SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Okay, apparently it was not one of his last words. However from what I can determine he did say it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNs4Rsu9EQ

I am not a conspiracy theorist. However I understand very well how evil persons try to stage an event. Therefore I have less than complete faith in the official story.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Okay, apparently it was not one of his last words. However from what I can determine he did say it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNs4Rsu9EQ
You are really trying my patience. Here's what you said earlier in this thread:
quote:
Some of Oswald's last words were "I am not a patsy".
That is NOT what Oswald said. He said "I'm just a patsy!" He said this as the police were pulling him out of the room after they brought him in for the press to see and to question briefly.

Do you need any further clarification on this? Look, it's clear you haven't researched this incident and it's clear you think there was a conspiracy. That makes you like thousands of other uninformed conspiracy theorists. The irony of your pounding this point is that what you claim he said doesn't support a conspiracy theory, and what he actually did say, does support a conspiracy. However, there is and was no conspiracy. Oswald was just- as usual- talking out of his ass, making grandiose, false statements. He was a little man who did something which changed history, and he did all of it by himself, as hard as that is for you to believe. There is no actual evidence to support your position. All there is, is every kind of paranoid conspiracy theory which could be thought up, and people taking meaningless facts and twisting them into the shape of something which never existed.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The "I am NOT a patsy", that was a typo on my part.

I agree that 99.9% of the evidence points to Oswald and he alone. However, in a presidential assassination, I do not trust "coincidences".

It has been reported that a number of SS agents were drinking late the night before, in a bar that was owned by a friend of Jack Ruby's. If this is true, I would be suspicious of this coincidence as well.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough. What you actually know about this incident couldn't fill a thimble.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Man. When you hear the sound of hooves your first thought shouldn’t be ‘Zebra’.

Occam’s razor.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I’m quite satisfied by the evidence that Oswald did the shooting, by himself, in the Texas School Book Depository. I think what a lot of people, myself included, find interesting are all of the other weird, potentially illegal things that were occurring around this time that were uncovered by the assassination investigation, but had absolutely nothing to do with the assassination. That’s kind of fascination that I have. While the assassination turned out not to be a conspiracy, there definitely seemed to be some other conspiracies underfoot to do some very shady shit. To kind of underscore my point that these were some very complicated and concerning times, I think of G. Gordon Liddy. He was an intelligent man, a former military officer, attorney, former FBI and prosecutor, and he was absolutely ready to murder Jack Anderson because Richard Nixon wanted rid of Anderson. It was clear that action was wrong, yet there was a plan underway to murder in support of Nixon. To me the JFK assassination investigation revealed a lot of similarly disturbing and hostile actions. I find that interesting, but I think many people hang onto those unrelated events as their proof of a conspiracy in the assassination.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
If this is true, I would be suspicious of this coincidence as well.

You gravitate and latch onto the conspiracy theories. Look at your language, "If this is true..." You premise your conclusion on a conditional statement. Why don't you try to do a little research, inform yourself, and then draw conclusions based on actual facts? It's exhausting trying to convince people like you with blinders on.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Disregard. I realized that that post must just be a joke to see who could be sucked into replying to it.

I would normally just delete the response, but I will leave this here to admit that you got me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I watched that Hulu miniseries 11.22.63 a few months ago and it seemed to imply that Oswald was just a communism-obsessed nutjob who acted alone.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's like implying the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Wouldn't want to upset the conspiracy crowd with facts and the trurh.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The simplest explanation is likely what happened. …..absent the magic loogie, of course.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
In Dealy Plaza I stood looking back up toward the former School Book Depository and I realized it wasn't that hard of a shot.

I thought the exact same thing when I visited Dealy Plaza.

It also struck me just how small and close everything was in real life.
It's one thing to read books and see photographs and video, but quite another where you're actually there.

I even commented to my co-worker who was with me something akin to "Oh he totally could have made that shot."

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The simplest explanation is likely what happened. …..absent the magic loogie, of course.
What are you talking about?

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Seinfeld reference. I got it...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

darthfuster, what are you talking about?

..and while I'm at it:

cas, you're actually going to ignore my question? You're going to post some vague shit in this thread and then disappear? You know better than to pull a stunt like that.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations

darthfuster, what are you talking about?

Para,

It is a Seinfeld reference…the show does a reenactment of Kevin Costner’s “Magic Bullet” demonstration…starts at 1:20 if you want to get to the meat…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Can you guys not understand I'm asking the poster? When I ask a member a question, I want to hear only from that member.

I know the reference, very well, as well as anyone here. You don't understand why I'm asking.

There are veiled references in this thread. Have a little faith that I know what I'm doing.

posted Hide Post
I'm in the "not a zebra" camp with this set of hoofbeats. I think Oswald was alone in this.

That said, I don't think we'll ever KNOW what happened, mostly because we don't know if we can trust the source of any piece of information. The best we can do is examine each bit of data on our own, evaluate its veracity and source, and put together our own individual picture of the event.

Meanwhile, it's an intriguing puzzle (or an unhealing scab, depending on your view).

Interesting comparisons against our time can be made. For instance, the data collection of the event was incredibly spotty, compared to what we're used to. If it happened today, some gomer would have a phone-video of the shooting posted on Boobtube before Jackie reached the trunk of the limo.

Conversely, similarities to today can be seen: no two eyewitness accounts seem to match. That must be a universal constant.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
What are you talking about?

Paraphrase of Occam’s razor and a Seinfeld reference.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
I'm in the "not a zebra" camp with this set of hoofbeats. I think Oswald was alone in this.

That said, I don't think we'll ever KNOW what happened, mostly because we don't know if we can trust the source of any piece of information.
You contradict yourself. Emphasizing the word "know" means you want to know to an absolute certainty. It's not possible. It is not possible for you or anyone- not even Oswald himself if he was still alive or the people involved in the aftermath- to know everything to a certainty. This extends to everything in this life, so, applying what you are saying here in a broad sense, you must not know anything, about anything. That's preposterous. A person would be unable to function in this world if they did not possess the ability to triage the evidence before their eyes and discern truth.

We do "know" what happened. Lee Harvey Oswald made a failed assassination attempt in April, 1963, and when the opportunity arose in November, 1963 to kill a far bigger target, he took it.

Jack Ruby, mentally ill and obsessed with the assassination, walked up the ramp to the police garage two days later and put a .38 slug in Oswald. There was no connection, no shady anything, no mob involvement, no CIA plot, no Mafia, no Cuba, no Soviets, nothing.

Every single piece of evidence- even the pure fabrications which are not evidence at all- has been examined for nearly six decades, from every conceivable possible angle. There was no grassy knoll shooter, there was no government conspiracy. Lee Harvey Oswald perched himself in that window and took three shots, the first of which was a miss by a country mile. He then settled in and hit his target.

In all these decades, no other shooter has been revealed, and the reason for this is, there was no other shooter. You really can trust your eyes and the evidence, as hard as that is to believe, and as boring as it is.

I started looking at the Kennedy assassination in the 1970s, and when I started out, I was sure there was a conspiracy behind it. It took about 15 years of reading and studying and thinking about it, and I finally came to realize that this incident is what it seems. One man with a rifle changed history, and there will never be any actual evidence to the contrary, for the very simple reason that there is no such evidence, and there is no such evidence because only one man did this thing.