SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoneBallisticInAlabama:

But lots of bad stuff going on in the family right now...

Hope everything starts looking up soon.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Going to the gun show today. Maybe I'll see one there.

ETA: Back from the gun show. Didn't see one there but one of the salesman assured me they had one earlier and sold it already. A likely story.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paten,

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the SAO with Sig-Lites? Smile

I bought some Hodgdon Longshot yesterday.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

and sold it already.

I could have sold mine five times.

There seems to be a huge untapped market right now.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Durys that they will be receiving all 300 GT20S by May 15th. They attribute the delay to the grip manufacturer, and also reaffirm that they're will be an extra mag included as a thank you for our patience.
As an aside, I stopped at my LGS today and asked what they had for 10mm semi autos (besides the glocks).
The only thing they had to offer was a Nighthawk for $4000. I'd never actually seem a $4000 handgun before, so after my shock wore off, i asked about the SIG P220 specifically, and he told me that they had a match elite in, but it was gone in less than a day.
I thought i was ballin' by spending $1300 on the Sig, apparently I'm still in the low income bracket. Smile

Posts: 20 | Registered: February 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Got mine today and took it straight to the range for a brief testing. Functioned 100%, shot a little to left at 15 yards, grouped well with the only 10MM ammo I had. Decent DA/SA trigger. Overall very happy. Smile

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the report Gary. Congrats!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:

I notice the Norma ammunition. Is that what you shot in your SIG? I have two boxes just like that but have been a bit reticent to shoot it.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold mine, and good riddance. sig was not helpful with any of the issues with my 10mm and p227. they dont seem to have a clue about QC. but thats my experience dealing with them.

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
I sold mine, and good riddance. sig was not helpful with any of the issues with my 10mm and p227. they dont seem to have a clue about QC. but thats my experience dealing with them.

I don't consider the mag release issue to be sufficient warrant to sell my P220 10mm. I've been waiting too long and the gun is great other than that one small thing.

Was your issue with the P227 the 14 round mags? I think it's extreme to claim SIG doesn't "have a clue about QC".

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:

I don't consider the mag release issue to be sufficient warrant to sell my P220 10mm. I've been waiting too long and the gun is great other than that one small thing.

Was your issue with the P227 the 14 round mags? I think it's extreme to claim SIG doesn't "have a clue about QC".

I'm with SIGWolf on this. I consider the mag issue to be trivial at most. I would not even consider selling mine over this.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If a little bit of resistance for a mag insertion was cause to sell the gun, I would have very few left. Hell I would probably have to pay someone to take my AR since I have to slap the piss out of the mags when they are loaded to get them to seat.
They drop free with no issue which is a larger concern for me. 95% of the time on reloads I am slapping the mags anyway.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Yes SiGWolf I did shoot that box of Norma Ammo as it was all I had at the time as my other ammo is with my brother as I'm between moving. The Gunshop didn't have any 10MM ammo either so I have to pick some up. On a side note I got an Email from Sig on 5/1 with an offer for two free Sig Magazines and a Rangebag on any Sig P Series and 1911s' which I will fill out tomorrow to send in. I figure it's about $100 of free stuff. Smile

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes SiGWolf I did shoot that box of Norma Ammo as it was all I had at the time as my other ammo is with my brother as I'm between moving. The Gunshop didn't have any 10MM ammo either so I have to pick some up. On a side note I got an Email from Sig on 5/1 with an offer for two free Sig Magazines and a Rangebag on any Sig P Series and 1911s' which I will fill out tomorrow to send in. I figure it's about $100 of free stuff. Smile

Did you verify with Sig that a Match Elite 10mm falls under the "Classic Line?"
The free stuff is not for all P Series guns from my reading.
Hopefully for you it counts. I bought mine a week ago so no goods for me either way.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got the same notices. However, as I read it, while the P220 is listed without restriction as to model or caliber, the purchase has to be between May 1 and 31, 2015. The only exclusion is for X-Series and .22LR guns according to the fine print.

So, anyone who purchased it prior to May 1, is out of luck.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

How was the Norma ammo?

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How was the Norma ammo?

http://s208.photobucket.com/us.../image.jpg2.jpg.html

I was surprised the Norma didn't recoil more than what I remember out of my Bren Ten or my Witness Pro. I think the Sig 10MM will become very popular amoung fans of the 10MM. It can safely be decocked unlike the Bren and Witness and has a larger slide area to be gripped to cycle the slide. For those who miss the S&W 10MM Autos it will be a good replacement.

posted Hide Post
Is the free stuff offer from sending the purchase of new gun or is it a member only email or something?

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excitebikemike:
Is the free stuff offer from sending the purchase of new gun or is it a member only email or something?

Open to everyone. Click here

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post