SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 80X Cheetah
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 80X Cheetah Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
This is one of those guns I regret not getting with the getting was good.

Also, I THINK CZ made some clones of the 84s and 85s in both 9x17 and 9x18. IIRC I believe those were also nice guns.

No you can't beat these vintage blowback Berettas.

I have one bone to pick though. I don't know why some of you guys would want to ruin this type of platform with serrations, light mounts, threaded barrels, fancy sights, etc. That doesn't make sense to me for the type of gun it represents.

This thread reminds me of a nice East German Makarov. Those aren't quite a beautiful as an original Italian, but there's just something to be said for a regular gun without the shit machined into and hanging off the gun.

Maybe it's a generational thing, rant off.

Well, if Beretta offered a non railed and angled serration version that’s what I’d buy but this one is going to be a suppressor host so I don’t mind the front serrations or ability to knock the sights out for taller versions or a RMR because having that capability and not needing it is better than wanting it and not having the capability.

I have two classic Cheetas that are safe queens so I love that I have a new one that I can shoot the snot out of and that is currently in production (replaceable). Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
You guys have it lucky with the AAGW barrels. I've been on the list to get one for FOUR YEARS and now they're readily available. Josh is good peeps...just sent him my Browning BDA grips for 3D scanning so he can make sure grips fit those too (they're Cheetah variants).

I've got two AAGW bbls here...both in .32 to drop into my older guns and run a Liberty Centurion on. Should make for fun little pistol.

I'd like an 80X as well especially since I can drop the .32 right in it (run M81 mags though)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
You guys have it lucky with the AAGW barrels. I've been on the list to get one for FOUR YEARS and now they're readily available. Josh is good peeps...just sent him my Browning BDA grips for 3D scanning so he can make sure grips fit those too (they're Cheetah variants).

I've got two AAGW bbls here...both in .32 to drop into my older guns and run a Liberty Centurion on. Should make for fun little pistol.

I'd like an 80X as well especially since I can drop the .32 right in it (run M81 mags though)

You are right! Josh is awesome! He answered my VERY detailed question and found a solution to my issue. I didn’t expect to find a TB for the 80X honestly. I guess I did get damn lucky with the timing. He knows his stuff!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
That project was a labor of love; several shops didn't want to do the work needed given the small market and the rona shut downs and run on the retail side of his business paused the project. They finally got released back during the summer timeframe. Pretty sure it took him like 5yrs to bring them to market.

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got the 80X and a .32 barrel, mags are the issue - need them blocked to 10…

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:

Got the 80X and a .32 barrel, mags are the issue - need them blocked to 10…

Hmm ... I read somewhere -- wish I could remember where -- that you can run .32 in the .380 mags. Is that only for single-stack?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Correct. Double-stack needs the 81 mags which thankfully are easy to find

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Email sent to me yesterday- Atlantic Firearms just got a shipment of Israeli surplus Beretta 84 pistols- wood grips, .380acp, 13 rds. Very good to excellent condition. $850.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/b...ood-pistol-excellent

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Email sent to me yesterday- Atlantic Firearms just got a shipment of Israeli surplus Beretta 84 pistols- wood grips, .380acp, 13 rds. Very good to excellent condition. $850.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/b...ood-pistol-excellent

Oh man…..this is so damn tempting. That is one sexy Beretta! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have already have an 85BB (single stack .380acp) that I love. Tempting, but I need to say no Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My local gun shop has one of the limited edition green frame and stainless barrel 80X Cheetahs for a cool $999.00 Eek. This is not one of the first editions with the bronze frame, this one is green and apparently comes with a fancy green leather case. The barrel is what caught my eye along with the fact it was sitting right next to a standard 80X and looked very similar.

I like the Cheetah but not for that much money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Just saw this long post. Elegant, beautiful to the eye design.

Dug out my Beretta 85, the single stack version, and as usual automatically cleared it as soon as it was out of the box.

Darn! This puppy is hard to rack! .380ACP is reputed to be a soft shooting caliber for folks with weak grips (injury or age) but I've no clue how they'll load this one.

Back in the box and into the safe. Hopefully my widow will get some money for it (along with the rest of my toys). Offers accepted. Smile

-- Chuck

"Never send a man where you can send a bullet."

Posts: 3034 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: June 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My local gun shop has one of the limited edition green frame and stainless barrel 80X Cheetahs for a cool $999.00 Eek. This is not one of the first editions with the bronze frame, this one is green and apparently comes with a fancy green leather case. The barrel is what caught my eye along with the fact it was sitting right next to a standard 80X and looked very similar.

I like the Cheetah but not for that much money.

the bronze ones go for $$$$$$$