SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    High School Boys get in trouble during trip to DC, Media gets it wrong.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High School Boys get in trouble during trip to DC, Media gets it wrong. Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I see it too. Elephant Ears Cody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16123 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Incase the link to the twitter thread in my previous post was covered or otherwise inaccessable to some due to the problem with page 9, here's the most relevant video:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_476ys5d_w

Maybe when he says "in theater" he's referring to where they found him one of the times he went AWOL?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
We dont mock people's appearances.... old rule.

This guy looks for trouble and makes a big deal about it. Nothing more or less.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...om-jail_2777466.html

Native American Who Confronted High School Students Has Violent Criminal Record, Escaped From Jail

The Native American activist who approached a group of teenagers in Washington on Jan. 18, with video of the incident going viral, has a violent criminal record that includes a prison escape.

Nathan Phillips, whose given name is Nathaniel R. Stanard, was charged on May 8, 1974, with assault and escape from prison, according to the Lincoln Journal Star.

An edition of The Lincoln Star the next day provided more details: Stanard, then 19, was “charged with escaping from the Nebraska Penal Complex where he was confined May 3,” it stated.

Stanard initially pleaded innocent to assault but changed to a guilty plea on June 19 of that year and was fined $200, according to The Lincoln Star.

A year earlier, Phillips had also gotten in trouble with the law.

Then 18, he was charged with two counts, one for intoxication and one for the destruction of property. The latter was dismissed and he was sentenced to one year of probation for the former on Oct. 30, 1973, according to the Journal Star.

On Nov. 22, 1975, he was sentenced to 12 days in jail for two counts, a minor possessing alcohol and intoxication, according to the Journal Star.

Stanard was also charged multiple times for driving-related issues. On Aug. 28, 1973, for instance, he was fined $40 for driving in a negligent manner.

Phillips’s life has come under examination after he sparked the incident on Jan. 18, sparking a slew of news stories that relied heavily on an edited video clip that, devoid of context, appeared to show a group of high school students jeering him as banged a drum in the face of one.

Phillips made several allegations that were later proven false, such as saying the students blocked his passage to the Lincoln Memorial when, in fact, there was ample space on either side of them to pass by.

Full video footage showed that the students, facing obscenities hurled by the Black Hebrew Israelites, a fringe religious group that often accosts people in New York City and Washington, responded by launching a series of school spirit chants. Into the fray waded Phillips, beating his drum and invading the personal space of one of the students while another Native American activist shouted at the group to “go back to Europe.”

Phillips, who also lied about being a Vietnam veteran, has suggested that the student he confronted, Nick Sandmann, be expelled for standing and smiling.

“At first I wanted the teachers and chaperones to be reprimanded, some fired, for letting this happen,” Phillips told the Cincinnati Enquirer. “For the students, I was against any expulsions, but now I have to revisit that.”

He also slammed Sandmann after the student said he believed he was being peaceful by standing still and not reacting to the activist drumming in his face.

“I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation,” Sandmann said in a statement.

“I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand,” Sandmann continued.

“He stole my narrative,” Phillips said. “From the time I hit that first beat of the drum until I hit the last beat, I was in prayer. Now all of a sudden, he’s the prayer guy and the passive one.”

In a speech in front of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington the day after the incident, Phillips again berated the students and said that they should be punished by colleges that had accepted them, reported the Daily Caller.

“We demand that the students of Covington Catholic High School be reprimanded—not just by the school officials as seniors, but by their upcoming universities,” he said.

Posts: 12749 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I listened to a number of Nathan Phillips interviews

some here:

https://hotair.com/archives/20...hate-group-taunting/

Phillips sounds incoherent and mentally challenged

Posts: 19608 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...om-jail_2777466.html

Native American Who Confronted High School Students Has Violent Criminal Record, Escaped From Jail
In a world that retained any sanity, this would be the final nail in the coffin of this non-story, but American leftists are involved, which means rationality, objectivity, honesty and journalistic integrity are nothing more than meaningless words.

And that means that the left and its apparatchik news media will simply ignore the facts and continue along the same hate-filled trajectory as they did two seconds after they became aware of this jumble of lies.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107761 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

This guy looks for trouble and makes a big deal about it.

That or makes trouble and looks for a big deal about it. He's a professional shit disturber and I can surely guess how he gets paid.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8370 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
That Face

The urge to smash a teenager’s face represents a new iconoclasm against masculinity.

