SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
This pix comes from Lipsey's. It looks to me like a shortened beaver tail rather than the full tail from the Elite series.

Can anyone else confirm or deny?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Very disappointed in all of you. Now, because of all of you (especially Tom's video), I am forced to part with not-so-excess money again.

You people are the debil, y'hear? The debil.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
His point was you'd want adjustable because of a shooters likelihood of playing around with all the various choices in ammo would necessitate variable sights (elevation mostly).

I understand the logic, but I wonder how many shooters will really want to use the full range of options presented by the 10mm out of the same pistol. My WAG is that many will stick with a fairly defined range of bullet weights and that a choice of replaceable fixed rear sights would meet their needs with a little less bulk, a little less weight, and a few more options in terms of what kind of rear sight to use.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

I am forced to part with not-so-excess money again.

It can't be that bad. When I heard of a 10mm Sig, I put up all my extra gun parts on eBay. Later I sold some old boots, train sets, Legos, etc...

I made enough to get the 10mm and had extra that helped me wrap my mitts around a 38 super from 1987.

You'd be surprised at what you can part with when proper motivation presents itself.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've zero desire for adjustable sights on a pistol, ever. I have rifles for those distances, tweaks, etc.

I'm in interested in 10mm users, service pistols, that *might* one day, also, shoot a four-legged critter.

That's it. No FDE, no "camo", no rainbow titanium, I actually want no sprinkles, just a useful, basic, 10mm.

It's a mix of amazement that it's being made at all, and a frustrating disappointment at the hows/particulars.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

I am forced to part with not-so-excess money again.

It can't be that bad. When I heard of a 10mm Sig, I put up all my extra gun parts on eBay. Later I sold some old boots, train sets, Legos, etc...

I made enough to get the 10mm and had extra that helped me wrap my mitts around a 38 super from 1987.

You'd be surprised at what you can part with when proper motivation presents itself.

No kidding the Legos too huh? Big Grin Did you by chance post up your new .38 Super for us to enjoy while waiting on your 10mm gun?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I've zero desire for adjustable sights on a pistol, ever. I have rifles for those distances, tweaks, etc.

I'm in interested in 10mm users, service pistols, that *might* one day, also, shoot a four-legged critter.

That's it. No FDE, no "camo", no rainbow titanium, I actually want no sprinkles, just a useful, basic, 10mm.

It's a mix of amazement that it's being made at all, and a frustrating disappointment at the hows/particulars.

People just need to have some of this..

Pa´tience Pronunciation: pā´shens
n. 1. The state or quality of being patient; the power of suffering with fortitude; uncomplaining endurance of evils or wrongs, as toil, pain, poverty, insult, oppression, calamity, etc.
Strengthened with all might, . . . unto all patience and long-suffering.
- Col. i. 11.
I must have patience to endure the load.
- Shak.
Who hath learned lowliness
From his Lord's cradle, patience from his cross.
- Keble.
2. The act or power of calmly or contentedly waiting for something due or hoped for; forbearance.
Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
- Matt. xviii. 29.
3. Constancy in labor or application; perseverance.
He learned with patience, and with meekness taught.
- Harte.
4. Sufferance; permission.
They stay upon your patience.

Notice the word power in there used more than once. You just have to wait for the power, K?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds like you could find what you need here.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Smile

I have 10mm tupperware already. But thanks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

You and I are of like mind on this. But I would point out that it looks like the reverse two tone DA/SA will fit the bill as it is now anticipated that it will come with fixed sights.

Cosmetically, I'd prefer all black or all stainless, but beggars can't be choosers and at least it isn't rainbow.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will probably end up getting the two-tone. I would consider the all stainless if it came with the black grips. For some reason, wood grips just don't give me wood. Yeah, I know I could just replace the grips but that means even more money put into it.

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I would point out that it looks like the reverse two tone DA/SA will fit the bill as it is now anticipated that it will come with fixed sights.

What bullet weight will the fixed sights be set for? Does anyone know?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
But I would point out that it looks like the reverse two tone DA/SA will fit the bill as it is now anticipated that it will come with fixed sights.

What bullet weight will the fixed sights be set for? Does anyone know?

I can't speak for Sig but they were shooting 200 and/or 220 gr at the shot show.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
This pix comes from Lipsey's. It looks to me like a shortened beaver tail rather than the full tail from the Elite series.

Can anyone else confirm or deny?

I can only confirm that is the model I want so I hope it comes just like that.
I may also buy one with adjustable sights but this one I like the most...so far. Big Grin

Posts: 409 | Registered: November 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I really don't care THAT much about sprinkles, but... I have to admit, the description of the narrow grips on the 10mm kinda gives ya a chub.

Will the narrow grips be available on anything except the Guntalk model? I'm a fan of Guntalk, but not a fan of having unnecessary graphics on my sidearms. I likes 'em with naked slides and such...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Hmmm. A little SuperBlack on the frame and that would be dynamite. A little Nitron on the frame from the factory and that would be heaven - or one of two identical versions in the battery, depending on how you look at it and how long it would take me to come up with the scratch.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Is there a prize for the first member here to get their P220 10mm? Big Grin

Bruce and Tom don't count!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Is there a prize for the first member here to get their P220 10mm? Big Grin

That would be cool. I preordered a GT20 in January and can hardly wait.

Now all I'd have to do is figure out how to get a picture on the forum.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do I have a problem if I ordered 700 rounds of ammo last weekend for a gun I don't have yet? Can't wait till they ship!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Do I have a problem if I ordered 700 rounds of ammo last weekend for a gun I don't have yet? Can't wait till they ship!

Your only problem is that you waited so long Smile