SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality! Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/PAjIx5ttY84

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
https://youtu.be/PAjIx5ttY84

1K - Thanks for posting this video review on this new pistol….8 minutes in I really wanted one but after seeing that this pistol cannot be used in IDPA or USPSA matches, I am going to have to wait for the DA/SA version.

Also - in the video the reviewer identified that this specific model was a “Limited Production Run” pistol - first time I have heard(read) this…..

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The DA/SA version won’t be IDPA legal because of weight (I’m guessing).

However, most local matches won’t care. State matches might and for sure it won’t be legal for nationals.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The DA/SA version won’t be IDPA legal because of weight (I’m guessing).

However, most local matches won’t care. State matches might and for sure it won’t be legal for nationals.

So to this point - I think the video identified that with an empty mag in this pistol it was only 1 ounce heavier than what IDPA allowed so to a question. Could 1 ounce of weight be eliminated from this pistol - somewhere (go to a plastic mag base vs. the aluminum or figure out if 1 ounce could be removed somewhere else on the pistol???

Just thinking of a way to get ONE ounce off of this all steel pistol…..before the DA/SA is released (so I can use it in IDPA and USPSA matches…..

Thoughts?

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Decent video of the US P226 vs a German X-Short:

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:

Thoughts?

Lightweight grips and plastic guiderod, assuming that factory part is steel, would be your best bets.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um...did SIG not THINK that some folks might wanna use their new American wundergun for competition activities? Seems rather curious that the gun would miss qualifying weight by only a solitary ounce. Or did some non-shooter designer/engineer type misread the 5 in '45' as a 6? That would be kinda embarrassing, like a prize fighter showing up at weigh-in and not making weight...so will we see Ron C play Don King and put a Muhammed Ali type of spin on it? Wink

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Um...did SIG not THINK that some folks might wanna use their new American wundergun for competition activities? Seems rather curious that the gun would miss qualifying weight by only a solitary ounce. Or did some non-shooter designer/engineer type misread the 5 in '45' as a 6? That would be kinda embarrassing, like a prize fighter showing up at weigh-in and not making weight...so will we see Ron C play Don King and put a Muhammed Ali type of spin on it? Wink

There are numerous possibilities here:

1. Yes, SIG is oblivious.
2. SIG's "lobby" has assured SIG's engineering that they will deliver rules changes. Kinda like Carry Optics where CZs first didn't make it without significant mods and now they make it even with 6 oz brass grips attached.
3. Perhaps there are other gun games where this makes a cut, I dunno (Bianchi, multigun).

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

You really think Phil Strader has no knowledge of competitive shouting? While the latest promotion he'll have even more imput.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, all of Strader's expertise doesn't change the fact that this gun, as released, has no competitive spot in his own sport. Even with a DA/SA release, and loss of a magwell in a process, it will put it in a position to compete with, among others, SIG's own most successful competition gun while being at a huge price disadvantage.
If there is any plan to push into competition where Strader has made the most impact, that would be a creation of a new division. This has been heavily rumored.

posted Hide Post
If/when SIG releases the DA/SA version I will just fire up my bench grinder and remove the accessory rail work that is in front of the trigger guard. I bet that will reduce the overall weight by several oz’s….. Big Grin

On a serious note - One would think that SIG would have arranged to have these rules updated BeFORE the release of this design…..For now the only place this model can be used is in Steel Challenge (with or without an Optic).

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
If/when SIG releases the DA/SA version I will just fire up my bench grinder and remove the accessory rail work that is in front of the trigger guard. I bet that will reduce the overall weight by several oz’s….. Big Grin

Don't worry Mark. SIG is already one step ahead. It's going to be just like the original Allround. No rail. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet that short extractor could shave a few grams off too… Wink

Posts: 28 | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Don't worry Mark. SIG is already one step ahead. It's going to be just like the original Allround. No rail. Big Grin

Q - Thanks - This is great news….Now I really really want the DA/SA version…I will be an earlier buyer (from the SIG Pro Shop) when the Allround is launched. As you learn about this ones release please email me as your time allows….Thanks

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I was just just kidding about the rail. I don't know anything more than you do. But, that should be the logical thing for them to do, shaving off weight from the dust cover.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Would it be wishful thinking that the Allround have the classic lines as opposed to the 'enhanced' look?

Yeah, Not going to happen...

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or it is meant to compete with platforms like the CZ Shadow 2. The 320 Legion and 226 LDC didn’t make weight in IDPA but found success in USPSA.

You could trim weight off of any of those guns but why would you want to other than to boast that you successfully used a hammer as a wrench. Lots of other great options to use in IDPA.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
After pissing away a ton of time trying to find a decent deal on a good Old School X5 less than $3,000, I just placed my order for a brand new American made X5. Ordered through Grab a Gun who showed them in stock at $2,199. I might have got the last one because now they show out of stock.

AND… It arrived today! After everyone at my LGS were done drooling all over it, I just got her home. Mind blown!!!

The craftsmanship, feel and balance in my hand rivals my Gen1 X5 all around. Range time scheduled for this weekend where I will run a side by side comparison between the two as well as one of my 226 restomods.

In hindsight, as frustrated as I was in trying to locate a used X5, I am very glad I was not successful. I now have a brand new US version and am able to re-allocated the $1,000 I saved. Only time will tell but… at the moment, I am “over the moon”!

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
^^^^^its beautiful. Congrats!

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Never doubted that. Would make zero sense, if they didn't, because it is much less complicated than the SAO.

Q… Maybe I missed the Big Grin… In what way is a DA/SA less complicated than SAO?

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post