SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 80X Cheetah
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 80X Cheetah Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Bronze version.

Still a no for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lot_45:
The tip up version:
https://www.collectorsfirearms...380-acp-pr62081.html

THAT is beautiful.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh boy. That's- that's. I uhhh

It says "BOX" in the Grip Zone

THAT is hysterical. It really says BOX…

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hummmm.... would a 30 SuperCarry version come out for this ?? That would make some sense.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

LOL. At first I thought it said "80X" like the model number. I don't know what I was thinking. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just dreaming of an 84FS yesterday afternoon. Or a double stack G42. Don't need a red dot on a .380 carry pistol, but to be fair and honest I'd like to see one of these in person. It could lose the rail also, but...maybe an Inox one as Chowser suggested.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BOX Haiku

All flowing lines, gone
Sophia Loren, it ain't
BOX in the Grip Zone

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Svelte lines, walnut grips...highly desired on a Cheetah.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
If this pistol had a 92-type locking mechanism… But it doesn’t.

Glad I bought a SIG P238.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8841 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I like it. Especially the Bronze version.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:

Reminds you of the Remington "RPUS" doesn't it? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Rpus came to mind immediately when I saw BOX.

I'd like to see more shit on the slide. I see some empty spots which could be serrated or stamped, or serrated and stamped. Put some grooves on the outside of the barrel, runnin' every whichaway.

These old things can't hold a candle to the Beretta BOX.

posted Hide Post
Beretta 22’s are the best. I shoot the snot out of an 87 I have had fora long time and I have a second one still with hang tags in it’s little blue box for my son. I love my 87. Favorite 22 I have ever shot and I have shot nice 22’s. It’s just the sweet spot in 22’s.

That being said I want to suppress my 87 and I don’t want to spend 500 bucks on a second barrel. I also like red dots on some guns. I would never want to jack up a classic 87 by doing so. This BOX version of an 87 is already a bit of an abortion so adding a dot and a can would be sweet to me.

This will never be a classic. It would be a sweet tackle box gun in 22 though.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27815 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Couldn't they have had a focus group or two? I would have told them-

Me: "It says 'BOX'"

"Ha, well, no sir, that actually says '80X, which is the model number of our new pistol! What do you think?"

Me: (long pause) "Look, man, do you know what a 'meme' is?"

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There's another new small frame gun coming at SHOT. I was shown pictures but pinky promised not to share.

I'm not sure how I feel about this 80X. If they offer threaded barrels including a drop-in 32acp and if they use the same mags as current 81 Series Cheetah mags, I'll grab one. Time will tell.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I like it. Especially the Bronze version.

I was just cleaning my M9A4 and admiring the beautiful bronze color of the frame. Hopefully the bronze on this gun is the same.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Beretta is in the psychological game business now. You know, like the picture where some people see two wine glasses and others see two faces looking at each other.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

I'm not sure how I feel about this 80X. If they offer threaded barrels including a drop-in 32acp and if they use the same mags as current 81 Series Cheetah mags, I'll grab one.

I'd snatch one.

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

I'm not sure how I feel about this 80X. If they offer threaded barrels including a drop-in 32acp and if they use the same mags as current 81 Series Cheetah mags, I'll grab one.

I'd snatch one.

I like the already suggested idea of one in .30 super carry too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post