SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NH (US) made P226 X-FIVE is finally a reality! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Dear SIG,

Please make this in DA/SA.

Signed,

#dasaposse

I to want this - I just posted this question on the Sig Site as to if and when they would have this in a DA/SA version. Anxious to see if they will post my question on their site and if they will answer my question.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it's just an illusion, but the grip profile on these appears slimmer than their German brethren. Another plus if true.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
While I consider the long extractor somewhat unsightly, it is better mechanically/more reliable than the internal extractor most X-Five and X-Six German guns were equipped with. That internal extractor has been problematic for a long time...

"Most" is just plain untrue. The early internal extractor design that was "problematic" was replaced with the newer design while the Xguns were still in Gen 1. So, really, most Xguns have the newer internal extractor that has been problem free. I have owned more than a few of both Gen 1 and Gen 2 (Enhanced) Xguns equipped with the newer extractor and have never experienced any extraction issues.

Do you happen to know when the switch to the redesigned extractor was made?

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
cee_Kamp, that is a fine looking X-Five you posted above.

That to me is a Sig 226 X-Five!

Congrats

HK Ag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is interesting is that SIG US manufactured a small number of P226 LDC (All stainless steel framed guns) and these guns were made with the short extractor BUT the barrel length was 4.4”.

Photo courtesy of 12131’s review of the US-LDC.

I wonder if SIG may have identified that the long external extractor was needed for the 5” barrel design…..

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by austintx:

Don't know exactly when, but the earliest Gen 1 Xgun I used to own was a 2011 proofed gun, and it had the redesigned extractor.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
What is interesting is that SIG US manufactured a small number of P226 LDC (All stainless steel framed guns) and these guns were made with the short extractor BUT the barrel length was 4.4”.

I wonder if SIG may have identified that the long external extractor was needed for the 5” barrel design…..

If "needed" means cheaper to manufacture and easier to work with, then I say yes. But, absolute necessity? I'd say no.

Q

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Max's video if interested
https://youtu.be/9Lu7mty5nbQ

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by austintx:

Don't know exactly when, but the earliest Gen 1 Xgun I used to own was a 2011 proofed gun, and it had the redesigned extractor.

That helps, since my Gen 1 X-Fives and X-Sixes were all proofed after 2011. Thanks!

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Very cool, I may have to get one. But what I really wish they made, was a US version of the old slide with no rails...
HK Ag
Yes please. Don't want the 'enhanced' version with the big 'ol advertisement across the side, grips, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by 42Danis:
The question is do I buy this or wait for a fancier version they eventually release
I like the way you think. Welcome to the forum!

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Still, 9mm only. (Sigh)
Yeah. I though the same.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
So Sig decided to make the X5 here in the States after all... although at Shot a few years back they said differently. Many firms imported the older EU Mastershop pistols, not individual owners, unlike what Sig's marketing manager states in their video. Good grief, Sig Marketing loves to confuse customers!

Now, get rid of the damn rail as a target pistol doesn't need one. Also, I would prefer Sig make it with a 4.4" barrel/slide assembly so it mirrors the balance of the ST models... basically, make the X5 Short & Smart model.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know if it's just an illusion, but the grip profile on these appears slimmer than their German brethren. Another plus if true.

I'm going to guess that they are the same thickness as Legion SAO grips, or at least the G10 ones will be. Wood might be thicker. Would be nice if it had a fully adjustable flat trigger, but hopefully the adjustable LOP will allow you to get the reach the same as a Legion SAO, which is nearly perfect for me.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Had an Xfive on the brain for a while now… Good timing Sig!

Does anyone know if this will take typical Mec-gar 17 rd P226 magazines?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
...but hopefully the adjustable LOP will allow you to get the reach the same as a Legion SAO, which is nearly perfect for me.

If it is like the German counterpart, then it will, when you move the trigger all the way back..
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Does anyone know if this will take typical Mec-gar 17 rd P226 magazines?

If the jet funnel is like the German one, it will. I know not to assume anything, since I notice that external shape of the jet funnel looks just slightly different from the German one.

Q

Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
The best of times and the worst of times…

I have wanted an X5 for a few years. I have been cutting back on toys and even sold some toys so I could get one. I finally have a decent enough budget to afford a solid used one and now this. What I have set aside for 226 X5 will easily cover the cost of the US version (I found them listed from $2,200 - $2,360).

I feel like I still want an OG model built and tuned by hand in the Germany Mastershop but… are they worth twice the price? I don’t see how.

Now I am wondering if the current market value on the existing X5s are going to tank. The current market is obviously driven by supply and demand and the supply is about to skyrocket. I know there is inherit value in the classics but now I am afraid if I spend $3,000 on a solid used X5 it will be worth half that this time next year. Then again, a new US version at $2,300 may be worth half that after a couple of trips to the range.

I know, I know… buying guns at retail is not “investing”. My collection is my hobby as every gun I have gets used and enjoyed. I just don’t want to buy now and regret later.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Dear SIG,

Please make this in DA/SA.

Signed,

#dasaposse

My sentiments exactly. Count me in the posse, Jones.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NMDave:
Now I am wondering if the current market value on the existing X5s are going to tank. The current market is obviously driven by supply and demand and the supply is about to skyrocket....

Past performances do not guarantee the future, but, the German P210 values didn't tank, and neither did the Swiss, when the American P210 came out.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Now I am wondering if the current market value on the existing X5s are going to tank. The current market is obviously driven by supply and demand and the supply is about to skyrocket....

Past performances do not guarantee the future, but, the German P210 values didn't tank, and neither did the Swiss, when the American P210 came out.

My thought exactly.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Great insight! Thanks. I love the disclaimer Big Grin

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great news to me! I've been happy with all aspects of my American P210. My German P226 X5 Level One pistol is a superb pistol, and has the improved internal extractor, but I have to confess I've always worried about potential failures on an out of production model not supported by SIG NH. The trigger on my German pistol is superb, and I hope the SIG NH model will have a comparable trigger.

Posts: 154 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post