SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality! Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow!!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the email on this. Very interesting…of course they had to throw in the long extractor. But still, very excited to hear some real reviews about these.

"No more 'I have to go to the bathroom'. There is no bathroom!!"

Posts: 216 | Location: SC | Registered: November 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Very cool, I may have to get one.

But what I really wish they made, was a US version of the old slide with no rails. That model is one of the best looking pistols ever in my opinion.

Cant wait to hold one of these new ones though.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I’ve been waiting for this since the Mastershop closed. I’ll be checking Gunbroker for this one.

The link is active on the Sig website:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive.html

It is still a Stainless Steel frame so it’s still a heavy beastie.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! The X-Short I got from you is still one of my favorites. These aren't quite as pretty as the german ones, but I'm in for the wood grip one... Curious on MSRP.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Just saw the email and watched the video. These look very nice. Although they have the esthetically ugly long extractor, I don’t care. The extractor works and is easily serviced. Might have to get one of these…

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great, might be my next gun - anybody guess what's the MSRP will be?

Posts: 21 | Location: Bronx/NY | Registered: June 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
While I consider the long extractor somewhat unsightly, it is better mechanically/more reliable than the internal extractor most X-Five and X-Six German guns were equipped with.
That internal extractor has been problematic for a long time. I believe there are at least two, and possible three "upgraded" extractors during German production.
My German X-Five Short and Smart has the non-bull 4.4 inch barrel, and the short external extractor. Most parts are standard P226 parts, except for the fancy adjustable SAO trigger.
It is spectacular that SIG USA is going to produce X-Five P226 Models here!

Sig P226 X5 Short and Smart 002 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whatever the MSRP is, they will go double that on GB, for those who have to get it now. Frown

I agree about the extractor, but I might just have to bite my tongue and overlook it. Everything else looks great. Beveled front slide, rounded trigger guard, great looking grips, 20-rounder (vs 19 on the German), optic ready.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dear SIG,

Please make this in DA/SA.

Signed,

#dasaposse

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
While I consider the long extractor somewhat unsightly, it is better mechanically/more reliable than the internal extractor most X-Five and X-Six German guns were equipped with. That internal extractor has been problematic for a long time...

"Most" is just plain untrue. The early internal extractor design that was "problematic" was replaced with the newer design while the Xguns were still in Gen 1. So, really, most Xguns have the newer internal extractor that has been problem free. I have owned more than a few of both Gen 1 and Gen 2 (Enhanced) Xguns equipped with the newer extractor and have never experienced any extraction issues.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Dear SIG,

Please make this in DA/SA.

Signed,

#dasaposse

Here comes the US Allround...maybe next year. Cool

Q

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks fantastic, and I'm with Jones, DA/SA please.
But, it'll be out of my reasonable budget, so I'll just have to live vicariously through those that have/post them.

Extractor would be a bit less 'unsightly' with the slide finished in black.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Q,
I know you have owned a pile of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 X-Five guns.
I have seen several reports of extractor problems on the "other" SIG Forum with Gen 2 X-Five guns.
So for me, the decision to use the MIM long external extractor on the USA made X-Five guns is a good thing.
I do consider it unsightly, but will take the mechanical reliability over visuals.

NRA Instructor

posted Hide Post
The question is do I buy this or wait for a fancier version they eventually release

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 24, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
From a purely mechanical machining accuracy viewpoint, it is much easier to use an end mill to machine a slot in a slide external surface for installing a long external extractor vs drilling a deep
small diameter hole for a internal extractor. Drills dull, and then wander. When the location/position of that small diameter deep hole for the internal extractor changes location from the design specifications by even a few thousandths of an inch, reliable extraction suffers.

NRA Instructor

posted Hide Post
According to Lipseys MAP is 2199.99 and MSRP is 2399.99. Only Distributor showing the SKU for these

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I’ve been waiting for this since the Mastershop closed. I’ll be checking Gunbroker for this one.

SIG CS says they're already on their way to FFLs.
quote:
It is still a Stainless Steel frame so it’s still a heavy beastie.

Still, 9mm only. (Sigh)

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post