SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I saw a bumper sticker on a truck yesterday which said.

"10mm, because shooting something more than once is just dumb."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I just not seeing it or the 10mm 220's still not on the Sig website?

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
For those that are wondering - Jason is The Man. don't let anyone else tell you different.

'Nuff said. Wink

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
For those that are wondering - Jason is The Man. don't let anyone else tell you different.

'Nuff said. Wink

Bethany said Jason was not the man, She was.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone else see Sig putting the 227 in 10mm if the 220/10mm is a success?

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

'Nuff said. Wink

Bethany said Jason was not the man, She was.

Big Grin

Yes she is!

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason at Lipsey's:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to clarify the specs on the three 5" guns we will be doing. The reverse two-tone DA/SA model will have fixed night sights. The SAO natural stainless & rosewood grip and the SAO Nitron & G10 model will have adjustable rear sights with white dot (contrast) front sight. Initially, the sight setups were swapped, but feedback from SHOT Show at both Sig's and our booth indicated that the majority of people wanted adjustable sights on the SAO models and fixed sights on the DA/SA. Later in the year we should have two 4.4" DA/SA models one in Nitron and the other natural stainless that will both have fixed night sights.

Thanks,

Jason Cloessner
Lipsey's

Now I'm confused. I've seen pictures of a reverse two tone, SAO, with adjustable sights, 5". Is that not going to be made?

Basee on what you have written here, it looks like the 5" reverse two tone will be SA/DA with fixed sights. The original pictures showed three SAO models, two with fixed sights (Stainless and Nitron) and one with adjustable sights (reverse two tone) and all in SAO.

Just want to clarify so I know what to tell me FFL.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to clarify the specs on the three 5" guns we will be doing. The reverse two-tone DA/SA model will have fixed night sights. The SAO natural stainless & rosewood grip and the SAO Nitron & G10 model will have adjustable rear sights with white dot (contrast) front sight. Initially, the sight setups were swapped, but feedback from SHOT Show at both Sig's and our booth indicated that the majority of people wanted adjustable sights on the SAO models and fixed sights on the DA/SA. Later in the year we should have two 4.4" DA/SA models one in Nitron and the other natural stainless that will both have fixed night sights.

Thanks,

Jason Cloessner
Lipsey's

Now I'm confused. I've seen pictures of a reverse two tone, SAO, with adjustable sights, 5". Is that not going to be made?

Basee on what you have written here, it looks like the 5" reverse two tone will be SA/DA with fixed sights. The original pictures showed three SAO models, two with fixed sights (Stainless and Nitron) and one with adjustable sights (reverse two tone) and all in SAO.

Feedback on the guns at SHOT SHOW caused them to change the sights on the model. The pics were from Shot Show.
What is listed there are the configurations.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks,

Jason Cloessner
Lipsey's

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but how can he clarify it any more than he just did?

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but how can he clarify it any more than he just did?

Make that a CONFIRMATION then, rather than clarification.

My question is based on the the way SIG tends to announce and distribute new offerings. Often the specs are not complete, they change before there is shipment or after the guns are in production. Pictures don't reflect the specs, this is true even on the Lipsey site where the all stainless is listed with adjustable sights but the picture still has the night sights and models that are coming out are not announced until later, so you might buy into one model only to find the one you really want is also available at the same time.

LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
SI220R510SSESAO
P220 SS ELITE 10MM SAO 5" AS
220R5-10-SSE-SAO|ROSEWOOD GRPS
10mm
UPC: 798681424917 MFG MDL #: 220R5-10-SSE-SAO

So, specs on this gun have changed, pictures that are here in the thread do not always reflect the specs. I'm simply clarifying and confirming so I can tell my FFL what I want them to order and so they will order the right thing.

Initially all guns were SAO and so on. Things still seem a little fluid, so I'm simply trying to make sure I'm reading it right.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Jason's first post in this thread explains everything you need to know. What the configurations are now and that they were updated following feedback from SHOT Show.

His second post clarifies that the pictures are wrong and in his fourth post he says that he will post links to the pages when they have been updated.

What else needs to be addressed?

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Wow. Roll Eyes

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sprinkles Syndrome

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Jason's first post in this thread explains everything you need to know. What the configurations are now and that they were updated following feedback from SHOT Show.

His second post clarifies that the pictures are wrong and in his fourth post he says that he will post links to the pages when they have been updated.

What else needs to be addressed?

Whatdayagot stuck in your craw there Paten? Hmmm?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'll be visiting my LGS and picking one up as soon as these are generally available (i.e. in stock).
Mine isn't going to be a carry piece, so I'm not going to be all that particular on the configuration.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I'm placed an order with my LGS based on the most current information. They said they do order from Lipsey, so.... Looking forward to getting this one in house.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I had an interesting conversation yesterday with someone who spoke to SIG at SHOT - who asked why in 10mm (where the highest/most variety of bullet weights/trajectory variability) would it ever ship with fixed sights? (From 46, 60, 96 115 grain frangibles through the more standard 135, 155, 165, 175, 180, 200, up into the heavyweights of 220, 230 grains.)

His point was you'd want adjustable because of a shooters likelihood of playing around with all the various choices in ammo would necessitate variable sights (elevation mostly).

Reportedly, this caused a stir in the booth and had SIG reconsidering their offerings in sights for their 10MM. It made me think for a bit, wonder how much change in trajectory their might be in 10mm at standard pistol distances, although the 10mm is certainly a cartridge that would/could be used for pistol hunting range.

I must admit it changed my perspective of how I'd want my 10mm configured.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
define normal pistol distances

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
define normal pistol distances

I'm not sure what normal is; I used the word "standard" which is to infer what I see at most pistol shooting ranges/facilities, usually from 3 feet to 25 yds.

For me? Well anything from 6" to 30 yds; typically speaking. I have on occasion shot 50 -100 yds. Not much more.

Does that help you?

I found this for longer ranges:

10MM Handgun Zero @ 25 yds

Drop @ 25yds ... 50yds ... 75yds ... 100yds

155 grains ... 0.0" ... - 0.7" ... - 3.1" ...- 7.3"
180 grains ... 0.0" ... - 0.9" ... - 3.7" ... - 8.5"
200 grains ... 0.0" ... - 1.3" ... - 4.9" ... - 10.8"

That's a small set of weights, with who knows what pressure/powder/muzzle velo.

Difficult to find more - I guess I could run a ballistic calculator - but so many variables.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post