SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
2 weeks!

Form 1 submitted on July 29. Email just received, approved on August 12.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
well geez D, Now you have me worried about my application that was submitted by Silencerco on my Resonator K. Please do not lose it guys!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
well geez D, Now you have me worried about my application that was submitted by Silencerco on my Resonator K. Please do not lose it guys!

How long ago was the check cashed? Form 4 times for buying a made silencer are nothing like the times for eForm 1 SBRs. EForm 1s are usually under a month. Form 4 times are currently around 8 months or so.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Form 4 via Silencer Shop sent 8/2/21. ATF cashed check 8/10/21. Now the wait begins!

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Check was cashed about a month ago.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am presently 90 days into an eform for a SBR
submitted on 5/11/21

this is the response I got today:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. The current wait times have increased due to the pandemic and a high increase in the volume of applications. Your background is currently with the FBI. ATF is not made aware of why a background requires extra time nor will ATF provide contact info for the FBI. Feel free to check status periodically.

For a quicker response, call the NFA Division Call Center at 304-616-4500, with your permit/control number or serial number.

Thank you,

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
submitted on 5/11/21

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. The current wait times have increased due to the pandemic and a high increase in the volume of applications. Your background is currently with the FBI. ATF is not made aware of why a background requires extra time nor will ATF provide contact info for the FBI. Feel free to check status periodically.

For a quicker response, call the NFA Division Call Center at 304-616-4500, with your permit/control number or serial number.

Thank you,

Sounds like hogwash on their end, given that I just got an eForm SBR back in exactly two weeks....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
submitted on 5/11/21

Hello,

Thank you,

Sounds like hogwash on their end, given that I just got an eForm SBR back in exactly two weeks....

Some applications, for unknown reasons, get hung up in FBI background check hell. I had one hang up for about two months, and I eventually cancelled it, resubmitted, and had it approved in a couple of weeks. There seems to be no obvious reason why some get hung up by the FBI, while most others don’t. As the ATF says, all they can do on their end is wait for the FBI check to complete. They can’t make the FBI resolve it any faster, or help you out with that.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

I wouldn't worry, as bad as the ATF is, my paperwork is the only paperwork I've ever seen lost in all the years I was doing this for customers. This also includes knowing many other dealers who have never seen lost paperwork. I was actually more worried on the second submission that they would find the original paperwork and reject everything due to "two submissions for identical serial numbers".

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Dead Air Wolfman

Check cashed 12/02/2020
Got the paperwork 08/10/2021

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put in a form 4 for an SiCo Omega30 on 7/8/21 used the Card for purchase and tax stamp. Statement showed ATF paid on 07/14/21 I’ll update later. I then did a second SiCo 36m a month later 8/6/21 through the same shop. It will be interesting to see if the second can comes in first or they stay a month apart.

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4s really are a crapshoot. My LGS has gotten some back from as recently as March of 2021, but is still waiting on some from as long ago as July 2020. There's no rhyme or reason to it, nor any way to predict it.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Form 4 for a Trust

Omega-300 Black (white was in stock but, nah, no Winter warfare for me thanks)

10/27/2020 Ordered from SilencerShop and sync'd to LGS via SilencerShop kiosk in store

11/30/2020 Suppressor delivered to LGS

12/28/2020 Tax stamp cashed

08/09/2021 Form 4 approved by ATF

08/19/2021 Notified of approval / item ready for pickup by LGS

08/20/2021 Picked up from LGS

1 month to receive the item at the LGS
1 month to cashe the tax stamp
8.5 mos to approve the form 4

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
Form 1 eFile Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: August 03, 2021
Approved: August 22, 2021

19 Days

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcshooter,

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcshooter:
Form 1 eFile Trust (1 responsible party)
Submitted: August 03, 2021
Approved: August 22, 2021

19 Days

Myself and four others submitted eForms on 3 August as well. Four were approved on the 16th, however mine is still in process for some reason. Middle aged guy with no record so hopefully it’s just a hang up. Everything appears in order online.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 4 individual OSS HX-QD 5.56

Check cashed 12/30/20
Approved 8/6/21
Stamp at dealer 8/24/21

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
•eFile Form 1 - SBR (x2) - individual

•filed 08/31

•prints mailed 09/01 •prints arrived & signed for 09/07 1:36 pm

•CLEO Copy mailed 09/01

•approved & PDF stamp in hand: 12/29

•examiner: Huff

•total time: 120 days

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tiptoed into the NFA game today. Bought 2 at my dealer and they had the Silencerco kiosk and did everything online. We’ll see. I’m gonna form 1 an AR lower this week.

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 10/27/2020 3:02:41 PMForm 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 11/10/2020
Dealer called 09/07/2021 to inform me they’d received the approved tax stamp.

Finally!!! Optimus in hand.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eForm 1 SBR
Submitted 8-24-21
Approved 9-14-21

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post