Bruce Bawer

For centuries, people have stared at the Mona Lisa, pondering, quizzical, trying to make sense of the expression on her face. In the last few days, millions of people around the world have similarly scrutinized the image of Nick Sandmann, a now-famous junior at Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, as he encountered Nathan Phillips in front of the Lincoln Memorial on January 18.

The story that first went around was that Sandmann and his fellow students, who had attended the March for Life last Friday and were waiting for their bus back home, had encircled, threatened, and insulted Phillips, a Native American activist who had served in the military.

The Covington students, all boys, many of them wearing “Make America Great Again” caps, were instantly demonized. But video evidence later showed that the boys were innocent—quite remarkably and impressively innocent, in fact. Over the course of more than an hour, they were confronted, first, by a fanatical group of religious bigots, the Black Hebrew Israelites (who claim to be the real Jews), who pelted them with racist and homophobic abuse, to which the Kentucky boys, quite admirably, refused to reply; and, second, by Phillips, who, accompanied by a handful of hangers-on, got in their faces, chanting, banging a drum, and telling them to go back to Europe because they had no business in America, which belonged to Native Americans. As Phillips marched through the crowd of boys, all parted except for Sandmann, who silently met Phillips’s gaze.

Reactions to Sandmann’s expression poured out from every corner. Many people described him as sneering. Rosie O'Donnell was one of several who called him “smug.” Since he is white, his expression was interpreted, by the kind of people who are determined to interpret such things in such ways, as the condescending reaction of a privileged young straight white male toward a much older representative of a minority group, who was supposedly carrying out a sacred ritual.

Buzzfeed writer Anne Helen Petersen, the author of Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud: The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Woman, responded to the image of Sandmann by saying “how deeply familiar this look is. It’s the look of white patriarchy, of course.” Sandmann is a 15-year-old boy who attends high school in small-town Kentucky, but you’re never too young, never too obscure, and never too powerless, apparently, to represent the patriarchy, and never too privileged, with a wide readership and a large Twitter following, to be its victim.

Reza Aslan, who was fired by CNN after he responded to the June 2017 London Bridge terrorist attack by smearing President Trump, responded to the episode by tweeting a screenshot of Sandmann looking at Phillips and writing: “Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?” Bakari Sellers, who is still at CNN, agreed on Twitter that Sandmann was “a deplorable” who should be “punched in the face.”

In recent years, Western society has moved steadily into Orwellian territory. When the first brief clip of Sandmann made the electronic rounds, Right-Thinking People joined together in making him the object of their Two Minutes Hate. His offense, in their minds, was what in 1984 was known as a facecrime.

It’s all strange to me, because when I look at the same picture of Sandmann, I don’t see a smirk. I see an all-American boy, brought up in a decent home, raised in a decent community, and educated in decent schools, who has been cornered by somebody who, for all he knows, may be a harmless, pathetic nutbag, a genuinely dangerous character, or just a publicity hound. Sandmann wants to treat this older man with respect right up until the moment when the older man might force him to take defensive action. Sandmann is smiling, but his smile makes it clear that he is no sucker, that he doesn’t want trouble but is prepared for it, if need be.

“I believed that by remaining motionless and calm,” wrote Sandmann in a statement released after his return home, “I was helping to defuse the situation.”

Indeed, that is what you can see on his face. It seems to me a very American look—wholesome and mannerly but no wimpy pushover, either. This is what used to be called being a man. I wish I had been such a man at his age. And I wish that most of our cultural, political, and media elites had even an inkling of what I’m talking about here.

https://www.city-journal.org/c...sandmann-masculinity

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that the media, rather than admitting they lied, is now just trying to obfuscate everything by presenting "all sides of the story", interviewing Chief Spewing Bull, and making it still seem like the kids are still partially responsible because of their "Facecrimes" and "Hatcrimes".

IT is just so utterly despicable and traitorous that it can't be stomached!

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laura Ingram had the KY Co. prosecutor on her show last night. They are pursuing criminal charges against those who made threats against the boys and school. There are 2 applicable felonies of "making terroristic threats" specifically against schools, faculty and/or students. I think he said making a threat against a non-school affiliated person was just a misdemeanor.

He is getting grand jury subpoenas and going after the ones in KY 1st as well as working with investigators in other states to obtain evidence and try and extradite.

