SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 80X Cheetah
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 80X Cheetah Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Never expected to see this.

Beretta is bringing back the classic .380 with exceptional comfort & style. The 80X Cheetah reimagines the legendary platform, with a new sleek design and enhanced features. Ergonomically redesigned for modern day carry, the 80X Cheetah includes a smaller Vertec style grip profile, the X-treme S Double/Single trigger, skeletonized hammer, a13+1 round capacity, and comes optics-ready out of the box

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/80x-cheetah/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh boy. That's- that's. I uhhh

It says "BOX" in the Grip Zone

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it but have a hard time seeing it sell well. Would be a good pistol for someone who is recoil sensitive.

If they did it with the old tip up barrel, it would be great for those with weak hand strength.
What was the tip up barrel version called? I remember seeing a used on in a shop years ago and regret not picking it up.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did manage to ugly it up. I much prefer the curved grip and wood on the regular 84. About 15 years ago I found a shop with two in stock. I bought both. 3 months later, (about the time I paid off the first pair) they had two 87's in stock. I bought both. Last year, a surplus shop in Illinois had the 81's on sale. I only bought one of those, and it was in pretty good shape. I think it was carried by the Italian Prison Service. At least, that's what I was told. I'd hate to be trying to stop and escape with a .32, though.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To be fair, Beretta has done this before with the Cheetah, which, in its classic form, has flowing lines. In the early 1990s, Beretta gave the 84 and 85 the 92F treatment. I own an 84F and it's a fine pistol.

This version, however, looks like a prop out of a sci-fi movie and, as I pointed out, it says "BOX" in the grip zone.

posted Hide Post
I am an acknowledged Beretta fanboy. That being said they are drinking too much vino on their work breaks if they think this is a good idea.

Recoil sensitive? Yea, don’t buy a blowback 380. I had an 84 and an 85. Sold the 84. Kept the 85 but bought a 32 barrel for it. This is a huge goose egg and I’m the fan base they are looking at.

On the other hand this gives me hope that somebody pulls their head out of their Italian ass and do the X treatment to a Beretta 87.

Give me the Vertec grip, threaded barrel, optics ready. If you could pop in some extra rounds I wouldn’t hate it but mag compatibility I could live with too if they kept the 10 rounder. That gun would be fun. Beretta 87X 22lr, yum.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the other hand this gives me hope that somebody pulls their head out of their Italian ass and do the X treatment to a Beretta 87.

Give me the Vertec grip, threaded barrel, optics ready. If you could pop in some extra rounds I wouldn’t hate it but mag compatibility I could live with too if they kept the 10 rounder. That gun would be fun. Beretta 87X 22lr, yum.

Yep, I need thaat!

Not sure why they started with the .380...do those things actually sell? It's bigger than the competition, and the fact that it's straight blowback makes it recoil harsher than a lot of the smaller options on the market. I love my 81, but .32 is expensive and hard to find...the .22 is the sweet spot, especially since the 87 has a solid reputation for reliability. Why not make that first?

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It seems that every new auto that comes out these days is tainted with a cutout for an RDS.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It seems that every new auto that comes out these days is tainted with a cutout for an RDS.

And forward slide serrations. Roll Eyes

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They could simply block delete the RDS cut out in the slides program and allow the customer a option of not having that. Sinse its there, bolt down a SSK TSOB mount, 4 rings and a big old silver 4x Leopold. I like the little gun for capacity but that cut out is uncalled for.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hell, the rear sight is part of the filler plate.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
In 2023, if you release a new handgun, the expectation is to have a 1913 Pic rail, front slide serrations, and an optic ready variant. None of the three are critical to me. I can do with or w/o them, but their proponents are the ones who complain the loudest.

A good example is the DWX. DW teased us w/ it for three years, then when it was finally released recently, everywhere I saw & heard, "Needs to be optic ready... especially on a gun pushing $2K."

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Yeah I noticed that, and don't like it.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m in. Hopefully they offer it with the larger grip like my 92x came with.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Yeah I noticed that, and don't like it.

Me either but I won’t put an RDS on it anyway. It is a shitty design though. My Sig M17 is the same way and I don’t like it as I do have an RDS on it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's definitely uglier than the classic guns, no doubt about it. But I'm a fan of the vertec grip. I could give or take the rail, and I hate the front serrations. I wish they'd gone to a rounded trigger guard like the 92x, too.

The optic cut I'm ambivalent about. I wish the rear sight was in its own dovetail rather than on the plate. I wonder if they had to do that because there wasn't enough room between the breech face and the back of the slide to include the optic cut and the sight dovetail. If the mounting system is similar to what they did with the 92x, they might as well leave it off altogether. If they really want to get into optics, Beretta needs to partner with an optics company to get a low-profile direct-mount solution developed.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Another blowback reissue?

Honestly, I wish the would just reissue some 85FS/84FS Inox guns with wood grips.

Really didn't like the blowback 85/84 I had but miss the gun. Just need the inox versions.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Blowback 380’s aren’t exactly high on my list of wants. Had an 84 sold it and never missed it. This is Beretta being Beretta. Either a wild miss or way late to the party. This is a miss. I would have loved to have sat in on this meeting. Makes me wonder if these sell well overseas or something.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no, another pistol with a rail.....

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I might take one in .22, but at an MSRP of $799 (per their website at the OP's link) and with the .380 chambering I think they're competing with an awful lot of very good pistols.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post