up with the money though.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
There's a couple of discrepancies on what is actually coming out that are screwing with my mind. The SigSauer news release on the 12th says one thing. The "Exclusivity" announcement from Lipseys says something different. I guess I'm just going to have to believe what I see when these pistols actually come out.

Or... I guess someone can actually go to Lipseys booth at the Shot Show and confirm whether their announcement is correct or not.

Lipsey’s (Booth #11329)

Posts: 3365 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tengoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
The finish issue was annoying, but I'm truly disappointed that the DA/SA won't have fixed sights.

Would it not be possible to replace the adjustable sights with fixed? [Please be kind...I'm relatively new to the Sig world].

Posts: 103 | Location: Just east of the Canadian Rockies | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Just a small point I'd like to make, there are 111 models discontinued at this time in just the pistols section of the Sig Sauer site. I dont know how many long guns. I can't guess how many models Sig currently offers in pistols but it is many. Consider that sinse just the late 1970's and it would be fair to say they are a young gun manufacturer.

By contrast, Colt has been making guns for what 160 years or more and still can't get passed the same old offerings in a 1911. Cripes, most of their revolvers are no longer available

If one takes into account all the different models and variations Sig Sauer has made in the most popular defense gun calibers, it would be accurate to say there has never been a gun manufacturer so versatile and productive. Add to that, the P 210's, X guns and there is no company in the firearms industry who can even come close. Heck, Sig has even been fairly innovative in the polymer guns market.

It's only been in recent times that the 10mm guns have gained interest of shooters and they didn't let any grass grow bringing them to market.

I'm not understanding the purpose of this post considering we are talking about the P220. I like what Colt makes and would probably not be the first in line if they offered some plastic 9mm striker fire the same way some people scoffed at SIGs new designs, BUT Colt being mainly a 1911 company and mainly .45s has cost them dearly while SIGs innovation and variety of products has made them into a much stronger company, I just don't see what Colt has to do with this discussion unless maybe we are comparing the P220 to the Delta Elite?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, Bruce, and everyone else involved with this project.

I've been shooting and hunting with a custom 10mm 1911 for many years and often considered ordering a Grayguns 10mm to replace my 1911. I'm really looking forward to these new 10mm Sigs. My newest Sig is my M11-A1 and it is the best functioning/shooting pistol I have ever owned - including any of the old German Sigs (P226/P228/P245) I have had over the years.

All of the colors, etc (sprinkles) are not too important to me as long as it is reliable and accurate.

Keith

Posts: 66 | Location: TX | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tengoo:
Would it not be possible to replace the adjustable sights with fixed? [Please be kind...I'm relatively new to the Sig world].

The cuts for the sights in the frames of the specimens I’ve seen pictured here are significantly different. Although it might be possible to mount some sort of fixed sight to the adjustable sight versions, it wouldn’t be possible to mount a factory rear fixed sight as far as I can tell.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post