SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Seems like they are skipping over late January/most February submissions in order to get their average time down. Latest posts in the eForm 4 tracking thread over at ar15.com show mid March submissions coming back with less than 90 days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Silencer Shop web page, now at 145 days. Anyone had an eform4 approved lately that wants to chime in?

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am approaching one year on a form 4 using the Silencer shop kiosk. They sent me a note recently thinking I should be getting the call and asking me to do a review. Hope they are right Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am approaching one year on a form 4 using the Silencer shop kiosk. They sent me a note recently thinking I should be getting the call and asking me to do a review. Hope they are right Razz

I just got mine back after a year and a little over a month.
So give it another month or so.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got two back in April that were right at 90 days, thus the question.

posted Hide Post
Through a variety of screw ups at SS I literally have an eform submitted on two week intervals between jan 21 and now. The latest one approved is 2.1.2022. The next 2.11.2022 is nowhere to be seen. And to Dwill104 post the March ones are not seen either. I think the ATF has lost the fire and control of the process. So we will see where it goes next. But I'm guessing it won't get to the 14 months of a paper one, but who knows, they have serious issues on this front.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
75 days for one submitted on trust through Capitol Armory on April 1.

Still waiting for an individual form filed through Silencer Shop two weeks before that (i.e. over 100 days as of the writing of this post).

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eform4 submitted 4/16; approved today.

That makes two Efiles submitted and received this year, while a paper form4 submitted in June of last year is still processing. Boo.

Edit to add to neverenoughguns' comment: my LGS has seen Eform4s turn around in anywhere from two to four months, with two and a half months being the most common timeframe.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least the eform4 was crazy fast. I find the random nature of timeframes associated with the eforms to be quite interesting.

posted Hide Post
Eform 4 (trust, for SBS) was certified on 2/9. Still waiting.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Certified eForm 2/17.

Still nothing. NFA34 is such bullshit. I’ve had the feds up my ass with a microscope so many times for my job, it seems like such a waste to go through these hoops for a muffler.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread over at arf about why Feb/Mar submissions are delayed, while ones submitted afterwards are coming back.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Ar...pprovals-/17-536494/

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the oddities of that thinking by the ATF is that my dealer runs a background check at the moment he is going to physically hand me the suppressor. If that's the law (I don't know that it is) then this is a silly issue for them to get stuck on.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
One of the oddities of that thinking by the ATF is that my dealer runs a background check at the moment he is going to physically hand me the suppressor. If that's the law (I don't know that it is) then this is a silly issue for them to get stuck on.

It’s not the law, at least not the federal law. There is a box that the dealer checks on the 4473 that a background check is not required because one was done as part of the NFA process.

Step 28 on the bottom of page 2 of the 4473.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/d...-form-53009/download

28. No NICS check is required because a background check was completed during the NFA approval process on the individual who will receive the NFA firearm(s), as reflected on the approved NFA application

Your state may separately require a background check at the time of transfer, but the feds don’t, and that’s what they go by. You may want to ask your dealer why he does what he does.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Eform4 submitted 4/16; approved today.

That makes two Efiles submitted and received this year, while a paper form4 submitted in June of last year is still processing. Boo.

Edit to add to neverenoughguns' comment: my LGS has seen Eform4s turn around in anywhere from two to four months, with two and a half months being the most common timeframe.

Fingers crossed mine is soon.
I did mine 04/06 on E File.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Two eForm1s just came back today. Submitted on June 15 and approved July 8. So 23 day turnaround. That’s about the same as my last eForm1 approval came in.

Still waiting on my eForm4 from March, though…. Roll Eyes

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 2/11/2022 Eform4 showed up today. In terms of my personal priorities I hope they get done with my April submission before the remaining earlier ones, but of course that's wishful thinking.

posted Hide Post
Anybody get any eform4s back lately? If so, about when was it certified

posted Hide Post
OK did you look at the threads above? is July 8 lately? for me...
2/11 back on 7/08
2/1 back on 5.27
2/1 back on 5.3

looking at the data on other sites they have lost the fire and most are now way longer than 90 and mostly now approaching 150.
What data are you now looking for?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK did you look at the threads above? is July 8 lately? for me...
2/11 back on 7/08
2/1 back on 5.27
2/1 back on 5.3

looking at the data on other sites they have lost the fire and most are now way longer than 90 and mostly now approaching 150.
What data are you now looking for?

Just getting impatient. Am at 137 days on one. Approaching 3 months on another. Bought both when 90 days seemed like the norm which was pretty close to instantaneous in the nfa world. I might hold off on additional purchases until wait times even out a bit.