SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 128
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Support Your Local
Red and Black
Picture of Snidely Whiplash
posted Hide Post
Submitted paper Form 4 and the check was cashed in January. I was told by BATF I could expect my stamp in FEBRUARY.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Up Shit Creek (it's better tha DOWN it) | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Thats what I was afraid of. I have made 3 NFA apps in the last 3 years. Everyone took longer than the previous one. I sent 3 form 4s in March and the Checks were cashed Apr 15. I bet I don't see an approval for a year now. I think this is deliberate to discourage NFA sales. Credit card companies, and health care transactions go through in minutes or days. NFA transactions shouldn't take any longer. Even with a mandatory wait like 3 months for C&R, it should be much shorter. But I'm sure you heard this before.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
I have submitted 5 paper forms (both 1s and 4s) over the past 2 years and every one of them has been between 8-9 months. My most recent was submitted early November and approved mid July.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I had my paper form 4 signed on Jan 28, 2014, check cashed on Feb 7, 2014, approved Aug 3, 2014, TiRant in my hands Aug 6, 2014. Exactly six months, which I think is reasonable.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I had my paper form 4 signed on Jan 28, 2014, check cashed on Feb 7, 2014, approved Aug 3, 2014, TiRant in my hands Aug 6, 2014. Exactly six months, which I think is reasonable.

That is great news!!

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:

I might think that is reasonable too ... Except my first 2 Form 1's were back in less than 60 days; this was as recent as January 2009 ... I think it outrageous, but not as bad as my last one that took 337 days, only 28 days short of a year!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I have a SDN6 that went pending on June 10. Will definitely update this thread when I receive approval. I am hoping for an awesome Xmas gift to myself....

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
I have a SDN6 that went pending on June 10. Will definitely update this thread when I receive approval. I am hoping for an awesome Xmas gift to myself....

If it was paper, its far more likely that it'll be an awesome Easter gift.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:

If it was paper, its far more likely that it'll be an awesome Easter gift.

Just crushing my hopes and dreams Ex Big Grin I am holding out hope that the new examiners will speed things along.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." I assume you dream, Preston.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Form 1 total time 20 days.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Form 1 submitted on August 15. Came back today, September 13. 30 days. Off to shoot now.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Gemtech Trek T. Paper form 4 submitted on 5/1/14. Received stamp at my dealer today, 9/29/14.

When I sent it off I thought for certain it would be next year before I received it.

Posts: 2298 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Got a call from my SOT today, and promptly paid 'em a visit to pick up my Sparrow. My Form 4 - Trust submitted on 5/6 was approved on 9/23.....Just over 4 1/2 months! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8894 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I created a new trust yesterday, and e-filed aForm 1 on the same day. Paid with a CC. We'll see how it goes.

Since July, Trust Form 1s have had a wait time of about four weeks.

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I'm at 33 days right now on a Form 1 Trust eFile. Every time my phone beeps that I received an email I get my hopes up only to be let down. Hopefully it won't be long now! Smile

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
The emails usually come at like 6am.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Had 10 paper form 4s returned to my shop yesterday.

Signed & Mailed 5/13/2014
Checks Cashed 5/20/2014
Approved 9/29/2014
Received 10/3/2014

4.5ish months.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
10?

Holy crap. I'd hate to have to pay that bill.

I'm sure they'll have fun now though.

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
10?

Holy crap. I'd hate to have to pay that bill.

I'm sure they'll have fun now though.

I have great customers who appreciate quietness. And I miscounted. It was 12 form 4s for 5 customers Smile Good thing too, the NFA safe is getting full and there's more inbound.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
I'm at 33 days right now on a Form 1 Trust eFile. Every time my phone beeps that I received an email I get my hopes up only to be let down. Hopefully it won't be long now! Smile

Have you gone out to the eFile system to check? I actually didn't get an email for one of my Form 1's, but when I checked on the system it showed complete.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post