SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Yep, They are a pretty tough knife! This 15 has become my favorite (until another one appears)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
My only letdown is that the wave feature doesn't want to work with the pocket of the EMS pants I'm wearing on duty Frown Will have to see if it works in the Station cargos or maybe find another pocket for it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Years ago Emerson made a Kydex holster that could deploy the Wave, I guess it wasn't very popular and faded away,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Years ago Emerson made a Kydex holster that could deploy the Wave, I guess it wasn't very popular and faded away,

That's interesting to know.

I was playing with the idea recently, and thought a section of paracord would be perfect to activate the wave as the knife was extracted from a Kydex sheath.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I was playing with the idea recently, and thought a section of paracord would be perfect to activate the wave as the knife was extracted from a Kydex sheath.

Here it is, I think they stopped making them in 2007...Seems to work very well:

And here's the link to the video's on the current website...

http://emersonknives.com/video/wave-shaped-feature/

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Got two more Gray discs in. Polished oversize for the second 7, and bronze.

Think I might try to home-anodize the polished one.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Rustpot,

Any increase in leverage in terms of opening the knife with the increased disk size?

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
Rustpot,

Any increase in leverage in terms of opening the knife with the increased disk size?

I don't know what you mean by "leverage".

These two CQC-7s are pretty equal in terms of detent and pivot smoothness/force. The bigger disc allows me to flick open the one a lot more easily. Being a lefty the lock is a tad trickier on that one, I haven't notched the scale like I did on the one with the stock disc.

When I show the side of the first one you can see the serrations of the lock- I did this to let me pull it over to the scale and hold it there a LOT more easily. Gotta do it to the second one yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX9HRDg0xkE

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Rustpot,

I don't know what you mean by "leverage".

These two CQC-7s are pretty equal in terms of detent and pivot smoothness/force. The bigger disc allows me to flick open the one a lot more easily. Being a lefty the lock is a tad trickier on that one, I haven't notched the scale like I did on the one with the stock disc.

When I show the side of the first one you can see the serrations of the lock- I did this to let me pull it over to the scale and hold it there a LOT more easily. Gotta do it to the second one yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX9HRDg0xkE

By leverage I meant what you mentioned in terms of flicking open the knife easier.

My 7 has the wave feature, but it only really seems to work well in the pocket of Jeans. I wear EMS type pants when I'm on duty at the firehouse, that have more vertical pockets, and the wave hook doesn't catch on them as well. I've been trying to figure out if I can maybe draw the knife a little more horizontally rearward to catch the corner better, but haven't had much chance to practice.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Rustpot,

Yes. Bigger disk allows for a better purchase with your thumb. My Emersons always wear Steel Flame "tactical" thumb disks that are nurled. I love them. I haven't tried the Pete Grey Monster Disk yet but have read nothing but good reviews. The grey one looks cool against the black blades.

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
N-SAR's available at the Emerson site...$280...I think this might be the first ones offered to the public.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/n-sar/

And they have a Christmas Special OD Green CQC-7BW...Very interesting look here...

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...stmas-specials/odc7/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is for the first time.

Also, the all OD green 7s are out. The serrated have already sold out. If you want a plain edge join the wait list and perhaps they will become available.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ernest has a section over at Blade Forums dedicated to makers. I was just there checking and found this, you might want to follow the Link because there are some good pics related to the story. Now, this was from Feb 2014, but I don't recall seeing it here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/for...an-Sniper-Chris-Kyle

Dear Members,

We just returned from the setup location at the prop house, where we met with the prop directors and armorer who are in charge of all the kit, firearms and weapons for the upcoming movie American Sniper, the story of U.S. Navy SEAL, Chris Kyle. The individuals, SEALs in charge of the training and all of the specifications for weapons and gear, knew that we had a relationship with Chris and as his wife also told the directors, "Chris never went anywhere without his Emerson in his pocket." So, they contacted us for the edge weapons outfitting, etc.

I got a chance to see all of the armament that was being specifically built to authenticate the movie to the specific time periods and missions throughout Chris's long career. Mind you, these are all 100% real weapons built by the original companies that Chris Spec'ed his original weapons systems too.

And while we were there, it was also very cool to handle the weapons used in the movie, Lone Survivor, and Marcus's personal rifle that he used. I don't think I ever mentioned that we were also involved, behind-the-scenes, with Lone Survivor as several of our closest friends, including Marcus did the training for all of the actors for that movie also. And, if you haven't seen Lone Survivor yet, all I can say is, you must see it.

I guess the reason I haven't talked about it yet was the fact that shooting was done well over a year ago and we saw the movie in advance screenings months and months ago. Now that it's out I realized that none of you knew that we had anything to do with the movie.

Anyway, American Sniper is going to Morocco to start shooting in two weeks so there were some deadlines we're being held to. This is going to be another big movie, perhaps even bigger than Lone Survivor. Sorry that I can't show you the photos yet as there are contracts that must be abided by.

But, here are some of my Son with some of the other weapons at the site. You may recognize some of them. I'll keep you posted when more news becomes available.

My Best Regards,

Ernest Emerson

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
It was also posted at USN at that time. Mr. Emerson was integral to the founding of USN. The movie comes out Christmas day, I believe.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Guys, there is only one Stonewashed Hattin left in stock...Better make your move... Smile

Oops...All out...Bet they make a second run.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That was incredibly fast, the Stonewashed Hattin's are back in stock.

I was a little Tempted to get one and hold it to sell later because I think these will be in demand. Fortunately, I already had an M11A1D on layaway and put the money towards it instead.

I DO NOT NEED MORE KNIVES. But in a cash emergency a good Sig would sell faster. I wish I had a drawer full of German 228's... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
And this just popped up...at least I hadn't noticed before...The OD Green Tiger...

"Includes special edition OD Green clip. As of 11/21/2014 these special editions will be hand signed on the back of the blade by Ernest Emerson personally, making them even more valuable as special collectible editions."

They're making OD Green versions of a bunch of mainstream models.

http://emersonknives.com/produ.../christmas-specials/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Yep, very difficult to pass up.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Added #6, a mini-Commander.

I need to sell a few of these. Or buy a few more. I really like the look of the Zealot.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I like the Zealot too, cool design and origin story.

The OD Green versions just don't appeal to me. Maybe I got OD'ed out in the AF...