I'm so glad this is finally happening. I'm sick and tired of political discourse resulting in vile threats to physically harm people. I also hope anyone on the "right" who threatened someone gets charged as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I see that the media, rather than admitting they lied, is now just trying to obfuscate everything by presenting "all sides of the story", interviewing Chief Spewing Bull, and making it still seem like the kids are still partially responsible because of their "Facecrimes" and "Hatcrimes".
I am shocked. How very surprising.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:

In other words, Chief Drop and Squat has all the credentials necessary to be a valued and honored spokesman for the leftist wing of the Democrat party, most of Hollywood and the mainstream media. Terrific....and nothing new. Maybe they'll appoint him to a committee of some sort or give him his own show on MSNBC?

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:

IT is just so utterly despicable and traitorous that it can't be stomached!

Short step to a thought crime...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...ngton-high-students/

The Diocese of Covington was evacuated Wednesday after reports of suspicious packages prompted a major response from authorities.

The intersections of 11th and 12th streets and Madison Avenue were closed near the Diocese of Covington, as investigators swarmed the area after people in the building called 911 to report packages they were not expecting had arrived at their office.

The situation prompted Covington police, fire, Kenton County Emergency Management and Cincinnati Fire’s Special Operations and bomb squad to head to the scene.

The packages were examined and determined not to be harmful. You may wonder what is driving such a major response from local authorities and the answer is the large number of threats stemming from the Covington High story that erupted on social media last week

As classes resumed Wednesday at Covington Catholic High School for the first time since a nationwide firestorm of controversy erupted, the investigation into alleged death threats against students and the school started in earnest.

Detectives from Erlanger began the work of securing subpoenas and warrants for online records Wednesday afternoon…

They started by pulling some of the many alleged threats from the internet.

There is no precise count yet, but Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders estimated this week there could be hundreds of such threats…

Calling the power of social media “staggering and scary,” he spoke of how a sense of security can be destroyed in a matter of minutes.

“Even people that had nothing to do with this incident that are now getting death threats because somebody misidentified the face that they saw on the video,” Sanders said.

The threats continued through the weekend and apparently peaked Monday. Prosecutors say most of the threats they’re seeing online now aren’t new but merely retweets of previous threats.

Posts: 19608 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ah those radicalized Oklahoma Southern Baptists are at it again. Yeah...really nice job by the "tolerant" Left... Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:

In other words, Chief Drop and Squat has all the credentials necessary to be a valued and honored spokesman for the leftist wing of the Democrat party, most of Hollywood and the mainstream media. Terrific....and nothing new. Maybe they'll appoint him to a committee of some sort or give him his own show on MSNBC?

It looks like all these crimes were committed while the guy was in the Marines. '72-'76.

It says he was 19 in 1974 at the time of his prison escape. A year earlier he was charged for possessing alcohol as a minor. That would make him 18. AFAIK, the drinking age in 1975 was 18 across the country.

All this an multiple driving charges in 1973?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Nick Sandmann's family has retained an attorney well known for handling high profile libel and slander cases:

https://www.wcpo.com/news/loca...ing-in-libel-slander

http://www.fox19.com/2019/01/2...gh-profile-attorney/

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not a chiseled in stone strategy but a great graphic --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8370 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The bishop of KY threw the kids under the bus. It’s almost as if leftists infiltrated the church and act a fool on purpose to drive people away from the Catholic Church.

Bishop John Stowe of the Diocese of Lexington, Kentucky writes:

I am ashamed that the actions of Kentucky Catholic high school students have become a contradiction of the very reverence for human life that the march is supposed to manifest. As such, I believe that U.S. Catholics must take a look at how our support of the fundamental right to life has become separated from the even more basic truth of the dignity of each human person.

Without engaging the discussion about the context of the viral video or placing the blame entirely on these adolescents, it astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies.

We cannot uncritically ally ourselves with someone with whom we share the policy goal of ending abortion…

Respect for the sanctity of human life included the promotion of all that is necessary for all humanity to flourish. While the church’s opposition to abortion has been steadfast, it has become a stand-alone issue for many and has become disconnected to other issues of human dignity.

This past November, the U.S. Catholic bishops issued their first pastoral letter on racism since 1979…. The pastoral letter describes racism as a “life” issue; that perspective needs to become part of our educational curriculum. Students must grapple with this history and ask themselves how they are going to live differently….

The pro-life movement claims that it wants more than the policy change of making abortion illegal, but aims to make it unthinkable. That would require deep changes in society and policies that would support those who find it difficult to afford children. The association of our young people with racist acts and a politics of hate must also become unthinkable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21130 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The bishop of KY
he he

His Corn Holiness