SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
Vemon...I never tire of looking at your knife postings. You Sir,IMHO have very good taste in knives and it is always a pleasure to see what others on the other side of the world have and carry.

quote:
Originally posted by vemon:
New "Irish" have all seen?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njauto:
What was his big announcement? Are you referring to the increase of counterfeit items lately? I can't seem to find anything else since you have to be a member of that forum to view.
I've seen it...Once you read it you'll understand why they asked permission to post it...Sort of a hot topic. And Ernie is a member here and occasionally drops in to say hi, so they just want to give him the courtesy.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thanks, comrade Auxiliaryjohn ! Too it is very interesting to me to be here and to see adherents.
-----------------------------
Recently commissioned a jeweler Pivot Bolt, in its nostalgic picture. Be sure to show the public how to be ready Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vemon,

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a Emerson/Kershaw CQC-6 for about a year. It's so far been an absolute favorite for edc. It's just the perfect size. I do wish though, that it held an edge longer. It'll get scary sharp, but it goes away quickly.

Warpig's thread in the lounge had me looking at Emerson's site today. Anyone know how the Traveler SF would compare in size?

I only see blade and handle lengths on the site, and frankly sometimes these numbers are a little misleading to me. My first was a micro commander. Now that I'm used to the Kershaw, the micro commander is too big (just to give you my ideas of what's too big). I like not having to remove the knife to get to my truck keys.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delmag Tech:
I've been carrying a Emerson/Kershaw CQC-6 for about a year. It's so far been an absolute favorite for edc. It's just the perfect size. I do wish though, that it held an edge longer. It'll get scary sharp, but it goes away quickly.

Warpig's thread in the lounge had me looking at Emerson's site today. Anyone know how the Traveler SF would compare in size?

I only see blade and handle lengths on the site, and frankly sometimes these numbers are a little misleading to me. My first was a micro commander. Now that I'm used to the Kershaw, the micro commander is too big (just to give you my ideas of what's too big). I like not having to remove the knife to get to my truck keys.

When you say "too big" how so? The Commanders are pretty stout when folded. The standard size CQC-7 has about the same pocket presence since the knives are about as tall and thick, even though the -7 is longer by a good amount.

Here's a quick comparison showing folded height. Micro Commander in front, followed by CQC-7, then an SOCFK, Mini Commander, and the wide-body in back is the short bladed CQC-14.

The 14 is easy as heck to open due to the width and height of the wave, but I'll admit it sticks into the pocket a lot and eats up room for your hand.

This is one of the reasons I don't really carry a knife in my pocket anymore. I do at work when there's nothing in my pocket, but daily I use a neck knife or my mini-Griptilian in a custom belt holster Dustin @ Ozarks Holsters made me.

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
You should put my UBR Commander in that lineup... Smile

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Send it over and I will!

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:

This one is at the the top of my list

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
I guess that folded height is the correct value. I'm going to guess that the micro commander and the little Kershaw were both approaching 4" in length, and 1/2" thick. But micro was probable 'guessing here' 1-1/4" folded height and the CQC-6 is a slim (guessing here also) 3/4"

The Traveler specs show folded length and thickness, which aren't far off from the micro commander, but the folded height appears to be closer to my Kershaw. That's ultimately what I'd like to know.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Guys...Ernie sent out an email. He's running a CQC-7 Event, and for a couple of you it's a must do:

The Emerson CQC-7 Book Project

quote:
Now, I know the history of the CQC-7 but only you know the stories. So what I want to do is to ask you to write down and submit your stories of the CQC-7.

It can be anything from, "I pried open the door of the burning vehicle to, the lady behind the counter handed me the knife and the receipt and now she's my wife." I know that there are stories that are interesting, humorous and even heroic, I would like to hear them all. For example, I know of one where a police officer lost his knife in a tussle on the ground and found his knife 2 years later when he went back and checked under a bush at the scene.

That's a cool story. I know that there are plenty of combat stories also. Your CQC-7 story can be about any CQC-7.

WAIT! IT GETS BETTER.

When we get to the end, I am going to put all the names who have submitted their stories into a pot and draw out a name. The winner will get a custom, handmade CQC-7 knife made by me to commemorate the story of the legendary Emerson CQC-7.

So there is my carrot. We'll publish the book, I'll build the knife, all you need to do is send in your story. I'm not asking you to be a part of the Emerson history, you created the Emerson history. Let's let the world know. So start putting your story down on paper and let's get the ball rolling!

http://emersonknives.com/uncat...0-2&utm_medium=email

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

This one is at the the top of my list

Sucker is a handful...WIDE blade...

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys...Ernie sent out an email. He's running a CQC-7 Event, and for a couple of you it's a must do:

quote:
Now, I know the history of the CQC-7 but only you know the stories. So what I want to do is to ask you to write down and submit your stories of the CQC-7.

It can be anything from, "I pried open the door of the burning vehicle to, the lady behind the counter handed me the knife and the receipt and now she's my wife." I know that there are stories that are interesting, humorous and even heroic, I would like to hear them all. For example, I know of one where a police officer lost his knife in a tussle on the ground and found his knife 2 years later when he went back and checked under a bush at the scene.

That's a cool story. I know that there are plenty of combat stories also. Your CQC-7 story can be about any CQC-7.

WAIT! IT GETS BETTER.

When we get to the end, I am going to put all the names who have submitted their stories into a pot and draw out a name. The winner will get a custom, handmade CQC-7 knife made by me to commemorate the story of the legendary Emerson CQC-7.

So there is my carrot. We'll publish the book, I'll build the knife, all you need to do is send in your story. I'm not asking you to be a part of the Emerson history, you created the Emerson history. Let's let the world know. So start putting your story down on paper and let's get the ball rolling!

I need to start carrying my -7! Right now it sits on my desk at work for odd tasks. It was an abused 2001 model I got cheap and sent into Emerson for a tuneup.

Edit:
I think a non-waved A might find its way into my collection.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:

quote:

WAIT! IT GETS BETTER.

I need to start carrying my -7! Right now it sits on my desk at work for odd tasks. It was an abused 2001 model I got cheap and sent into Emerson for a tuneup.

Edit:
I think a non-waved A might find its way into my collection.

Let me know if that old 7 of yours needs a home. I must have went back at looked at that photo you posted of it 20 times. Maybe I can put non waved in its place.

posted Hide Post
My first Emerson. Now I need more!

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
45 acp and UBR Commander......someone's compensating Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
45 acp and UBR Commander......someone's compensating Big Grin

LOL Big Grin You're right! With one in each hand, they balance each other out! Wink

Rick

Posts: 53 | Registered: May 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let me know if that old 7 of yours needs a home. I must have went back at looked at that photo you posted of it 20 times. Maybe I can put non waved in its place.

I sold a newer one in better shape with a smooth pivot to keep this old beat up one.

Also, the two new ones came in today. Shown with a Mini Commander for reference.

Have to take apart the A100 tonight this thing is TIGHT. Relube, shave the lock side scale at work tomorrow, reassemble. I'll throw on a Grey Precision monster thumb disc first to see if it's really needed though.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Been meaning to order one of the Grey Precision thumb discs.

While I have picked up a few recently, I haven't found one that I want to beat up on for everyday use.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I've had two Monsters. Polished and matte titanium. I didn't like the polished one, too much like chrome. I could have probably anodized it or something.

The matte looks great on the beater CQC-7. And the polished bronze on a normal size with a SF blade looks great, not sure how it would turn out in a monster.